BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Spellcast Shop Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Special note: I've made a complete overhaul of my fast cast code in my mage jobs. This revision affects all mage jobs, and is based on the includes, so if you update any mage job xml, you'll want to update all of them at the same time.

The new fast cast code allows you to select tiers of fast cast gear, so as to use an appropriate amount to get all spells casting at about the same speed (whatever you find comfortable for your system; the current default is ~0.9 seconds, and is easy to weak for ~1.0 seconds; for different minimum cast speed values, you'll need to adjust it yourself). If the spell's final cast speed will inevitably fall below a certain threshold, it won't precast in fast cast gear, but instead cast in standard casting gear (eg: tier 1 nukes, bar-spells, etc).

Fast cast gear sets are broken up by spell type so that you can include custom gear (eg: Heka body for cure cast speed, Sha'ir Manteel for song cast speed, etc), tiered for various speeds of spell casting time, and grouped by subjob (generally only relevant for /rdm vs everything else).

As always, if you find problems in the implementation, let me know.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Moved help questions to the Spellcast Help thread. In the future, make sure to use that thread.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A note on my spellcasts: I made another revision to the entire fastcast issue (mentioned a couple posts above this one), improving it considerably. Once again it will require a complete replacement of rules/config/jobs, though the changes aren't as significant as before. It still defines fast cast tiers, but it does so only relative to the gear you include, and doesn't need to include job traits. This means there doesn't need to be a separation between /rdm and non-/rdm fast cast sets, for example.

Testing has shown that it works much better than before. It also accounts for a few things that the previous version didn't, such as Ionis fast cast and Run's merited fast cast enhancement.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Does anybody have an awesome GEO spellcast? Something similar to Motes stuff would be awesome!

Any essential spellcast tweaks for BST/DNC? I used one that auto-cancels Sneak when I cast Spectral Jig and it's been invaluable. Anything else as useful as that?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Screwed up this was for GearSwap.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cirosan View Post
    Any essential spellcast tweaks for BST/DNC? I used one that auto-cancels Sneak when I cast Spectral Jig and it's been invaluable. Anything else as useful as that?
    Probably some gear-specific precasts such as this I use to increase my step accuracy when I'm Rng/Dnc.

Code:
    sets.precast.Step = {ear2="Choreia Earring"}

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Updated.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eastaran View Post
    Does anybody have an awesome GEO spellcast? Something similar to Motes stuff would be awesome!
    seconded, this would be much appreciated

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm fairly new to spellcast and I have been editing other peoples spellcasts to suit my own needs. The one thing i don't fully understand yet and want to start using is trigger spells. With trigger spells i can lock different tp sets such as low/mid/high acc and hybrid DT/TP sets without having to create several different groups? I was wondering if there is any info on this anywhere or there is a good XML anyone can point out to me to use as a guideline. Thanks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Honestly, I would stick to GS now. GS is much faster/cleaner and more likely to receive updates/maintenance than SC.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

BST GearSwap

I understand that people want us to move to GS over SC, but I am not very good at the transferring coding from my spellcast to gearswap. I'm a BST and would love to switch to GS if someone can direct me to a BST gearswap template of sorts.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Code:
    <if Spell="autoset">
            <action type="Command" when="Aftercast">input /ws "Dancing Chains"</action>
            <cancelspell />
    </if>

<if Spell="Dancing Chains">
        <if status="idle">
            <equip when="precast" set="Swag" />
            <action type="Command">input /lockstyle on</action>
            <action type="Command">wait 0.5; input /ws "Vulcan Shot"</action>
            <cancelspell />
            <return />
        </if>
        <elseif status="resting">
            <equip set="Rest" />
            <cancelspell />
            <return />
        </elseif>
        <elseif status="engaged">
            <equip set="TP" />
            <cancelspell />
            <return />
        </elseif>
    </if>

<if Spell="Vulcan Shot">
            <equip set="Idle" />
            <cancelspell />
    </if>

The lockstyle message won't repeat itself unless you broke lockstyle by changing weapon, but this will otherwise work even for staff changes and whatnot if you can deal with the extra line of spam.