1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

DRG used to be awesome before TP nerf as well. DRG/SAM was all the rage with Penta-thrust spam.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I try not to include broken aspects of a game into whether a class is truly "good" or not. Drg had shitty armor choices, shitty modifiers on their weapon skills, average health, terrible skills on any weapon not a lance, terrible natural skills (evasion, ect.), an originally-pathetic 2-hr that died in a single AOE from any boss worth their salt, and the list goes on.

To each their own, though. Hopefully it all works out.

Someone take the stick out of Lucavi's ass. It's so far up it's messing with his brain.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Drg had shitty armor choices, shitty modifiers on their weapon skills, average health, terrible skills on any weapon not a lance, terrible natural skills (evasion, ect.)
    I'm not too terribly worried about them completely ruining the class. I think they seem to be handling the basics well enough. It really isn't even an issue of me worrying that they won't be able to appropriately be able to balance a pet. I just don't want it to be a pet class. I want to play a Kain style DRG not a FFXI style DRG. Personally I'd hate to see DRG become a pet class since we already have that in XI I'd like to see XIV's version be different.

New Odin
    BG Level

For Ifrit it’s been defeated in 4 days and the person in charge who made that is sad and now people are doing time attack and beat it under 5 minutes and was really sad and came to me in tears asking me if he can go more with Moogle. But I said it was pretty good difficulty for something you can do with 8 players and it was designed really well but he wanted to go little bit more so please look forward to it.
    lol

tol

Just add a couple jumps to Lancer and keep it similiar to FFT-Lancer and im set for life!

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I have seen nothing out of SE that tells me they can make a good pet class. I don't think the XI DRG is as terrible as people make it out to be but its def not on the level on other MMO's where the pet is a very powerful attacker or its buffing everyone while summoned.

IF SE adds a wyvern, they should add a couple of types that give various type of buff's to party members in range/debuff's to the mobs they hit or types that are strong melee with a diff elemental breaths.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Someone take the stick out of Lucavi's ass. It's so far up it's messing with his brain.
    Right. The career drg since 05' has no idea what he's talking about. Carry on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Going over Reinhart's new translation makes the whole situation seem a lot different. >Link<

Kinda sounds like they are looking into other ways to add them in a non-pet class kinda manner.

F: Q: this one is from forum NA side really wants to know this but will there be Wyvern for Dragoon?
    Y: For this one when I went to overseas last week and answered this but I returned this as a question since you're having a pet you want it to fight right? If you think about that for a battle class we have to balance out as both character+pet so if you look at the character (dragoon) alone from other jobs/class it will look weak. For a pet class to have a pet is a must so don’t know if that's what you want; it’s better to have a pet class and have the pet function there however for Dragoon I know what you guys mean as an image, so for example, it’s hard to do with current engine so it will be for the new engine but say like when you jump dragon is summoned and dragon uses a breath, so we’re looking into stuff like that of course. But if asking is there a wyvern buddy in reality there isn’t any right now since we have to balance out right now but we are looking into ways to link with dragons so please look forward to it in the future.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Going over Reinhart's new translation makes the whole situation seem a lot different. >Link<

Kinda sounds like they are looking into other ways to add them in a non-pet class kinda manner.
    Was just about to post that. That seems like a nice middle ground for both sides. It takes in the attribute that most dragoons have "Embodiment of a Dragons power" and allows the pet crowd to be thrown a bone. Maybe make it so one of the quests in the future have you getting a dragon or companion that comes when called and upon completing the quest several abilities while on Dragoon get modified to allow them to be accompanied by the dragon, but the dragon disappears the minute the ability is used up. Thus they use the power of a dragon, but it is still a melee class and not a pet class so the actual abilities of the player don't get weakened, just enhanced.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

A stand-alone Dragoon with Spirit surge as a 2hr would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Right. The career drg since 05' has no idea what he's talking about. Carry on.
    He really doesn't, but not for the reason he thinks.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    Quit bitching about pet wyverns. Tanaka couldn't understand how to balance pet jobs, we have no idea if Yoshi understands how - he may make them awesum.
    It's more about how Yoshida said he'd have to weaken Dragoon to accommodate for the pet, which most of us don't want.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

My fear for the pet is it will be a situation like....

OK! Time for DRG balancing. -10% dps w/ pet and pet can only add 5% to your dps that can die easy.... Or we could just give them special mount and they keep that 10%.

Obviously it's not that blunt and there is more to it, but that's how I see it coming down.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    It's more about how Yoshida said he'd have to weaken Dragoon to accommodate for the pet, which most of us don't want.
    If you want a pet out fulltime then of course the pet has to do a percentage of your damage instead of you. It will always suck because for your damage to stay good you've got two HP bars to worry about.