1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So, experienced person makes a new char on a new server, using their familiarity with the game "dominates" certain aspects of the economy.....

Questions: new players don't have any gil so who's gil are they taking? what are they going to spend it on? what's the fucking point when there's virtually no competition for resources in the game as it is?

Seriously, what can you do on a new server that you can't accomplish now other than run around with a bit less lag? There's no Faf, no behe, no Tiamat, wtf is there to do?

I'm not even sure really, best I can come up with is dominating GC prov/supply trade in/

My opinion, with how difficult it is to PUG content already (without forming a semi static of people you'll do content with) and the win/success rate of said PUGs, I wouldn't want to start brand new with only other new people. You'd have the added aspect of being able to learn fights together, but if you're a good player learning the fights doesn't really take long anyway.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

There will be a large influx of new players at 2.0, whether old returning ones or new ones trying it out. I think most would enjoy starting over together and being able to level and do things together whereas the population currently is full of people at max levels. If it was a bad idea, I doubt the company itself would be creating new servers and not allowing current diehards to transfer.

The same company that released the game as it was?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    it would be similar to Asura/Hades in the early days.
    nitpick but wouldn't it b Remora & Hades? p. sure Asura was an original server

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Or you could just wait for 2.0 where you can start fresh on a new server away from the diehards that have all jobs at 50 with maxed gil/crafts/retainer spots and relics and their other doodads.
    I already have a character and gear/loot/money, but I'm going to do this. I want a fresh start for what I hope will be a fresh game.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll probably start a new toon also, if alot of folks are in the same boat.

Maybe find a nice server to BG it up on.
    could be fun ^^

I'm gonna transfer to terrorize rocl

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm gonna transfer to terrorize rocl
    valid

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I already have a character and gear/loot/money, but I'm going to do this. I want a fresh start for what I hope will be a fresh game.
    I've been toying with the idea, I have some one time code items like asuran armbands but I guess that isn't useful lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I've been toying with the idea, I have some one time code items like asuran armbands but I guess that isn't useful lol.
    Those items are going to be on any new character you make if you use the same account.*

*This apparently doesn't apply to Hermes Shoes if you've cancelled your FFXI account.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I completely forgot that I have those too.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Those items are going to be on any new character you make if you use the same account.*

*This apparently doesn't apply to Hermes Shoes if you've cancelled your FFXI account.
    Ah cool then, FFXI will never be cancelled so I'm good!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol..
    i got my legacy status just before it ended but still don't feel the urge to play, which is a bit worrying..
    i think this is partly due to lack of direction in the game and noone to play with.

but at the same time I want to start from scratch at 2.0, to experience the whole process.. and i wanna be a sexy man'qote. i've always popped back in every few months to see whats changed, so in some ways the current UI/gameplay overhauls don't feel that drastic to me. I'm hoping 2.0 will have a shift so big and so good that it works and i don't recognize it. The UI will probably help in a big way.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Gonna hold out till 2.0. Still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Thats not from the game lol.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
    Thats not from the game lol.
    </3