An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Can you make a pastebin account and host them on that? It lets makes it so that, when the update does come out, you can update the file without me editing the main page. It also gives you a space to leave those instructions.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's updated. From now on, any changes you make will automatically reflect within the link, so all you have to do is post "Update, version blah.blahblah" and you're good to go. Do you still want me to link to the old guide or is that all settled?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Can unlink the old one, might repost a 2nd separate version depending on how the misers roll change takes on, otherwise will just edit. (Feel free to clear up clutter posts like this one too if you want )

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you want to make separate notes for anything, you can just place it on Pastebin as a separate file (And name it "Notes for COR XML" or w/e). Since I linked to your profile, people will see whatever you put up.

I know there are a couple of BLU xml up and I have looked over them, however they seem like more than I need. Wanted to ask if anyone else had any BLU xml they want to share. Wouldn't mind some new ideas for mine.

Thank you for your time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added Motenten's Bard XML.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Brushed off my rdm xml and updated it; added to pastebin. Doesn't have anything much melee-side (I have no inventory space to even try to melee), but should be pretty good for the mage side.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added Mote's RDM.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow... I saw that there has been no BST script uploaded and I thought to upload mine... but its so inelegant and lacking in sophistication compared to all other scripts up here... makes me feel like I should do a major overhaul...

I'm pretty sure I'm doing stuff for bst that other scripts are just not doing, such and get swaps for ready moves and aliases for jug selection & call beast.

However, I don't understand some the design choices in the templates and scripts posted here. First, why Different groups of sets for inside vs outside abyssea? Are you really finding that big of a difference for acc? Is it crit+ gear vs ACC gear? I haven't seen much need to distinguish.

Also, why do some sets (mokuten's mnk for example) have multiple sets which seem to be for the same thing? for example: WS-Asuran Fists-Acc1 and WS-Asuran Fists-Acc2 ?

I'm sure I'll have to install them and test them out to get a good understanding. However some high-level explanation of the design choices would be greatly appreciated.
    I think I'm using one of Yugl's old versions for my blu. I'll try the new one and piece together some things. Mokuten's mnk script is... very nicely done, but probably the most confusing to follow from the examples I've looked at so far... variables.. adjusting which gear sets ... very elegant. but really a pain to follow the logic.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Typically, it's critical hit rate/dmg gear that changes. There's also changes based on fSTR/stat modifiers (Since you have high base damage in abyssea). Post your XML if you want; sophistication isn't the purpose of this thread. Functioning XMLs is.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, why do some sets (mokuten's mnk for example) have multiple sets which seem to be for the same thing? for example: WS-Asuran Fists-Acc1 and WS-Asuran Fists-Acc2 ?
    Ugh. That's an old one. I need to upload the latest mnk revision.

However, to answer the question in general, it's because there are different general states that the player can be in, depending on what they're fighting. Acc1 vs Acc2 (or LightAcc vs HeavyAcc in the new version) means you have a target that is moderately to highly evasive, and you may want to swap out gear based on that need.

The gear in each set isn't always excessively meaningful, however; for Asuran Fists, most gear for it is going to focus mainly on acc/att anyway, so there's not much headroom to improve on acc at the higher tiers. Something like Smite, which focuses primarily on str, may have more options to swap to acc as needed.

As for the different groups (Abyssea/Campaign/Voidwatch), aside from what Yugl said, I very rarely need to modify gear in those different situations. However "rarely" is not the same as "never", and this provides a very easy framework to do so when it's needed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thank you for the quick responses. I was able to review some the xml more and the include files which clarrified a few points. I'll go ahead and paste my bst xml. I'm hoping I'll be able to update this more over the next few days to include alot of the ideas here.

Okay, here is my xml... which is more bastardized than I remembered.... ack this is a bit embarrassing really..
    The include xml I stole outright from an old blu one (pretty sure it Yugl's) only because my cancel rule for spectral jig was failing, but this one worked (and it was a quick fix).

http://pastebin.com/hvAtijMy - BST v0.1
    http://pastebin.com/SFamcUgA - stolen include file...
    http://pastebin.com/QEz2wcWx - aliases for petfood/ broths

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm going to link to your profile so any updates (or complete removal of files) won't break the link. BST and include posted. I'll add an alias and resources section soon.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I updated to a v0.2
    http://pastebin.com/9waYKfiP

I refitted almost all the functionality in to Yugl's template.
    Its using Yugl's Include file still. There are a few things I want to add for pet moves still.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm almost to what I would consider a completed version of the bst xml

0.8 is posted. Once I setup the pet-pdt vs player pdt type armor rules I think I'll call it complete, even though I'll probably want to tweak tp sets.

I did a big update to the pet aliases txt. I added 4x Variables for ready moves. I figure just bind the class-specific spells from Yugl's template (netherspikes, diaga5, etc) to a key or use macros and they will switch to whichever pet you last called.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added a picture of how to configure Notepad++ font and background color.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The picture isn't showing up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server