1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats and how they work.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Like it wasn't before? It should be equipped all the time, by everybody.
    Seconded. It's the one trait that should basically never come off of your bar.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I put this in the archer thread too-

Did some test on ARC w/ Sipahi Gloves.....

w/o gloves-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...houtgloves.png

w/ gloves-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...withgloves.png

Formula seems broke because the natural crit hit for archer was going between 24~26% and then w/ gloves it went down to 14%~16%. More tests should probably be done w/ larger sample size, but seems as though +15 crit rate forces your crit hit to become 15%......

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You have to test crit rate on a per mob, per level basis. Fighting a lv 1 mob will yield a significantly higher crit rate for all dmg type compared to a lv 50 mob. Its not uniform on the player, dLvl somehow plays a role in these tests.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

It was done against all lvl 1 cobolds (sp?). The crit rate should be consistent for a naked beside the bow. Then I put on the other hands and did another test the crit rate dropped. Should it not be more if the gloves give +15 crit rate? Or at least very close?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Because critical % seems to vary significantly with dLVL, the best you can do with this is to test on Lv1 mobs like you did above, then find the dLVL correction for crit% (somehow). You could then extrapolate the gains at dLVL49 to any range of dLVL.

How about elemental resistances, magic evasion and shell? How do these work since the 1.19 patches? I am wondering how to value Magic Evasion materia in particular.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone done or seen testing regarding secondary stat modifiers on TP attacks? For instance a VIT/PIE etc. modifier on say Chaos Thrust?

New Odin
    BG Level

Would make for more balanced stat allocation in the best case if everything isn't affected by just STR/DEX alone. You know.

Still of the opinion that testing current TP attacks is a waste of time though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Way to get whooshed there, bro.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looking at Buttons' shots on the previous page, if you crit a cure for ~1000 that normally heals for ~600, I'm presuming you get emnity for the full 1000 cured? Not sure if anyone can answer that yet.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Interesting result considering the ratio of STR and ATK given on materia matches the ratio. However, due to how complex the formula may actually be, this 2:3 ratio may only actually apply to R50ish mobs which have roughly similar stats to the player. It's still possible that higher end mobs will have a different ratio.

Also from testing MATK and INT, INT seems to do more than MATK 1 for 1 at all level differences, which does not fit the ratio of increases from materia.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The next step would be to test against an L60+ mob, but obviously it's much less convenient to test against that range since I'd need to drag a healer along. I honestly haven't looked at MATK or INT or PIE or MND or anything caster-related, but I think it's safe to assume that DEX and ATK have the same relationship for ranged physical damage as STR and ATK do for melee.

Although if you can think of any L60 mobs that a solo L50 LNC can be self-sufficient against, I'd be happy to do the legwork. Probably the worst part is making sure to single out a given level for testing against, since the mob level ranges are fairly wide.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Maybe work on R60s once you have the most information possible (to limit the # of trials you'll need to verify/confirm). I would suggest picking an R40ish target or any lower level target really and repeat the same thing. You'll obviously do more damage just due to level difference but you'll see a large stat difference (where you know your STR is much greater than their VIT). You can then check to see if the 2:3 holds for situations where your STR >> mob VIT, then possibly extrapolate the result for when your STR << mob VIT (lv60 mob).

As far as targets, something that only spawns at 1 level would be nice, but can't think of much. The only thing you have to worry about is if your ATK is too high, there may be a cap. I know MATK can cap so that may be something to verify before pouring trials into it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    As far as targets, something that only spawns at 1 level would be nice, but can't think of much. The only thing you have to worry about is if your ATK is too high, there may be a cap. I know MATK can cap so that may be something to verify before pouring trials into it.
    I think all the cities have a group of mobs right outside that spawns at level 1 only.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Cobols right outside Uldah are all lvl 1.

It's been a while since I've been there but aren't mountain peiste south of mor dhona level 54? YG has them as 50-54 but I had in mind they were exactly 54.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you're looking for 50-54 Peistes, Desert Peistes are now up on the way to Blue Fog via the western path.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

just eyeballing on my CON at ifrit fights and my THM farming it seems like having int,mnd and pie is much better than m.acc, m.pot, healing.

m.acc simply sucks, doesnt seem to make a difference, i had +12 from materia and when i switched to mnd/pie only set i got much better results trying to debuff ifrit, and my healing doesnt seem to go up very much no matter what i do (im sitting on over 320 mnd and its almost the same as having 260)

also, this might just been bad luck, but everytime i use Dark Seal II to cast slow on ifrit it gets resisted, but i cast without it, at least 70% of the time it sticks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast