1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Are dots really so un-potent now that you don't even bother casting it?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    Are dots really so un-potent now that you don't even bother casting it?
    From Cel and mine's testing early result seems to be they cap at Poison II 30 others 15. Average DoT you probably only get 10 ticks or 30 seconds worth. So it's like 300 damage for landing poison and 150 for others. Basic nuke does more than that and I can still sleep the mobs if shit hits the fan. That's if the damage caps. From my testing on R44 lemurs I couldn't even cap on those with a high PIE build so the damage is probably even less on these R50+ mobs. Kinda depressing

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    THM solo of Mythril Natalan Key (R59 Sentry) that drops Sentinel's Celeta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-TTzLqJbI4
    Damnit. You beat me to it. I messed up my Sleep Nuke with like 30% HP remaining. =(

Edit: Watched video, good job. Completely different than what I was attempting.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

just did it on my thm..... still having lame gears (darkhold) but still do-able

question is.... even if get key.... how to open the box the other side?! XD XD

and for DOT, idk about you, but i tried and gave up cos they couldnt land at all :X

the mythril key does nto give the Sentinel Celata the gold key does...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Criosist View Post
    the mythril key does nto give the Sentinel Celata the gold key does...
    If that is so, then I have people telling me different things. In that case, would you please be kind enough to show me a picture as evidence of the chest it drops from?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Actus View Post
    Damnit. You beat me to it. I messed up my Sleep Nuke with like 30% HP remaining. =(

Edit: Watched video, good job. Completely different than what I was attempting.
    Were you trying to solo it legit in the room itself? Seems doable but with some significant difficulty unless you get lucky on adds.

As far as how you get the chest, you would have to get past 2 gates, which is pretty doable solo on a good THM build. Then once you get through the final gate, I popped quickstride, sentinel, dark seal, chainspell pre-buff. Ran in, gathered, slept, popped chest, ran back out. A huge hassle but Celata is like 10M.

Also, my LS has gotten Celata from that chest. Pretty sure it's there. It's also listed as such on the OP here.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Were you trying to solo it legit in the room itself? Seems doable but with some significant difficulty unless you get lucky on adds.

As far as how you get the chest, you would have to get past 2 gates, which is pretty doable solo on a good THM build. Then once you get through the final gate, I popped quickstride, sentinel, dark seal, chainspell pre-buff. Ran in, gathered, slept, popped chest, ran back out. A huge hassle but Celata is like 10M.

Also, my LS has gotten Celata from that chest. Pretty sure it's there. It's also listed as such on the OP here.
    Yeah. I was just off to the right of the Sentry. Was really bad aggro.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I tried your positioning Kaeko. So much easier. Only had 2 links and was easily managed.

Personally confirmed it comes from Mythril Chest. 1/3 on Celeta ^^

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Actus View Post
    I tried your positioning Kaeko. So much easier. Only had 2 links and was easily managed.

Personally confirmed it comes from Mythril Chest. 1/3 on Celeta ^^
    how do u open the box ;O

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I legitamately got there once, suicide ran once, and piggybacked a group once. ^^;

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

0/10 my luck sucks as usual

Sea Torques
    BG Level

im currently 0/3, Good luck, And thank you kaeko for letting us know your strat

Can anyone confirm if Sentinel's Trousers are rare/ex? I just find it odd that the rest of the set isn't rare/ex.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They are, we found that out shortly after the patch when we killed the beastking and a CNJ got them. >_>

Basically, most of the set isn't Rare/EX because it has Materia slots. For some unknown reason the pants don't, so they're Rare/EX like all the rest of the stronghold sets.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

0/16 and then went 2/18

trying to sell the extra head for 8m lol

so yes, it definately dropped from mythril box

@sentinel body to go...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Good. Just confirmed last night that my list on the OP is 100%. Have at it everyone.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

1/4 kills on Natalan Sentry (59) to get key, then 1/1 on sentinel celata, then 2/2 on keys but garbage. Currently 0/5 on keys.
    so total, 3/11 for key drop, 1/3 for celata.

*Celata sold for 15m

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

wtf 15m

i cant sell mine for 8m >_<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Heya ^^

Thanks alot for the complete confirmed drop list, helped to close the last gaps in our LS list.

I'm currently working on a little project where we gather all info about the chests (position + position of key dropper) and put those on a map. You can find a link to it in my signature.
    Zahar'ak is pretty much finished (LS already confirmed all positions), but there's still quite a bit missing for Natalan and U'Ghamaro.

In Natalan the chest positions are only rough estimates but should be mostly correct. Some key drop positions are still missing, either because i don't know them or because i didn't have the time
    U'Ghamaro still has the largest gaps. Copper and bronze were confirmed by us, brass and silver are rough guesses, and i have no idea where in the south room the gold chests are... Key drop position is only certain for bronze.

I'd really appreciate if some of you could help with the missing positions. Screenshots would be really helpful ^^ And if you have any suggestions i'll gladly try to integrate them.

Nya~