1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats and how they work.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Yeah those are the tests I would more like to see. Its obvious at 50 that if there is a cap it would be at cap on a level 1 mob. Need testing on this on higher level mobs attempting this theory.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I wouldn't mind some more testing myself. It seems kind of odd potency is weaker than INT.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Brief confirmation of INT v. Mag Atk Pot: Tested on 44-46 Amal inbetween Zahar'ak and CBW.

INT
    http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s...-07_030859.jpg

Mag Atk Pot
    http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s...-07_030330.jpg

Obv. not extensive, but the gist is there.

BG Level

I'm kind of more curious about the cap on potency VS something that's higher level than you. Problem is I'm not sure if there are any mobs around the 55ish range that don't link and are manageable with a duo/trio.

Overall, I'm still expecting INT to be the primary stat to boost, but curious if it's possible to get enough data to see if we can find a pattern on cap.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'll do more testing on lvl 60 mobs later tonight. I can handle multiples fairly easy.

BG Level

Looking forward to it. I'm waiting for the patch before I do any type of tests myself since they might ninja fix the damage formula and I can wear a color other than brown for the felt set.

You should be able to anyway with the new dyeing system.

Rock that purple.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are we actually going to be able to do any colors we want? The recipes that came out have the same colors, but the stats are now based on the additional description. I do want purple felt though.

BG Level

Felt comes in Brown, Green, Red, and Blue for the Cavalier set now and Cobalt comes in Red or Blue.

Some gear didn't get attribute bonuses though. Cobalt plate got nothing and they removed the M.Acc from cavalier gear. On a plus note though, you can add INT as a base stat to Mahogany shoes.

Is that new? I thought Cobalt's only alternative colour was red. Would be nice to dye armour more than 1-2 alternative colours.

BG Level

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/32384 if you do a search for Cobalt Cuirass you'll notice it comes in undyed, red, and blue.

Anyeay. Actus, any luck on the level 60 mobs?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

^^ Passed the hell out before I could get around to it.

BG Level

Just curious. What mobs were you talking about?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Felt comes in Brown, Green, Red, and Blue for the Cavalier set now and Cobalt comes in Red or Blue.

Some gear didn't get attribute bonuses though. Cobalt plate got nothing and they removed the M.Acc from cavalier gear. On a plus note though, you can add INT as a base stat to Mahogany shoes.
    Mahogany Pattens can get INT on them now. Only problem is that it's DoH only.

BG Level

We'll see. I'm hoping that changes in the patch.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Did some painfully boring DEX/ACC tests.
    Thanks for doing the legwork on this. Though right now ACC isn't much of a concern due to SiN, this could very well change in 1.20 and beyond, so it's nice to have some tentative conclusions.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

seems like int is still the primary boost for spell damage...

it just seems kinda stupid, how come 5 int equals 1 m.potency and int being the primary boost, also, the materia for int have higher values than m.potency.. it just doesnt make sense for me, the +30 m.potency from ifrits cudgel is USELESS, you can get a lvl 1 weapon and put a +10 int materia and it will be better.

is int materia more rare than m.potency? i have done over 100 materia already, but i cant say, seems like it, but i could be wrong.

anyone thinks they might change that in the future? i got a +15 m.potency materia that seems just useless now, i will try to sell it.

BG Level

How much Magic Accuracy do you guys have? I was getting resisted a bit doing NMs for moogle and trying to figure out what to change.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    How much Magic Accuracy do you guys have? I was getting resisted a bit doing NMs for moogle and trying to figure out what to change.
    Which spell and on CON or THM?

There was a Dev post that clarified that when considering enfeebles and attacks that have an enfeeble attached to them (e.g. Blizzard), the stat check is with enfeebling magic skill and not MACC. I'm not sure if that's intended or not. Makes me wonder what MACC even does.

Can you give a link to that post? Seems like a really strange way of doing things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast