An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The crash stuff is done? Added to the main page.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    The crash stuff is done? Added to the main page.

Yeah all fixed.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

EDIT: Wrong thread I think

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This has been bothering me for a bit, so I'm hoping spellcast can help me fix it. Accuracy seems relevant now(Legion aside), so I'm finding myself in situations where I'm not capped on accuracy.

One way to solve this problem is to make multiple sets with varying degrees of accuracy, but the problem I have with that is that I'll have to readjust every set every time I gain any new piece of gear. I'm wondering if there's something else spellcast can do for me.

At the moment, I know that spellcast can identify which piece of gear is currently equipped using [if equipmain="blahblah"]. My question is, is it possible to now use that equipment's name as a variable?

Basically, I want to dynamically change my tp set as I fight without manually adjusting my xml.

Say, I'm fighting Mob_A and my parser tells me I'm at 80% accuracy. I want to be able to open up my menu, switch out a few pieces of gear, then trigger spellcast to use what I currently have equipped as my new tp set. Is there any way for me to do that?

I imagine if it was possible, it would look something like this

Code:
    <if spell="some_absurd_spell_a_melee_would_never_use">
         <var cmd="set tphead (current_head)"/>
         <var cmd="set tpneck (current_neck)"/>
         <var cmd="set tplear (current_lear)"/>
         <var cmd="set tprear (current_rear)"/>
    </if>
    Then have your tp set as:

Code:
    <set name="tp">
    	<head>$tphead</head>
    	<neck>$tpneck</neck>
    	<lear>$tplear</lear>
    	<rear>$tprear</rear>
    </set>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quick question, I'm using one of the xml's from the first page (edited, of course), and I haven't bothered going into complexity.

My question is: Can I set my THF xml to use a conditional rule, by zone, before checking status (eg engaged)?
    I'd like to set the auto equip TH when engaged to only occur when I'm in dynamis or something, to avoid useless moments like reives, for example.

This, for reference, is current code:
    Code:
    <if status="engaged">
                            <equip when="engaged" set="TH" />
                    </if>
    I'm assuming you could do something on top of it that says "if zone="dynamis*|abyssea*"? Let me know.

Admittedly I have no idea how to write a spellcast script. I've looked through some of these spellcasts and I was wondering if there is a rule that would be possible to add into a THF spellcast. If I put gear into Sneak attack and trick attack that seems to override my WS stuff as well...What I would like to do, if possible, is have a WS set for TA Mercy stroke, SA Mercy Stroke, and Mercy stroke without SA/TA. Is that kind of thing possible?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Forsakengriever View Post
    Admittedly I have no idea how to write a spellcast script. I've looked through some of these spellcasts and I was wondering if there is a rule that would be possible to add into a THF spellcast. If I put gear into Sneak attack and trick attack that seems to override my WS stuff as well...What I would like to do, if possible, is have a WS set for TA Mercy stroke, SA Mercy Stroke, and Mercy stroke without SA/TA. Is that kind of thing possible?
    Yes. Check elvaanmoq's for example, but. What you have to do is make a set (let's call is SA-MS), then include in this set the changes you'd make to your WS set for MS. To accomplish this, you add base="wssetnamehere" to your set.
    Once you accomplish this, establish a rule that says if buffactive=SA when using MS, precast set SA-MS. Same for TA. I can't write the code for it atm, but as I said, check elvaanmoq's thf xml.

anyone have a RUN spellcast, can't seem to find one anywhere

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

DRK is up and running. I haven't finished all my gear sets but people can fill in the blanks.

http://pastebin.com/e0ULnA3z

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've added several entries under a new revision of my xmls, r4 (revision 4). These implement the idea that was brought up several months ago, related to using more groups for separation of set types, while limiting the impact of inherited, area-based groups. The purpose is to reduce the amount of lag caused by my xmls, while also making them a bit more logically organized (ie: easier to find stuff you want to edit). From my personal use, the amount of lag has gone down a fair bit. Hopefully I'll get some feedback on how much it helps others, as well.

As far as use goes, macro-wise, they work exactly the same way as their r3 counterparts, so there's nothing you have to change game-side if you've already been using my r3's. I've done a fair bit of testing on dnc, thf, whm, and mnk; blm, brd and sch were also converted, as those 7 represent the most downloaded of my xmls, and whm and sch being the most laggy (though dnc had some issues as well).

The main caveat is that they won't work in sync with the r3 include files. It works fine on my system since I keep everything in Mercurial (a version control system), and I can change out all the files at once by switching between branches with a couple clicks. For those who don't, you probably want to modify the names of the include files, and adjust the relevant r4 xmls' include entries to point to that new filename. For example, "Mote-Rules-Include-r4.xml" instead of "Mote-Rules-Include.xml". I may see about making that a default change, later.

In any case, if anyone wants to play guinea pig, let me know how they work out for you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I guess the only way to equip af2+2 hands for SMN BP when I know it will be Magic Bursted and Nares or Spurrina when I know it wont would be to make a manual macro of gear swap that I would need to hit while avatar is reading the BP?

Is there a spellcast xml I can run that causes me to cast pollen over and over, then rest when MP is low?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Davricle View Post
    Is there a spellcast xml I can run that causes me to cast pollen over and over, then rest when MP is low?
    google "ffxi skill up script"

literally the first link, enjoy

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

sorry wrong topic!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I can't get Repose to work with Motenten whm r4 xml... I have tried

<elseif Skill="ElementalMagic">
    <equip when="Midcast" setgroup="$GroupArea-Magic" set="Nuke-Int" />
    </elseif>
    <elseif Skill="EnfeeblingMagic">
    <equip when="Midcast" setgroup="$GroupArea-Magic" set="Enf-Int" />

<if Spell="Sleep*|Rep*|Bind|Gravity|Repose">
    <equip when="Midcast" setgroup="BasicMagic" set="FastRecast">
    <ammo>Sturm's report</ammo>
    <head>Hyksos Khat</head>
    <body>Hlr. briault +1</body>
    <hands>clr. mitts +2</hands>
    <lring>Tamas Ring</lring>
    <rring>Angha Ring</rring>
    <back>Chela Cape</back>
    <waist>Pythia Sash +1</waist>
    <legs>Sagacity lappas</legs>
    <feet>Goliard clogs</feet>
    <sub>Macero grip</sub>
    <neck>enfeebling torque</neck>
    <rear>incbus earring +1</rear>
    <lear>moonshade earring</lear>
    </equip>
    </if>
    </elseif>

I have tried

<elseif Skill="EnfeeblingMagic">
    <equip when="Midcast" setgroup="$GroupArea-Magic" set="enf-mnd" />

<if Spell="Silence|Repose">
    <equip when="Midcast">
    <ammo>Sturm's report</ammo>
    <head>Hyksos Khat</head>
    <body>Hlr. briault +1</body>
    <lring>Tamas Ring</lring>
    <rring>Angha Ring</rring>
    <back>Chela Cape</back>
    <waist>Pythia Sash +1</waist>
    <legs>Sagacity lappas</legs>
    <feet>Goliard clogs</feet>
    <sub>Macero grip</sub>
    <neck>enfeebling torque</neck>
    <rear>incbus earring +1</rear>
    <lear>moonshade earring</lear>
    </equip>
    </if>
    <else>
    <equip when="Midcast">
    </equip>
    </else>
    </elseif>

and I tried to make it's own rules under the rules for Regen*

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Repose is Divine Magic.

You're right that it's missing, though. Need to fix that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have a few working Spellcast up for respective jobs:

http://pastebin.com/u/bwool40

All are worked around the same code which makes making macros super easy. Thanks to everyone that contributed!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    I've added several entries under a new revision of my xmls, r4 (revision 4). These implement the idea that was brought up several months ago, related to using more groups for separation of set types, while limiting the impact of inherited, area-based groups. The purpose is to reduce the amount of lag caused by my xmls, while also making them a bit more logically organized (ie: easier to find stuff you want to edit). From my personal use, the amount of lag has gone down a fair bit. Hopefully I'll get some feedback on how much it helps others, as well.

As far as use goes, macro-wise, they work exactly the same way as their r3 counterparts, so there's nothing you have to change game-side if you've already been using my r3's. I've done a fair bit of testing on dnc, thf, whm, and mnk; blm, brd and sch were also converted, as those 7 represent the most downloaded of my xmls, and whm and sch being the most laggy (though dnc had some issues as well).

The main caveat is that they won't work in sync with the r3 include files. It works fine on my system since I keep everything in Mercurial (a version control system), and I can change out all the files at once by switching between branches with a couple clicks. For those who don't, you probably want to modify the names of the include files, and adjust the relevant r4 xmls' include entries to point to that new filename. For example, "Mote-Rules-Include-r4.xml" instead of "Mote-Rules-Include.xml". I may see about making that a default change, later.

In any case, if anyone wants to play guinea pig, let me know how they work out for you.
    I downloaded your SCH xml and made all my gear swaps, problem is when I went to load it I got XML parsing, document failed to load error. I figure from what I've read I need some includes but am not sure which I should use and where I need to put them within the spellcast folder? Instruction would be helpful plz.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir