1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    Back in the day when dragoon sucked in XI, there was a real sense of community between all of dragoons on each server. Was pretty awesome.
    Hell yeah son I'm jumping on DRG bandwagon, it's been 1st job I lvled to 75 after XI launched in US and I played it through the times it was gimp but eventually had to settle to play PLD because no one wanted DRG.
    I'm hoping Yoshi will redeem the job in this one and provide me with some proper DRG fun.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did everyone on the Archer bandwagon catch Dysentery and sink trying to cross the river? I like how everyone just tries to lv the flavor-job-of-the-month then by next patch, it gets nerfed or jumps to another.

Love the new Jobs system coming into play. Makes good use of this Horizontal growth crap they've been shoving down our throats.

So it looks like they really want to push the "Primal summoning" to some sort of super 2h.
    On paper, this really gives me shivers because of how many bad consequences I can foresee (everyone on the server is cockblocked until you don't summon Ifrit? And, for how long? Also, how could you balance bosses when there's this uber attack available?), but there's still hope they will work it out.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    So it looks like they really want to push the "Primal summoning" to some sort of super 2h.
    On paper, this really gives me shivers because of how many bad consequences I can foresee (everyone on the server is cockblocked until you don't summon Ifrit? And, for how long? Also, how could you balance bosses when there's this uber attack available?), but there's still hope they will work it out.
    Yoshida said that they'll make it OP (so not required for any content), simple as that.

Yoshida said that they'll make it OP (so not required for any content), simple as that.
    Ok but, meaning?
    If it's "OP" and it's not accounted for while designing encounters, it means it's an insta-win button? That must also be "claimed" by your party?
    I really can't see anything good coming out of this, you do?

Sure, lore-wise that's pretty awesome and it's refreshing but.. I'm still on the fence.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Ok but, meaning?
    If it's "OP" and it's not accounted for while designing encounters, it means it's an insta-win button? That must also be "claimed" by your party?
    I really can't see anything good coming out of this, you do?
    It is not taken into account, so it will make the encounters easier, yes.

I know what the community thinks about balance and challenge and whatever, but I think it sounds like a fun feature. Balance doesn't have to be such an obsession it tends to be nowadays. This is very strict and exclusive feature, the game won't break because of it.

Either way, you earn the right to use a Primal in a fight, so it is hardly an insta-win button. You worked for that advantage.

If the community has an issue with "not beating the encounter the traditional way", you can have it show in an achievement or whatever that you had used a Primal to beat it.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Haha funny interview I laughed all the way as I was reading it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The whole summoning thing sounds like an awful idea.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

What's the problem with bandwagon jobs in a game that expects its players to have most if not all combat classes leveled upward of 75% of the way to max level anyway?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    The whole summoning thing sounds like an awful idea.
    I kinda thought this too.

I'm sure It sounds awesome on paper but in practice i can imagine it kinda sucking. Its really one of those things you shouldn't plan on doing often in the game, but if you can, It'd be fun.

Again, Concept is kinda... Neat, but I don't think it will end well. We'll see though.

Edit: someone misspelled Priran's title. its ANALHELM :D

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    someone misspelled Priran's title. its ANALHELM :D
    I hadn't even noticed my title got changed
    Pretty sure I know who did it, when, and for what, but if I said that was the most petty, passive-aggressive crap I'd ever seen from a mod on these forums I'd be lying.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    What's the problem with bandwagon jobs in a game that expects its players to have most if not all combat classes leveled upward of 75% of the way to max level anyway?
    The point is that (at least originally, and I realize things have changed) this wasn't *supposed* to be a game that expects such a thorough cross-leveling system. Yes, a player can be more powerful for doing so, but the balance wasn't ment to be that it was absolutely necessary.

Banned.

BG Level

I think it goes without saying that minmaxing wasn't super important back when the game had no endgame content.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

That was a surprisingly good interview... Very hyped for this combo system on DRG.

Crystal Tower as a WoW-like raid would be awesome. Fighting all those bosses in there to get Epics - er I mean Relic Weapons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

what was crystal tower?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

2nd to last dungeon in FF3. I can't remember much about it, but if it's as epic as it was in FF3 I'll love every moment of it.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    what was crystal tower?
    It's where all the ancient weapons (Sasuke, Murasame, Amanomurakumo, Apocalpyse, etc) were kept and every time you approached to pick up a weapon there was a boss fight.

Also did I mention the music was epic?