BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

ok perfect thanks!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What the fuck is up with the difficulty of Aern organs compared to the rest? 100% drop rate on Yovra organs and 100% drop rate on mother xzomit, took me a whopping 20 mins to farm all of those, yet I have now killed over 50 aerns and haven't seen a single drop.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Killed both Ul' and Om Aerns, neither are giving me anything.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Weren't there certain Aerns that dropped them better? I wish I could remember where, though. The ones inside maybe?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hu'Xzoi Eo'aerns have a slightly better drop rate, and you can Despoil NQ organs in addition to that from them. If I'm not mistaken you can't do that with other ones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Have you got any quests open in which she's involved? Might be that. Did you go back and double check you actually got the mission cs from Tosuka-Porika? Because they're involved in a quest too. Might be worth going back to them and talking him twice and then try checking Nanaa again.
    Yeah Tosuka tells me to go to Nanaa. And yes I already said I haven't done anything involving her... that includes quests. GM listed off everything that could effect it that he knew. And talked to them dozens of times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Well with ultimate + moon + gales + wind head, that alone is like wind attack+46 and +80 matt, which as far as I have read matt is decreasing returns yes?

I have tp bonus+200 from my daggers so every ws has a normal fTP of 4, and I get another .1 from soil belt so thats 4.1

With said gear my average AE is doing about 2K dmg. What other stats would you need to know?
    Most stats in this game have decreasing returns so yes mab does somewhat.

Approximate int/dex and total MAB you rocking from everything like gear atmas buffs job traits

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://i40.tinypic.com/6p1eev.png

Anyone other dancer's having this issue?

I used to be able to SC without any kind of issue using reverse flourish, but since I cam back a few months ago this no longer seems to work, very VERY rarely I'll get my SC however 9 times out of 10 nothing at all happens.

However if I use the triple SC method using sekkanoki I can easily pull off darkness using evi->DE->evi

Methinks SE secretly dropped the period to successfully SC down to 4~5 seconds? Because I can do it in 5-6 and that used to be more than enough time to SC, however now I barely scrape by and very often miss. Anyone else notice this?

Konda

equipment change is probably just skipping the animation, which skips the damage in the chat log, which has happened since ever.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sometimes swapping gear right after you do the closing WS can kill the effect of the SC in your log and graphically... I don't think it kills it in actuality but not 100% sure.

Konda

It still does the damage, it just skips the animation and the damage in the chat log. Try the SC without any equipment swaps, you'll see the animation and chat log. Alternatively, watch the mob's HP, and it will drop way more than the damage of your second weaponskill (If SC isnt resisted).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It only does that if it blinks you. So only visible gear and depending on how fast it does it /lag before you blink. And of course blinkmenot prevents that from happening too

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Konda View Post
    It still does the damage, it just skips the animation and the damage in the chat log. Try the SC without any equipment swaps, you'll see the animation and chat log. Alternatively, watch the mob's HP, and it will drop way more than the damage of your second weaponskill (If SC isnt resisted).
    Oh ok, I guess now that I think about it right around when I started using Spellcast was when the problem started.

Thanks, I just thought I was sucking

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Can you solo Cirein-croin as NIN or THF easily or does Charm screw it up? I'm currently on a forced hiatus from FFXI or I would just try.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Iirc charm is only used as the 2nd move at lower hps so you can just start running after the first to avoid it. Which you should do anyways since eatting 2 of the other moves can hurt pretty bad anyways. It hits you with lots of status effects and does lots of dmg thru shadows so thf might not cut it unless you do something silly like use triple regen atmas and/or tons of meds

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I'm about to start Hvergelmir staff path for Myrkr, is there anything specific/tricky I should know about the various lotto pop nms along the way?
    The fish in vunk can't be triggered while it's doing it's water ranged attack, which is nearly constantly. With practice you might find the timing to get it, but given how low it's HP is it might be faster to just speed kill it outright and hope - especially if you're duoing, as it'll shoot more while you're constantly knockbacked. Mass kill for golds between windows for extra chance at scales KI.

Rest of the NMs are all popped, assuming you stop at level 85.

If going to 90, Deelgeed hate resets with awful eye and scutum, has enpetrify, along with all usual abyssea bugard stuff - tyrant tusk can death.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Iirc charm is only used as the 2nd move at lower hps so you can just start running after the first to avoid it. Which you should do anyways since eatting 2 of the other moves can hurt pretty bad anyways. It hits you with lots of status effects and does lots of dmg thru shadows so thf might not cut it unless you do something silly like use triple regen atmas and/or tons of meds

sweet, i'm glad there's a trick to avoiding it. that should make finishing my masa easy. thanks.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

If you have rdm/blm/sch then just kite/nuke on that (sub thf for th2 if you want).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yea THF may have problems. NIN should be able to do it, a little slowly due to having to heal through status ailments and whatnot. BLU can do it very easily.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Use some form of poison potion if you want to 100% avoid sleep>charm. People will be waiting for you to get charmed and take your NM generally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sleep is gaze so could just turn anyways...

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast