Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 6: Just win baby.

SUN, OCT 16

San Francisco at Detroit - While we've talked much of the vaunted niners defense, we haven't talked much of the overhyped detroit defense. They get a great pass rush, but they suck in the secondary and they give up a shit done of yards on the ground. Frank Gore should have a really good outing here and help slow the game down. The Niners defense could take care of the rest. Somewhat of a trap game for Detroit, beware. Detroit wins close.

St. Louis at Green Bay - Not really a lot to be said here. Maybe Bradford can do what SHITTY MATT RYAN couldn't do, which is throw the ball against a terrible Packers pass defense. Not terrible, however, is the Green Bay rush defense. May not be a good game for SJAX, who figures to be a large part of the offense. Maybe with the bye week, Bradford can catch a little steam and have a good game, but not good enough to knock off the Packers. The journey to a Detroit/Green Bay undefeated showdown continues.

Carolina at Atlanta - In the Georgia Dome coming off a huge emotional loss to Green Bay, Atlanta meets up with Cam Newton. One thing playing into the favor of Atlanta is that Carolina has very little pass rush...but you know what...neither did Green Bay. Matt Ryan had all the time in the world to throw but managed less than 175 yards. You know who doesn't throw for 175 yards? CAM FUCKING NEWTON. Carolina wins.

Indianapolis at Cincinnati - So we've established that Dalton is a pretty solid QB. He'll get tested a bit with Freeney and Mathis getting in his grill all game long. A good running performance should keep them honest though. Jackie Battle ripped them up for over 100 yards, so expect a heavy dose of Cedric Benson and play action. Cinci wins.

Buffalo at NY Giants - A nice in-state out of conference battle here. Is Tuck out? If not, Fred Jackson may have himself yet another big game to go with all the other bug games this season. Nonetheless, I expect a nice rebound here from a talented NYG group. NYG knock off the Bills.

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh - A crippled Big Ben went and threw for 5 TDs against the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL last week, yet only one of those scores went to Wallace, which ultimately fucked me against Headspace. The Jacksonville run D is stout, so Mendenhall/Dwyer/Redman is probably not a good matchup here for fantasy owners. Expect Ben to have another big game in a Pitt route. Spread is pretty heft in this game. 14 points I think. Don't know if Pitt will cover, but they should win.

Philadelphia at Washington - Philly can ill-afford to drop to 1-5 with 2 divisional losses here. I don't expect Mike Vick to have one of the best games of all-time here, but he should do well. There's a lot of pressure to do well here, and I don't expect that defense to get shredded by anything in a Skins uniform. I like Philly in this game a lot.

Houston at Baltimore - Baltimore may be one of the last truly great defenses in the league. They're averaging, I think (correct me if I'm wrong), less than 15 points a tilt. Ravens have had more than a week to prepare for this game, so I expect the home team to handle themselves quite well. Baltimore wins.

Cleveland at Oakland - Lost in the week 5 thread was a post I made about how Oakland had only 10 men on the field for the final play in which they picked off Schaub. I don't know if this team is destined or if they even require some sort of divine intervention from the sports gods; they're good enough anyway.

Dallas at New England - Apparently Dallas is good enough to stop the New England offense. I'm told they have experience in containing great white WRs such as Danny Amendola, who I suppose was on pace to crush every NFL single season receiving record (what other reason would you compare him to Welker?). Well, I'm convinced. Welker will be contained, Dallas is allowing, iirc, less than 3 ypc for backs. So no running game for NE, no passing game for NE, Dallas should win this game going away. Or at least that's what I'm told.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - TB kinda sucks, no? They barely skirted by a Colts team that just isn't very good. By most accounts, New Orleans is a top 3 team in the league. Blount is likely out, and I don't expect Earnest Graham to carry enough of the work load and perform well enough to slow down Brees.

Minnesota at Chicago - Cutler played quite well last week considering he had 4 lineman in his face during every pass attempt. Why in the fuck aren't they getting Knox involved in that offense? Forte is carrying that team, and he isn't going to be able to sustain 50% of their total yards. Bears should win this one, but seriously, get your shit together Martz. Bring in some blocking tight ends or something, I know that goes against every grain of your philosophy, but god damn.

MON, OCT 17

Miami at NY Jets- Last season the Jets came off a huge loss to NE and Miami came in the following week and guess what, Jets lost as a home favorite. THe year before that? Jets lost at home to Miami. Year before that, Jets lost at home to Miami. Seeing the trend here? Sparano fucking owns the Meadowlands (or the Jets suck, probably both). Winless (0-4 or worse) are, get this shit, 22-3 ATS coming off a bye week. Holy fuck. Need anymore reasons for why your shitty team is going to lose this week Cel? Jets can't pass protect, they can't stop the run, daniel thomas is back, vontae davis is back, matt moore gets practice time...Dolphins win.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You're so cute Tyche. This is gonna be fun.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Dolphins get Andrew Luck this season and manage to get a member of the Jets coaching staff fired. This failure of a season may be the best since 08.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This Monday night's game will be the worst all season.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Dolphins get Andrew Luck this season and manage to get a member of the Jets coaching staff fired. This failure of a season may be the best since 08.
    Only game the Fins need to win is, next week's game against the Denver Tebows.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Lucks going to the Colts, don't fight it Tyche.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tyche is so salty.

Link me Tweek.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yo, if Welker goes for over 100 yds, I won't post in next week's thread.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm lazy, Tweek link me to turn over ratio stats for all the teams.

god damnit i just wrote this shit out and lost the txt from fucking locked thread.

it was a fucking bitch to find I don't know of any easy link that shows the stat (I looked).

BUF +11
    SF +10

Ravens and some other good teams had +7 (DET, GB) I don't remember if anyone had better than that or if more had +7 this was all I could remember. Niners just been playing safe and slowly opening up their playbook more and more each week so Smith can still have some confidence, putting him in as few possible positions to make mistakes.. anyways it's been the key to us having a chance in any of the games we've played cause we obviously have a lot of holes still.

The most lolworthy I remember was PIT and Philly being -10

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Found it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...TURNOVER_RATIO

Top 10 in Offense and top 5 in defense.

26th in turn overs = 2-2

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Awful game, mostly likely, but there's always entertainment value in watching Sanchez Sanchez it up.

Also, I had NFL network on as background noise for awhile, and Kurt Warner put Alex Smith in his top 5 QB list. Divide by zero, etc.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Lucks going to the Colts, don't fight it Tyche.
    Colts play the Falcons and Panthers, so that's at least two wins there.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Apparently Dallas is good enough to stop the New England offense. I'm told they have experience in containing great white WRs such as Danny Amendola, who I suppose was on pace to crush every NFL single season receiving record (what other reason would you compare him to Welker?). Well, I'm convinced. Welker will be contained, Dallas is allowing, iirc, less than 3 ypc for backs. So no running game for NE, no passing game for NE, Dallas should win this game going away. Or at least that's what I'm told.
    lmao gold.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Lol, Packers are favored by ...15.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Found it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...TURNOVER_RATIO

Top 10 in Offense and top 5 in defense.

26th in turn overs = 2-2
    nice.. i was staring at the defense side for like 3 hrs wondering why it wasn't there

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Watching curtis painter 2 weeks ago was pretty brutal...

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Yo, if Welker goes for over 100 yds, I won't post in next week's thread.
    Dont believe it

FUCK YOU

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Panthers @ Falcons will be the like the MOnday night game in which two terrible teams are playing each other, except in the Falcons/Panthers game, they'll actually score points.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post

Dont believe it
    i've actually yet to lose all my ludicrous bets. Ask demos and Deejay.

Unless you are implying I wouldn't keep up my end of the bargain. Nah, I would.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You play the Jets twice.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    You play the Jets twice.
    Touche

Closed Thread