An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added section for custom alias and resources. For resources, my concern is that it's not easy to just link to everyone since that would require the person to have knowledge about resources (Not just finding and opening the file, but finding specific lines to change around). Should we have a single file for each type of resource? Perhaps a public BG pastebin username for that?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Has anyone got a simple-ish WAR XML they could share? I see the 2 at the beginning but they abit much for my little head to get around. Thanks

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What are you looking for in it?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    What are you looking for in it?
    TP sets for inside and outside of aby and WS sets for Restraint up and down I guess would be a good basic xml.

How to trigger options for for PDT and MDT sets?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    TP sets for inside and outside of aby and WS sets for Restraint up and down I guess would be a good basic xml.

How to trigger options for for PDT and MDT sets?
    Sent a PM.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I made a simplified spellcast designed for beginners that want to learn the scripting language:
    http://pastebin.com/nF7LDaSx

The code is pretty well commented (in my opinion). It only uses two variables (that I remember, anyway). Obviously simplicity removes some functionality (no Abyssea vs. outside sets, for instance), but I think it's easy to follow and should let people learn a little more on their own.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Add your DNC XML to that account so I can link both with the same link please.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would, but I ran into an error in my DNC xml this morning that I can't replicate.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@Byrth:

Those variables you stuck in the config section, if I remember correctly, they were made obsolete around version 2.1 or earlier. No idea if they even still work, but they shouldn't be getting used in a tutorial xml.

You're using <actions>, which were deprecated around 2.20 or 2.30, I think. Should be using the proper fully named tags.

_Set and a_Htype are poorly named variables, even more so for a tutorial script. There is no intrinsic meaning in the name, nor explanation for why you're using leading underscore (only used in basic C) or pseudo-hungarian notation (Microsoft stopped trying to push that notation almost a decade ago, now).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I updated it with the requested changes. It works fine either way, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've seen a few mentions of some Ranger XMLs, however I'm not seeing any listed in the "master list" posted on page 1, post 1. Considering my trust here, I was hoping for some quality RNG XMLs that are being used with some sort of an autofire mechanism. Any help appreciated.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I recall one having that feature within the Spellcast help thread, but that was from windower I think? You could try there directly and see.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Uhm, posting my SCH xml here, hopefully it works fine for everybody and stuff :3

http://pastebin.com/3JfUAFZm

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added Anns's SCH XML.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wasn't sure where to put this. Line 586 in Mote's NIN R3 read's like this

Code:
    <xi:include href="Mote-Include v3.xml" xpointer="//include[@name='HandleEquippingGear']/*" />
    The rest of the file has the include as "Mote-Include.xml", in case anyone was having trouble.

Thanks for the XML's Mote!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bleh. That was a mistake from some copy/paste that used v3.xml instead of r3.xml, so didn't get removed when I did a search/replace. Fixed that one, as well as sam/thf/cor/pup.

Also, if you want to update the list in the second post, Yugl, I've got cor/nin/pup/sch xmls that aren't noted (though I'm hesitant to suggest the pup/cor xmls as 'complete').

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    I've seen a few mentions of some Ranger XMLs, however I'm not seeing any listed in the "master list" posted on page 1, post 1. Considering my trust here, I was hoping for some quality RNG XMLs that are being used with some sort of an autofire mechanism. Any help appreciated.
    Now seeing a lot of reasons why this feature is not so hot. Thanks for the posted RNG xmls though in the overall link in the first post.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Care to share?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

difficulties in timing weaponskills without interrupts seems to be the biggest complaint. So it seems to me that its a trade off- learn to time your shots perfectly without an "auto fire" script to avoid this, or use such a script and hope for the best when firing your weaponskills.

Again, I haven't taken the time to delve into .xml scripting that I really should (it really interests me). 3 kids, full time job, 6 private music lesson students a week and 6-10pm classes 3 days a week doesn't exactly leave the time I'd like for that atm, so I don't know if there is a way around that complaint.

As always, I'm open for any and all tutelage on RNG spellcast. I know this isn't the thread for such questions, so I'll gladly move over after this or move to PMs as suggested. My mage jobs I feel comfortable with my extended macros and the system I use (I'm probably not getting the most out of them I know), but in particular with pre-shot and mid-shot gear swaps, along with unlimited shot ammo swaps I want to get the full benefit of spellcast.

*edit* delete me please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast