1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 7 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ifrit Battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
    is the loot class specific tho so say your marauder you open your chest and has a % chance marauder axe drops or is it totally random cos if its the latter then its retarded.
    Agreed, if I got a Conj of Thm weapon I would be pretty bummed since I never plan to use either of those classes. :/

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I don't get why they release new content where the item has to drop if they haven't resolved the gigantic issue with the current loot distribution system...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Same. I know they need to keep people interested but dear god fix flaws like that and class balance before you add this shit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Because you're not eligible for the loot unless you have an infernal lamp. Also: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1272391

Apparently there's an achievement for killing it quickly, under 10 minutes if I had to guess.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Because you're not eligible for the loot unless you have an infernal lamp. Also: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1272391

Apparently there's an achievement for killing it quickly, under 10 minutes if I had to guess.
    Wait so does each person get their own personal chest?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

It's random, on GLA the chest had an axe for me, on MRD I got a harpoon (LNC) and a cudgel (THM). My LNC and THM are not at 50 so they're wasted for now.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Wait so does each person get their own personal chest?
    Yes. Just like a faction leve.

So now that you guys have the weapons does using them speed up your kills?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

We only have 1 that we're using, the axe. I was tanking on GLA until I got the axe and switched to MRD. Naturally playing MRD and having more DPS overall speeds up the kill. As far as the weapon goes it's hard to tell because we can't compare to previous attempts since I was never on MRD to tank.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Jailer weapons gooo!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is archer useless now for this fight ? i've heard you were doing massive amount of damage from WS as lancer or marauder, it's look like archer dealing over 6x less damages from WS.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well atm ifrit is basically a quest nm and the chest is the reward for completing the quest per individual.
    I agree that the general idea of coffer drops going directly to inv is bs.

What they should do is change the entrance requirement to consume the inferno lamp and make it like an open BC fight where ifrit drops the loots directly.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post

What they should do is change the entrance requirement to consume the inferno lamp and make it like an open BC fight where ifrit drops the loots directly.
    Then you'd need a new lamp every attempt, not every win.. fk that.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Or just require a lamp in inventory... Not actually consume it till the chest.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Err, that's what already happens.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Err, that's what already happens.
    Thought you could enter w/o lamp? Long as someone has the quest Q'd

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can enter as long as 1 person has the lamp as its a quest and not an open bc. Those who enter to help without a lamp don't get any special loot from the chest. Farming tapers from stronghold pt isn't all that difficult as u only need 5.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Oh I knew that I have stacks of them from PL pts. Was just implying they should change it to anyone wanting to enter has to have a lamp, but isn't consumed till the chest is opened. Then they can use normal loot rules.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Well atm ifrit is basically a quest nm and the chest is the reward for completing the quest per individual.
    I agree that the general idea of coffer drops going directly to inv is bs.

One of my LS members said their MRD is miles ahead in damge over their ARC.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post
    Is archer useless now for this fight ? i've heard you were doing massive amount of damage from WS as lancer or marauder, it's look like archer dealing over 6x less damages from WS.
    We haven't actually tested archer in full upgraded gear with the new crab bow + cobalt arrows but the main problem with archer is the lack of auto attack.

Lnc, Mrd, Pug are all able to auto attack to generate tp without getting locked into an animation meaning they can generate enough tp to weaponskill often enough to put out large amounts of damage and not be stuck in animations when he uses an ability.

Archer on the other hand needs to lightshot to generate that tp and doing so puts them into a 1 second animation lock which is extremely bad when he casts certain abilities mainly because of server lag, also when i tested archer i was in bad gear at the time using a dated crab bow/verdant shortbow + mythril arrows and at that time my quicknocks fully buffed were only hitting for around 300-350 damage max compared to doomspike/maim/victimize which all can do above 800+ but again that could have been due to my bad gear.

I will test archer out again if i get the bow and updated gear to see if it can atleast keep up with the other classes on a less movement demanding fight but for ifrit i don't think it matters how good of an archer you are you just wont be out damaging a decent lancer simply due to the animation lock on lightshot.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast