• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

NFL Week 7: Palmers, Tebows, and Ponders, Oh my! (And John Beck too)

Last Week: 8-5
    Overall: 59-31

Denver at Miami - Tim Tebow couldn't ask for a better place to play his first game since the Denver Broncos made him their starting quarterback. It's unlikely he could find a more welcoming visiting crowd either. Returning to Sun Life Stadium, on a night they are honoring the 2009 Gators for their BCS national championship, Tebow and the Denver Broncos visit the winless Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Off to its worst start since 1999, Denver (1-4) can't get any worse with Tebow at the helm... or can they?
    http://exchristian.net/exchristian/u...%29-708272.JPG

Houston at Tennessee - The AFC South looks like a two-team race, although both the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans have plenty to improve upon as they chase the division title. They'll battle for the South lead Sunday in Nashville, with each team looking to bounce back from a tough loss. Houston (3-3) fell 29-14 in Baltimore last week to give idle Tennessee (3-2) the division lead, though the Titans are coming off an embarrassing 38-17 defeat at Pittsburgh. CJ1k has yet to "earn" that big contract that he held out for. This would be the perfect week for him to start against the 13th ranked rush defense and division rival in the Texans who are without DE Mario Williams.

Chicago at Tampa Bay - Freeman passed for a season-high 303 yards and two touchdowns in a 26-20 win over New Orleans last Sunday. Tampa Bay (4-2) bounced back from a 48-3 defeat in San Francisco to move into a first-place tie in the NFC South with the Saints. Tampa Bay comes off streaky to me and if the pattern continues, this is the week they get blown out. Can Forte do to Tampa what Gore did 2 weeks ago? You bet your ass he can. Hopefully Mike Martz got the memo and can protect Cutler this week. If he can't, "FUCK HIM!"

Atlanta at Detroit - All eyes will be on Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz when his team's next game ends. The Lions' fiery leader just hopes that everyone is watching his postgame handshake with Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith following a Detroit victory. The Lions look to rebound from their first loss of the season Sunday at Ford Field, where the Falcons will likely give running back Michael Turner plenty of chances to deliver the team's first set of back-to-back wins in 2011. I think they fall short though and Detroit bounces back after a tough loss and a back slap last week.
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_...ke-575x278.jpg

Seattle at Cleveland - The Seattle Seahawks have started to get their offense in gear, and it could be up to backup quarterback Charlie Whitehurst to keep that going. The Cleveland Browns' offense got off track last week, and the team is looking for starter Colt McCoy to do something to change that. If Tarvaris Jackson is unavailable due to injury, Whitehurst will try to guide the well-rested Seahawks to rare back-to-back road wins Sunday when McCoy and the Browns look to avoid a third consecutive loss. Hillis became such a distraction that Cleveland put him on the trading block to see if they could move him before the deadline. He wants a new contract but the Browns aren't budging which has Hillis sitting out games due to sinuses and papercuts. Oh well, he was due to get hurt this year anyway. Madden Curse!

San Diego at New York Jets - For being on the brink of their best start in nine years, the San Diego Chargers don't seem to share the excitement normally reserved for a 4-1 team. A road victory against the New York Jets and former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson may change their attitude. San Diego comes off its bye week seeking a fourth straight victory Sunday when it takes on New York, winner of six of its last seven at home. The Chargers haven't won five of their first six games since 2002. The Jets offense is absolutely atrocious but they say defense wins championships... which Rex Ryan was suppose to deliver the last two years. Afterall, he would have had a couple rings if A.J. Smith gave him the head coaching job instead of Norv...

Washington at Carolina - Despite being a half-game out of first place in the NFC East, the Washington Redskins are making a quarterback change. The Carolina Panthers have been generally pleased with their rookie quarterback, but they're facing a sizable deficit in the NFC South. John Beck will make his first start in four years for the Redskins on Sunday when they visit Cam Newton and the Panthers, who are coming off yet another disheartening loss. Cam goes H.A.M. to give Carolina its 2nd win of the season.

Kansas City at Oakland - Carson Palmer struggled to meet the expectations of the team that drafted him first overall in 2003, but his lack of sustained success didn't stop the Oakland Raiders from using two high future draft picks to add him to their roster. Palmer could make his debut with the Raiders when they host the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. Oakland (4-2) is off to its best start since 2002, the last time they reached the playoffs while also making a trip to the Super Bowl that season. Can Palmer lead the Raiders to the promise land? He can't do any worse than Jason Campbell. "That's a real quarterback."

Pittsburgh at Arizona - Wins are keeping the Pittsburgh Steelers happy. The performances have been a lot less satisfying. The Arizona Cardinals are hoping a week off has bottled their own frustrations. The Steelers look for a more complete effort as they face the struggling Cardinals on Sunday in the first meeting since beating them in the Super Bowl nearly three years ago. Pittsburgh (4-2) has won four of five, but those victories have come against teams with a combined 6-16 record. Poor Fitzgerald. All that talent and noone to give him the ball.

St. Louis at Dallas - The focus of fans in St. Louis and Dallas won't be on football this weekend. In the case of Rams followers, it might not be for the rest of the season depending on the status of Sam Bradford. St. Louis could be without Bradford in Sunday's matchup against the Cowboys in Arlington, where Game 4 of the World Series will take place later that night. The Rams added Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Lloyd, but if they have A.J. Feely doing all the passing, Lloyd might not make a big impact as early as everyone had hoped. Dallas has one of the softest schedules coming up and has a chance to run the table to the top of the NFC Least.

Green Bay at Minnesota - Although the Green Bay Packers are the lone unbeaten team in the NFL, coach Mike McCarthy sees areas where they must improve. One of those is pass defense, but that unit could be in for a better performance against a Minnesota Vikings team giving rookie Christian Ponder his first career start. The Packers look to open with seven straight wins for the first time in nearly 50 years Sunday as they visit Ponder and the Vikings, who are trying to avoid their worst start in more than two decades. Rodgers is going to Discount Double Check so much that Minnesota is going to ban State Farm insurance inside its borders.
    http://big-nasty.com/wp-content/uplo...dgers-belt.jpg

Sunday Night:

Indianapolis at New Orleans -It's been nearly two years since a soaking-wet Sean Payton was carried off the field following his New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory over Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. After a collision last week injured his knee and left leg, Payton won't be on the sidelines for Sunday night's rematch, while Manning won't be on the field once again for the winless Colts who await the chance to draft Manning's successor.

http://i54.tinypic.com/c1fy8.gif

Monday Night:

Baltimore at Jacksonville - Despite a strong start to the season, the Baltimore Ravens are not completely satisfied with their overall play. The visiting Ravens have a chance to calm their concerns when they try for a fourth straight victory Monday night while looking to continue their recent dominance of a Jacksonville Jaguars team hoping to snap a five-game skid. Baltimore (4-1) has outscored St. Louis, the New York Jets and Houston by a combined 100-38 during its winning streak. However, last Sunday's 29-14 victory over the Texans showed the Ravens still have some wrinkles to iron out if they are to remain atop the AFC North. They better not fall to this trap game with Pittsburgh and the idle, surprising, Bengals knocking at the door.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

FIRST

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

sunlife is the home of the hurricanes. they hate tebow

um vs uf is like one of the biggest rivalries in florida. a lot of people were pissed off when it was announced that the gators are going to be honored at halftime

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    sunlife is the home of the hurricanes. they hate tebow
    its also florida Gator night, to honor the 2009 gators

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Why they are honoring a 2 year old college team at a NFL game is beyond me.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

the front office is fucking retarded and they thought it would drive up ticket sales

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    the front office is fucking retarded and they thought it would drive up ticket sales
    Should've had a free punch and pie day.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Should have conducted a free mass at halftime conducted by Tebow.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Should have conducted a free mass at halftime conducted by Tebow.
    What's the difference between a free mass and a pay per pray?

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If Tyven doesn't make the thread for next week's PACMAN RETURN I will be sorely disappointed

SORELY DISAPPOINTED

Seattle at Cleveland
    Atlanta at Detroit - matt stafford > matt ryan
    Houston at Tennessee
    Denver at Miami
    San Diego at NY Jets - Does anyone care about either of these teams this year
    Chicago at Tampa Bay - London game, which means FOX is probably going to air it instead of something more interesting and we get to watch a snoozefest
    Washington at Carolina
    Pittsburgh at Arizona - First of two recent Super Bowl rematches, but one sucks more than the other now
    Kansas City at Oakland
    Green Bay at Minnesota - lewl
    St. Louis at Dallas - blah blah World Series blah fuck you
    Indianapolis at New Orleans - Second rematch, Saints roll. Peyton_Looms_In_the_Booth.gif
    Baltimore at Jacksonville - Why has every MNF sucked this year

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I WILL MAKE IT

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I even called you tyven instead of tryven, that's how serious I am

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    I even called you tyven instead of tryven, that's how serious I am
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...jjfZzBzO8GHzSw

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Should've had a free punch and pie day.
    i was told there would be pie and punch. Viva la resistance

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Not going to make calls on every game... but I'm picking Miami over Denver on the grounds that Denver's a bad team, too, and that Denver has *NEVER WON A REGULAR OR POST SEASON GAME IN MIAMI, EVER*. Overall, Miami leads this series 13-3-1. For whatever reason, Denver has never played well against Miami, even when the broncos were a great team. I see no reason that this will magically change on Sunday. Also, it would kinda suck for the next 8 years if Tebow wins this week because the fans will never got off his junk.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

they wont already

Demosthenes11

Hope the chargers and jets both somehow lose

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Last Week: 8-5
    Overall: 65-25

Seattle vs @Cleveland
    Atlanta vs @Detroit
    Houston vs @Tennessee
    Denver vs @Miami
    San Diego vs @New York (NYJ)
    Chicago vs @Tampa Bay
    Washington vs @Carolina