Closed Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    lol why do you people care so much about this game. I'm flattered and all, but it's just 1 game. Your season won't be over when you lose, save some emotion (and money)
    i dont care about this game at all

Spoiler: show
    go pats

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    i dont care about this game at all

Spoiler: show
    go pats
    I tried rooting for the eagles last week - but these fucking bills are so damn adorable. couldn't do it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    I love how this week's game is the damn superbowl for cowboys fans.

This isn't even thought of as anything special in the patriots season lol
    It's not that big of a game, playoff implication wise. Game 5, etc.

I'm mostly hyped just because of all the injured players returning, and it will be fun to see Brady on his ass with Ware teabagging him.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    You should just light your money on fire.
    lmfao

are people really considering this a game of the week? or is this just more cowboys shit

maybe just homerism at play but i would think Lions/Niners is more interesting and good tests for both teams

Demosthenes11

I'm more excited for Monday night's game than I am the pats game - I love watching division opponents play each other.

pats game will probably just be the pats scoring, cowboys making a few more mistakes than the pats, and eventually the pats win 31-27 or something like that. yawn

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The only way the Pats-Cowboys game will be good is if somehow the game doesnt happen cuz both teams get sick or die or something

Eat a dick

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Last Week: 8-5
    Overall: 51-26

San Francisco at Detroit
    St. Louis at Green Bay
    Carolina at Atlanta
    Indianapolis at Cincinnati
    Buffalo at NY Giants
    Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia at Washington
    Houston at Baltimore
    Cleveland at Oakland
    Dallas at New England
    New Orleans at Tampa Bay
    Minnesota at Chicago
    Miami at NY Jets

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

looking forward for another disappointment by Dallas.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Losing to the Patriots is a disappointment?

Maybe if we blow a 21 point lead... But losing in Foxborough, where Brady hasn't lost in 29 regular season starts dating back to 2006, would not be a disappointment.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey fuckers, I'm gonna be gone in the Caribbean all next week. Internets will be dicey and I know you'll all miss me, especially the fans of teams I pick to lose this week. Trust me, I'll miss the "QB X is better than QB Y" retardation as well. But before I leave,

PEYTON MOTHER FUCKING HILLIS

Last week
    Pick: 7-6
    ATS: 7-6

Overall
    Pick: 48-29
    ATS: 33-42-2

SUN, OCT 16

San Francisco at Detroit (-4) - Kenny Powers and Madden players might know that Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the league, but it's rookie Aldon Smith who disrupts the passing game by getting to the quarterback. Overall the defense has been excellent, getting stops and turnovers at key moments in every game. Offensively, Alex Smith has put up a 7 TD, 1 INT, 104.1 passer rating season so far. How long can he keep this up? Frank Gore's return to effectiveness has certainly helped out in recent weeks. But can the '9ers protect the ball here? For all the attention Suh gets, he really hasn't had that huge game or highlight moment yet this season. I'll bet it happens here at home, and of course, Calvin Johnson is good for at least one TD. This should be a great game, and as much as I'm buying San Fran this season, I'll take Lions to win and cover.

St. Louis at Green Bay (-15.5) - Dat spread... I don't see the Packers scoring any less than 35, so the question is, can the Rams get to 21? I've always been a fan of Sam Bradford as an NFL quarterback, but keeping him upright and his receivers healthy has been a struggle this year. And with the Pack's stout rush defense, I'm guessing there will be plenty of three-and-outs, which should translate to a lot of discount double checks. I can't believe I'm turning down a 2TD+ spread in an NFL game, but Packers win and cover.

Carolina at Atlanta (-3.5) - Cam Newton, drunk off the rush of slipping out of the NCAA's grasp and coming back to his hometown for a winnable game against Atlanta, will finally show signs of being a rookie. He'll press, he'll stumble, he'll turn the ball over, and the Cats will get nothing done on offense. Then I'll wake up, the delicious dream will be over, and the waking nightmare of Cam Newton being a really good NFL quarterback will continue. Atlanta has no momentum, Julio Jones is out, and Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan. Still, they've historically been very good in the Georgia Dome (22-4 under Mike Smith) and it's time to dig deep if they want a shot at the playoffs. Atlanta finds a way, and for their fans' sake I hope it's on the reliable legs of Turner and not the inconsistent passing game. Falcons win, Panthers cover.

Indianapolis at Cincinnati (-7) - Despite being winless, the Colts have kept it close, losing by 8 points or less in every game since their opener. Painter is making his case to be the post-Manning placeholder, and as Tyche pointed out, Freeney and Mathis still disrupt the passing game with the best of them. But Cincy has played well, dare I say very consistently, which happens to be over the same time Andre Smith has stepped up with solid play at right tackle. COINCIDENCE??? Bengals win, Colts cover.

Buffalo at NY Giants (-3) - Fucking Giants. As soon as I buy them overcoming their injuries to put together a solid season, they shit it up at home against the fucking Seahawks. Five turnovers will sink almost any team, and sometimes we need a reminder that Manningface is still at large. Nothing was more fap-worthy last week than watching Buffalo receive a gift-wrapped win courtesy of DREAM TEAM. Fred Jackson should have a nice game against a suspect New York run defense (allowing 122 yards per game, 4.2 yard per carry, 6 rushing TDs) but how well they can pass protects is a bit of a question. This could be a sloppy game, lots of turnovers, short fields, and points on both sides. On a personal note, it seems like whenever I pick either of these teams, they lose. Since I'd rather see Buffalo win, I'll take the Giants here. Bills cover.

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh (-12.5) - Ugh. This will be a blowout, and not even the fun kind like STL/GB promises to be. Pittsburgh is back from the dead after a very efficient offensive game versus Tennessee. At home again this week, I expect them to hit on all cylinders without much push back from Jacksonville's defense. The Jags have been dead for weeks, as Blaine Gabbert's first semester in the pros continues to teach him all the fun things that go with being a starter for a terrible team, like being sacked and throwing incompletions. Sam Bradford v2.0? That line is pretty big though, maybe MoJoDrew rips off a couple of nice runs and they keep it relatively close. Steelers win, Jags cover.

Philadelphia at Washington (PK) -

Eagles win.

Houston at Baltimore (-7.5) - I just don't have the heart to go over the Derrick Mason plot line. He's an old, plodding possession receiver and I just don't care. Baltimore, being at home and coming off a bye, should be on top of their game. Houston, minus Andre Johnson, will not be. Houston's only hope is to get Arian Foster and the run game going, but against the Ravens defense, I just don't see it happening. As for the line, Houston has an above average defense, so it will be on Flacco and Rice to get a lead and keep pouring it on. I wouldn't bet on it. Ravens win, Texans cover.

Cleveland at Oakland (-7) - Oakland played their "win one for the sociopath" card last week, but how good are they really? Sure McFadden is a beast, they're 3-2 and only a game behind San Diego. But they're also giving up 26.6 points per game (28th in the league) and 422.4 yards per game (31st). How many shootouts do they want to get into with Jason Campbell under center? Cleveland has played well as a team statistically, but that has more to do with a soft schedule than actual improvement. With two of their best players (center Alex Mack, cornerback Joe Haden) likely on the shelf Sunday, and reports of an unhappy Hillis after his contract negotiations have turned ugly, they will need to play mistake-free football and a little luck to come out of Oakland with a win. It won't happen. Raiders win, Browns cover.

Dallas at New England (-7) - The bye week could not have come at a better time for Dallas. They're finally healthy, and Romo and company should feast on the Pats' league-worst pass defense. Also, last night my fiance and I watched Jerry Jones's 60 Minutes piece on DVR. It's a good one, Dimmy I especially recommend you take it in, you might not be consumed by hate. The only problem with this happy story is New England's offense, which is rolling up almost 500 yards per game. At home, they're almost unstoppable, and I don't see Ware and ten other warm bodies putting a significant dent in that equation. Take the over 55 bet for sure, but for our purposes I'll go with Pats win, 'Boys cover.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay (+4) - Tampa Bay, what happened last week? I'm going to forget it ever happened, because I feel like it. I still believe this is a playoff-caliber team when playing up to its potential. But with Blount out this week and Mike Williams sleepwalking through their early schedule, it remains to be seen if they can get their shit together in time for another run at 10 wins. The Saints are just so damn consistent it's annoying; great offense, adequate if unspectacular defense, lots of wins. Still, as the only home dogs this week, I like Tampa. Wait, what happened last week again? Saints win, Bucs cover.

Minnesota at Chicago (-2.5) - How much of a slap in the face is it when you don't get more than the requisite three points at home against the Vikings? Okay, maybe I shit on Minnesota a little too much last week, and I will have my share of crow for lunch, dinner, and with enough to wrap up and keep in the fridge. Peterson has good career numbers against Chicago, whose normally strong defense is giving up a surprising 5.7 yards per carry and 135.6 yards per game on the ground. But along with Philadelphia and Atlanta, Chicago is a 10+ win team a year ago currently with a losing record and in danger of getting left behind in the NFC playoff picture. Cutler was able to hang tough against the Detroit pass rush last week, and I think he can do the same at home here. Look for one of the Bears' underperforming wideouts to get going. Chicago wins and barely (bearly?) covers.

MON, OCT 17

Miami at NY Jets (-7) -
    http://mit.zenfs.com/217/2011/10/Gia...sh-Dolphin.jpg
    Jets win, Dolphins cover.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I never thought the worst team the Cowboys would play in the first 5 weeks would end up being the Jets, that loss is looking worse and worse.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    lmfao

are people really considering this a game of the week? or is this just more cowboys shit

maybe just homerism at play but i would think Lions/Niners is more interesting and good tests for both teams
    This is how talking heads are.

Do the Lions/49ers have Tom Brady? Tony Romo? No? who cares.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Yo, if Welker goes for over 100 yds, I won't post in next week's thread.
    Quoting this because it needs to be quoted every single page.

And it's funny how fast people are getting off the Matt Ryan/Falcons bandwagon. It's almost as fast as the fans who live in Atlanta. Almost.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Last Week: 9-4
    Overall: 57-20

San Francisco at Detroit
    St. Louis at Green Bay
    Carolina at Atlanta
    Indianapolis at Cincinnati
    Buffalo at NY Giants
    Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia at Washington
    Houston at Baltimore
    Cleveland at Oakland
    Dallas at New England
    New Orleans at Tampa Bay
    Minnesota at Chicago
    Miami at NY Jets

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Bitches still don't know how much the Fins own the Jets.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Dumb football fans.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Quoting this because it needs to be quoted every single page.

And it's funny how fast people are getting off the Matt Ryan/Falcons bandwagon. It's almost as fast as the fans who live in Atlanta. Almost.
    Weren't you one of those? Or were you just trolling moss?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Bitches still don't know how much the Fins own the Jets.
    you guys even have a QB for Sunday?

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    you guys even have a QB for Sunday?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast