1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ifrit Battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

After 1.19 there was no scaling of exp with different level party members.

ie: a level 50 could pt with a lvl 1 and maul lvl 40 mobs all day with no exp penalty.

Was fixed in 1.19a but with the new "claiming" system lower levels can still claim mobs and just have an R50 outside of PT finish it off.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm curious now that I'm finally getting LNC to play on Ifrit. What's a decent fully-buffed Doomspike II damage look like on Ifrit? And completely raw/unbuffed? Assuming attacking from behind with 3000 TP.

Fully buffed I think can be around 700-1000+, naked is usually around 400-500+.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'm curious now that I'm finally getting LNC to play on Ifrit. What's a decent fully-buffed Doomspike II damage look like on Ifrit? And completely raw/unbuffed? Assuming attacking from behind with 3000 TP.
    Fully buffed w/ Ifrit's Harpoon (Raging Strike, Ferocity, Blindside), anywhere from usually around 800-900ish. With Maim up, can get up to 1100 or so, think the highest I remember seeing was 1113.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Then it seams I'm not doing too bad with my shitty walmart gear (Hart Guisarme, Cobalt gear, Sipahi head, and 1 atk materia)... usually I'm usually at 800 with just Ferocity II + Raging Strike II + Blindside.

Too bad we the last fucking 100 times we've prep'd for Hellfire after taking a nail down, he immediately spams Eruption, forcing us to scramble away from the Stoneskin/Cures and the mages to get hosed because they get stuck in casting animations right before all Hell breaks loose.

Really frustrating sometimes...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Don't do anything until after that first weapon skill then

Everyone should pop second wind after hellfire as tank repositions Ifrit. Get in positions, wait for skill, continue as normal.

tol

NOW HOLD DAMN ON...I HAD TO GRIND MY GLADIATORS TO LEVEL THIRTY SIX FOR THEM SENTINELS..NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME I GOTS TO HAVE SECOND WIND TOO? I CANT WAIT TILL THIS GAME GETS BETTER

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its not necessary for second wind, its an added bonus TP skill that heals for ~600hp once a minute. As stated earler in the thread, nothing is needed, just makes it a bit easier to handle when you have more options.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I don't remember seeing (and the thread search isn't working atm) an estimation of what the drop rate for any weapon is. Are we talking something like 1 in 10? 20? 30?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It seems to be around 1 in 10 from the tracking we've done but some people get lucky and appear to get like 1 in 5 while others (me) get about 1 in 25. I've killed that shit 49 times and I have a blade I'll never use and a bow for a worthless class. I'm sure there's people with even less luck however.

I know a guy who's 0/50 (or 40). Though, I wonder if you guys count duplicate drops, because I've gotten like 5 Ifrit canes and 3 cudgels lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Its not necessary for second wind, its an added bonus TP skill that heals for ~600hp once a minute. As stated earler in the thread, nothing is needed, just makes it a bit easier to handle when you have more options.
    whoosh

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I know a guy who's 0/50 (or 40). Though, I wonder if you guys count duplicate drops, because I've gotten like 5 Ifrit canes and 3 cudgels lol.
    Yeah we count duplicates, had a few guys who have gotten 4 or 5 of the same drop too which must be frustrating. Counting the duplicates 1 in 10 seems to be a good average. Hate the luck based drop system but who doesn't.

1/25 ; ;

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Yeah, personally I would count duplicates. I'm interested in getting a sense of how often any weapon drops.. then of course it's a multiple before getting any one weapon in particular.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So a duplicate item just gets instantly trashed? I wonder why it wouldn't go into loot pool like any other unique duplicate... but I guess that question could be applied to the terrible loot system itself. Why would it be any different than say darkhold/toto-rak?

To keep us doing the content till the new content is out. Simple. If you think otherwise and accept their "Oh we'll fix that problem" as it being a bug or unintended, you are sorely mistaken.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    To keep us doing the content till the new content is out. Simple. If you think otherwise and accept their "Oh we'll fix that problem" as it being a bug or unintended, you are sorely mistaken.
    The funny part is they will fix it, but by then most people will be done with Ifrit and on to the next content. Maybe they'll get it right for Moogle fight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

1/31 on first bow..... then 1/5 on axe.... and then 1/11 on axe again.... and then 1/42 (fuuuu but worth it) on lance........

after that im considered done since i got axe and lance and lazy to count anymore but the flood gates opened and i got cudgel, sword and claws the next day

I'd say I went about 1/10-15 on Cudgel, then 1/1 (next run same night) Cane. Currently I'm going on about 0/20 on anything else.

From our "express" understanding, (about 2 runs) breaking 1 horn or both horns, has absolutely no effect on drops.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast