An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The trick would be to balance them since groups act like sets (Somewhat heavier since the results was ~18fps with 40 groups as opposed to the ~20 fps with 40 sets). Any piped sets would need the same group. So what can we make?

Idle (only if you duplicate sets)
    * Armor
    * Idle modifications
    * Movement
    TP
    * TP Modification
    * Armor
    * Movement
    Magic (May be a good idea to split by type or skill so you can use Group="%Skill")
    Precast JAs (Non-offensive ones since stuff like Jump may vary by event)
    WS

Events:
    Abyssea
    Salvage
    VW
    Campaign
    Legion

This would be 25 groups? We can remove at least Salvage and Campaign to use three events. Remove Precast JA+Magic from remaining events to reduce to nine additional groups. This means 14 groups total. Kind of rough. Should remove Idle group imo since few classes use modified idles (ex: SMN).

2 Groups/Event
    4 Groups/NQ

With NQ+3 events, you use half the groups previously stated.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok, constructions....

Code:
    ~~ Constant groups; nothing varies by Area ~~

[Idle group] -- simple aftercast stuff
      [idle sets]
      [resting sets]
      [PDT/MDT armor sets]
      [movement]
      [convert (for max hp/mp)]
      [per-job stuff; eg: Sublimation for sch, etc]

[JA group]
      [enhance JAs]
      [puppet maneuvers]
      [waltzes/sambas]

[Basic magic]
      [Fast cast]
      [Cures]
      [Enhancing magic]
      [self-buff Ninjutsu]

~~ Variable groups; may have additional Area specializations ~~

[melee group]
      [tp sets]
      [per-job stuff; eg: Impetus for mnk, etc]

[JA offense group]
      [weaponskills]
      [jumps]
      [steps]

[magic offense]
      [enfeebles]
      [nukes]
      [elemental/enfeebling ninjutsu]

That would be 3 constant groups, and an additional 3 groups per Area. So, a default of 6 groups, 9 if you add Abyssea, 12 if you add Legion, 15 if you add Voidwatch. Of course most of the time you don't actually want to add a new area, you really just want to modify which TP set (Berserk up/down, max accuracy, etc), or which magic accuracy set is being used. I expect most people will only need the 6 default groups.

The only Area variance I can think of for the Idle group would be something like Balrahn's Ring, for refresh in Assault/Salvage. However that can as easily be done with a variable in the ring equip slot, without requiring an entire additional group.

Not quite sure how you'd want to split up blue magic.

The next trick is how to make it work. A simple massive pipe like my $CurrentSet variable doesn't work, because sets are spread out across groups. However I think it can reasonably be split into segments.

First the base layer; engaged or idle will determine which group to use. Then the various armor-type sets pulled from the Idle group.

<equip when="aftercast" group="$BaseGroup" set="$BaseLayer|$JobUnique" />
    <equip when="aftercast" group="IdleGroup" set="$JobUnique|$PhysicalDefense|$MagicalDefense|$ Movement" />

And then precast/midcast can be specified by the type of action being used.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

As a note, all the var reduction work has been pushed to the rev 3 xmls on pastebin. If the group split thing works out, will probably move to rev 4 for that (or get rid of the version revision entirely, and purge the older versions from pastebin).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Experimental group revisions.

Test job: whm
    Test files:
    whm - http://pastebin.com/hvh1Ennr
    Mote-Config-Include - http://pastebin.com/65PdAA0r
    Mote-Rules-Include - http://pastebin.com/NKA0uXin

Tested FPS using various spells.

Results for Cure IV with <stal>:
    Original: 26.0 - 26.2
    Revised (delayed aftercast): 25.8 - 26.6

Results for Regen IV with <stpc>:
    Original: 25.5 - 26.3
    Revised (delayed aftercast): 26.0 - 26.3

Results for Barfira with <me>:
    Original: 25.7 - 26.7
    Revised (delayed aftercast): 26.4 - 26.7

In general, it doesn't seem to be any -faster-, but at the same time, it seems to always stay around the fastest response time of the original, while the original occasionally dropped much lower.

Anyone willing to test, particularly those who had significant lag problems, please let me know what results you see.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Should probably note, for anyone testing: While you can back up your own versions and copy these in in their place, you don't want to use "sc r" to reload spellcast. Because of the change in the group names, Spellcast throws a fit. Instead, unload Spellcast and then load it again. After that, you can do a normal reload as long as you stay in whm. If you change to another job, though, you'll need to unload/load again (along with copying the old includes back over).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Minor FYI for updated versions of my xmls:

Nin and Dnc now have sets set aside for high haste situations (Haste plus Embrava/Marches, and possibly plus Haste Samba), so you can define those separately from regular gear.

All xmls now have available Offense and Defense modes defined per xml, which limits the number of options you have to cycle through, and lets you define sets for only exactly the modes you define, so you don't need extra wildcard sets to trap for 'other stuff'. You can of course tweak which modes you want to deal with. Both Offense and Defense now have a Custom mode available, which may be useful for things like bst pet configs.

If you update any job xmls, make sure to also update your include files.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also a note that I haven't gotten any feedback on the effects on lag from the experimental whm split groups xml. Until people with varying system levels try it out and report on the effects, progress is at a stand-still.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Anyone happen to know of a BRD spellcast that a precast for songs and all that jazz, but doesn't require includes? I never seem to get includes to function properly, and the other option listed is pretty barren.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can move all the rules/variables/etc from the include and put them into the main xml file, if you want...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Anyone happen to know of a BRD spellcast that a precast for songs and all that jazz, but doesn't require includes? I never seem to get includes to function properly, and the other option listed is pretty barren.
    I can send you mine when I get home from work. It has all the basic stuff - precast in -cast, midcast in +duration, motenten's check for pianissimo, no precast if nightingale is up etc etc.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Discussion on the official forum about blinking characters reminded me of an annoyance with using <stal> as an alternative: You often don't actually want <stal> behavior, but rather <stpt> behavior, but you also don't want to be prevented from moving across the entire alliance list just because you wrote your macros with <stpt>.

So I added an extra config option to my XMLs. The following commands modify the config value:

/ma CastingMode Cycle(STAL)
    /ma CastingMode SetTarget(STAL)
    /ma CastingMode SetTarget(STPT)
    /ma CastingMode SetTarget(STPC)

The first cycles through stal, stpt and stpc. The others set the value directly. Then add this include:

Code:
            <xi:include href="Mote-Rules-Include.xml" xpointer="//include[@name='ConvertSTALTargets']/*" />
    This needs to go before the ReturnRules include.

Now if the STALMode variable ('Targetting Type') is set to 'stal', it won't do anything. However if it's set to 'stpt' or 'stpc', it will change all <stal> targets to <stpt> or <stpc>, respectively (note: it won't have any effect on macros written with <stpt> or <stpc>). This is restricted to white magic spells for now; I don't think there are any non-white magic spells that can use <stal> anyway.

Now you can write your macros with <stal>, but turn off the alliance targetting if you don't want to deal with it, or change it to <stpc> if you want F-key or outside party/alliance targetting.

I've also added the toggle command as a default job-specific bind to Alt-` (the key to the left of 1, with the tilde on it) for sch and whm.

If you update, make sure to get both the Config-Include and Rules-Include, along with the job xml.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Does anyone have a spellcast for SAM that has rules based upon having yoichi equipped or not, I looked through the ones already posted as examples but I do not think I found what it is I was looking for

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Looking for a Yoichi ranger xml that takes into account snapshot. I tried working with the only xml available on the first page of the thread but it doesn't have this built in, and when I try and write the code in myself it just all falls apart.

Also, I understand I can write a macro that includes snapshot at preshot stage and then swap in STP gear midshot in windower text file format, but when I am spamming the ranged attack macro it will always stay in the preshot gear when the arrow fires. Does spellcast act in a similar way if a macro is spammed?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You would because spamming the macro mean initiating the precast again.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

same as night, looking for a rng xml (currently browsing pastebin but not having too much luck) with rules for yoichi and anni

nothing too overly complicated but i'm getting to the point that I'll learn whatever I have to if it gets me a functioning one.

Fairly new to windower and SC.
    I use a simple Blm and Blu.
    Looking for either an additional Blu for CW only or one with CW burning included. Any pointers (please keep it simple).
    Thanks in advance.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Anyone know where I can get a spellcast for WAR that equips MDT gear when the mobs casting spell?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Spellcast won't do that for you and neither will AE. You need a bot to do that. We do not publicly distribute bots here.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Spellcast and windower can't do that. You would need another third party program. I do not know anyone who has bothered to set up their account like that, so I cannot help you.

New Merits
    BG Level

Anyone have a good FASTCAST spellcast scrypt for all jobs?

With all Fastcast gear , Cure spellcasting, Enhancing spellcasting, Elemental , song , blue mage , Tom Staves

IE: My Blm use Fastcast, Curespellcast, Elementalspellcast , enhancingspellcast ( belt )

This is an example of what i'm using right now , but i need to update it. I was thinking make 1 rule for all jobs , instead 1 rule for every jobs but dunno :E
    http://pastebin.com/gfBzhgKQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast