1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ifrit Battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Ifrit Battle

Not sure why there isn't a thread for this already.. lol

Anyways, how goes it all?

Just attempted this twice with some random people on my server to get a an overall view of the fight/what to expect:

- If you lose you don't lose the lamp (not sure if this was in notes). Just gotta wait the 5 minutes to reenter (pretty much whenever you're done rezzing/unweakening lol).
    - Ifrit can be grav'ed. Kiting around the edges seemed to work fairly well. This did however screw up the melees that were there. :/
    - About 700-800 damage a swing on my dated iron set w/ full buffs.
    - Flame Pillar can do about 1700 damage. Easily avoidable (cracks on the ground - move). It's a long cast.
    - When he teleports move from the center. He always passes through the middle.

Only got him to about 70% so that's all I've got for now. If you guys have stuff to add - feel free to post.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think it's not until 50% or so, but he summons Ifrit's Nail pillars in a square/diamond formation around him. I think this begins his charge of a big attack unless you take them out? They have relatively low HP. I'm amazed at how little information on this is floating around.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Did this a few times last night, only one thing to really add to what's been said.

When he starts leaping around, after teleporting back to where he was, he almost always follows up with TP. Can be avoided fairly easily if you make an effort to move around.

Fight is a joke overall until around 75%. Damage output and TP starts getting a bit out of hand at that point. Decided to wait on trying again until we've upgraded our gear from being dated and added in some materia. Fight doesn't seem reasonable to us at the moment with our current gear/setups.

edit: Forgot to mention kiting can be a viable recovery strategy, after a full PT wipe I was able to kite him around (gravity does stick, but unreliably) on THM for a good 5 minutes before he took me out with an unlucky TP shot.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Hehe guess this is our current gear check NM.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Hehe guess this is our current gear check NM.
    It could be. Even with what was considered exceptional gear before, he dropped me like I was a chew toy on my GLA. Even with 3951 HP after food, sitting at around 700 DEF. I really don't even lol.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

All i found is,

Ifrit have multpiple Hitbox.

Head, Legs, Body, hands. When his head is down you hit it instead of the body.

We know there's something about his horns (it may be a clue).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus View Post
    All i found is,

Ifrit have multpiple Hitbox.

Head, Legs, Body, hands. When his head is down you hit it instead of the body.

We know there's something about his horns (it may be a clue).
    This could be true, a guy on Mumble last night was saying that for every horn you break (total of 4?) Hellfire drops by 2000 damage. If you were to break all 4 horns, it would be managable.

But at the same time, I think it's completely avoidable if you manage to break the nails he summons. That seems to be the catalyst for Hellfire.

Other things we considered:

- Fire resist gear, including materia. Even though it never made a difference before, it's a new patch with new mechanics.

- Emulate seemed to help a bit even though it's been deemed as somewhat useless after the THM nerfs. Could be saved for "oh shit situations".

- Kiting the entire fight. This would've worked very, very well if you could maintain the damage output to counter the innate regen. One of the safest fights we had was kiting. But it requires everyone to pay attention to where they are. Archers would've been great for this you'd think, but their damage seems to be piss poor now.

- 3 DoTs do not counter his innate regen, as we tried throwing up Bio/Dia/Poison tier 2s, and he was still regenerating at an excessive rate.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I saw two horn as far as i remember (we attempt 7~8 times), but i though it could break his Very high Regen.

I was also thinking about his hands that didn't touch the floor and wich he's always casting with or using his claw abilities, maybe it can be damaged.

Now i said that, i'm thinking that maybe every hitbox have their own skills, if you damaged them enough, it can lower it's skills.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Just a heads up for Lancers. He is immune to the Evasion Down effect of Life Surge and Comrade in Arms.

Anyway, just some quick notes for others.

*If you see him use Eruption keep an eye out for the molten cracks in the ground. If you're on or near them get the hell out of the way.

*His teleport/ram move isn't too bad. I found the best method is to stay near one end of the ring for the best view then just run out of the way if I'm in his line of fire.

Buffed up Maim does about 500 dmg with Canopus Bill, that also puts all the hate on the MRD. Was getting hit by 600-700 with Protect II and Defender II, in a Darkhold's gear. His skills after 75% were hitting me for up to 1k, can't remember which one tho, I thought I was taking screenshots but Fraps wasn't on.

We wiped at around 70%, none of us had any new gear or materia, just went in to check out the fight. For what we saw the skills he uses after 75% are dodgeable, so with proper gear, I reckon that phase, until the pillars -50%- maybe, can be done by both kiting and running in to use ws by melees, like old school Kirin fights lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

As of last night we have him consistently past Hellfire phase(20-25% HP) with x1 Tank x3 heals x4 DPS. Going for more attempts tonight with some new damage mitigation information we're trying out.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Archer's skill that avoid either one magicial or one distant damage is very usefull on this fight. (It's Decoy)

We were gonna try to tank it facing away from the fire and with people around the edge to avoid getting hit while he flies through the middle. Hopefully BG beats it soon and they share some wisdom.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    We were gonna try to tank it facing away from the fire and with people around the edge to avoid getting hit while he flies through the middle. Hopefully BG beats it soon and they share some wisdom.
    working on it ; - ;

I mostly just lurk, but I thought I'd post the list of moves I compiled from watching the video, haven't had a chance to face him yet. This was the Japanese pre-patch video, so it's possible some moves changed names in the English version, or that they may have been altered since then, but it's unlikely...

All the numbers are based on what was seen in the video, so the Hellfire damage was probably after breaking a certain number of horns. @# signifies the time in the video it took place at.

Vulcan Buster
    Large AoE Fire Damage @0:40
    About 800 damage

Crimson Cyclone
    Teleport followed by a linear dash attack @1:00
    2283 damage to Roegadyn Con

Eruption
    Delayed fire AoE marked by a red circle on the ground
    Didn't see it hit anyone

Hellfire
    Signature move, obviously, Massive AoE + Massive Fire Damage
    900-1800 damage, hit the entire arena, used at about 33% health

Also I noticed his melee attack was sometimes a cleave and sometimes not, has anyone discovered the specifics of when it is and is not?

tol

There is also a move called Plume - massive void zone type move where he creates several circles and you have to get into the slots between them to escape taking aoe damage that he starts using under 50%

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

First night we got together to try. Best attempt was 40% tonight, and on our 4th attempt I believe. He really is "hard mode". I'm loving the difficulty

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Dammnnnn son, with 21 min left? you crazy

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Calemero View Post
    I like your UI, gonna be stealing that. Also how effective is barbs on him? If you don't mind saying. Meaning would using it with hellfire be effective?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast