1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Natalan Copper, the Natalan Sentry is on top of the chest.
    U'ghamaro Silver, the U'ghamaro Overman is on top of the chest
    U'ghamaro Brass, the U'hamaro Ashman is at the entrance of the corridor leading to the chest room
    U'ghamaro Copper, the U'ghamaro Ashman is in the little room west of the chest room
    U'ghamaro Gold chests ar in that little room behind the widest room in the south east and the boss pops at the entrance of the corridor leading to that room

Happy hunting :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Thanks saburo, was really helpful =^.^= Zahar'ak and U'Ghamaro are complete now, and in Natalan only the key pos for silver is missing. But i'd guess the mob is pretty close to the chest ^^
    €dit: nvm, added silver key. Friend confirmed that the mob is right next to the chest like i expected.

All that's left then is cross-checking the chest positions. Like already mentioned, some of them are only rough estimates. But that's low priority, i'm really happy that the main work is almost done.

Nya~

wow i think they lowered the drop rate on keys, they all suck now...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    wow i think they lowered the drop rate on keys, they all suck now...
    As far as I can tell they are the same.

Niya: I believe all your chest locations are correct.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Actus View Post
    As far as I can tell they are the same.
    Not sure about that. The ones in Zanarak seemed to have a ~50% drop rate, whereas the Brass/Copper ones in Natalan are more like <10%

. . . or I should just had really shitty luck in Natalan

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's just you. Seems to be between 20-25% for any keys for my group.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You just have shitty luck. I also would propose that there is an element of time involved with key drop rate. When I am in a party the drop rates for keys are very low, around 1 out of 7. When I am solo, the drop rates seem to increase to 1 out of 3. The drop rates could also be related to party size, but frankly. I couldn't care less to test these.

It is possible that SE is affecting drop rate with party size since they already have an algorithm for linking and it wouldn't be very hard to modify the code for drop rates (at least, on paper imo). They may have considered that in a solo situation, it takes longer to kill and may equal the time it takes for a party to kill the mob 7 times in your example as oppose to 3. I'm pretty sure this may not be true in certain scenarios, such as the sentinel's celata solo vs. party farm. In any case, I rather stick with the 20-25% drop rate and people either getting good luck with the key drop rate or bad luck since from all coffers that my LS and I farmed we averaged at ~20-30% drop rate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

second sentinel's celata out of 9 keys. Fairly decent drop rate. Keys are not that decent, 1/5 is our average.
    Managed to turn keys in with GLA, CNJ, THM, ARC using sleep/zerg Gatekeeper method.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXzkP...feature=relmfu

Not mine. Kobold NM duo using some "return to territory" abuse. Not practical time-wise but fun to watch.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I tried that solo for about two hours. PITA. Got nowhere.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The kobold NM is in a pretty stupid place. You could probably solo it somehow.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

It's a matter of keeping up DPS. It's extraodinarily difficult to keep landing DoT spells on moving targets while keeping yourself alive through the constant barrage. I wouldn't say it was impossible, I just gave up after making no progress.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

May be possible (to the point where if someone did it would be very impressed but not skeptical) but would rather await the updates at this point. Game's going to change a ton in 3 weeks anyways. I am curious as to what they intend to do about the return to territory thing though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I hope that the changes don't totally kill the high level solo play.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

got kobold boss down with 3.5 person

0.5 is my dual conj and as usual my luck suck so bad i went 1/31 sentinel body on right box.....total up of 20 hours of farming.............

people after me went something like 1/7 and 1/2 tho..........

random shit is random

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Since YG finally updated their DB to 1.19+ i've added their API to my BSC site, so yay, mouse-over tooltips for the gear sets~

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry to bump the old topic a bit here, but could a LNC and a CNJ duo Sentinel's Gauntlets and Sentinel's Celata NMs and get to the chest? Looking to pre-get some gear and get it melded so I'm ready to go, but I'd rather not force a giant group to go if it's unnecessary.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Sorry to bump the old topic a bit here, but could a LNC and a CNJ duo Sentinel's Gauntlets and Sentinel's Celata NMs and get to the chest? Looking to pre-get some gear and get it melded so I'm ready to go, but I'd rather not force a giant group to go if it's unnecessary.
    I know that Gauntlets can still be soloed, I imagine a good THM could still solo celata, but I doubt you could get there solo anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5