1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 1 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Ifrit Battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    The lag is by far the most annoying part of the fight for me. Plumes are a close second since you need to be pretty sharp on your reactions compared to Eruption.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but if the tank stays in one relative position for the duration of the entire fight, there will be a few spots where Plumes will never pop.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I was wondering if there is any reason to break Ifrit's horns, I see in some videos people do it and others don't. I'm not noticing anything changing during out fight after breaking them. (I'm not meaning the nails)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    I was wondering if there is any reason to break Ifrit's horns, I see in some videos people do it and others don't. I'm not noticing anything changing during out fight after breaking them. (I'm not meaning the nails)
    We always break them in Phase One for the simple fact that it's easy to do, and we think it may have something to do with his Regen. We mainly do it just out of paranoia, lol

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but if the tank stays in one relative position for the duration of the entire fight, there will be a few spots where Plumes will never pop.
    One of my LS members said there are a few safe spots but I haven't checked into it quite yet. Will have to before our next run this week.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Streaming ifrit fights @ http://www.livestream.com/ViciousLinkshell?t=600103

Not sure if people are still interested in the fight. For those that are still unsure on how to kill it, this could be very informative.

For the rest... we act like complete jackasses so it could be quite comical

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Luck was on my side last night. My first win and I got the lance. Thanks guys, was tons of fun yesterday and grats to those who also got drops. :D

http://www.abload.de/img/ffxivgame2011-10-1901-6kj3.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/ffxivgame2011-10-1901-akji.jpg

lalalance ftw! Congrats!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm curious (as I haven't had an opportunity to get in on this fight yet), does Decoy interact with Hellfire at all?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Mhh not sure, never tried it. Just know you gotta buff up, heal yourself to full and throw up Sentinel (Rampart II if you dont have sentinel) and then pray you dont die lol.
    Most of my LS has sentinel and that works, I need 6k xp more on Gladiator to get it. I usually only survive Hellfire by 200hp and only if I was at full hp with stoneskin up and rampart II.

From what I'm reading, this fight requires you to get lucky and get the item you want in your own personal chest?

Yeah. You either get Dark Matter (UGH), Fire Pots (meh) or a weapon. Haven't seen anything else.

Want to know the shittiest thing though? Getting a weapon doesn't exclude it from the loot pool, so it's possible to get the same weapon multiple times for no reason.

Naver

Congrats Buttons! I see a lot of familiar faces on that screenshot. ^^

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Luck was on my side last night. My first win and I got the lance. Thanks guys, was tons of fun yesterday and grats to those who also got drops. :D
    So lucky! Can't believe you got the lance on your first drop!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Thank you. <3 *___*/

damn so jelouse buttons grats ^.^

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah. You either get Dark Matter (UGH), Fire Pots (meh) or a weapon. Haven't seen anything else.

Want to know the shittiest thing though? Getting a weapon doesn't exclude it from the loot pool, so it's possible to get the same weapon multiple times for no reason.
    I think we figured out you only get Fire Pots if you don't have a Lamp, getting the Lamp turn your crap drop from pots to matter.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post

One of our members got Water Potions or something totally random, lol

I got Ifrit's Harpoon, but {lawlz} can't /equip ><

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Decoy does nothing on Hellfire sadly. :/

Yeah I was mainly asking because there is a similar system in place in XI and they just reiterated again that they wouldn't change it. In XI's case, you get <1% Rare/Ex "HQ" Body/Weapon, 5% "HQ" secondary drop, and a 10% common drop for one of the events. Mostly you get NPC garbage.

From what I've seen looking at screens here though, this is better implemented and the content seems challenging because it's challenging as opposed to challenging because you need to "proc" something before killing it.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think it's mostly challenging because the fight revolves around reactive positioning and your feet get stuck to the ground every time you do anything.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast