BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

[Siren > Shiva] Podginator & Junont

Had recent applications from these guys and wondered if anyone had any comments. EU players. I understand they are from the Revolutions / RevolutionX linkshells.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I was in a Linkshell with Junont for a little over a year back in 09, (Revolution)

Doesn't swap gear on either of his jobs at all, constantly had something to say and whined about shit not going his way, one example I can remember was he caused a whole lot of drama just because we wouldn't kill Indrik for the H2H. Absolutely horrible player in general and a even worse Paladin, cannot keep hate for shit, despite his Empyreans. (That he doesn't use gear swaps for)

Revolution wasn't the most successful HNM LS, but we had our moments and killed Odin before our rival LS. We had a decent amount of very skilled players and we managed to carry the shit ones along, Junont and Podginator being two that comes to mind but I'll get to him in a bit. Basically all of the decent players left including the 2 leaders so Junont and Zeshra took the reins.

Zeshra had this whole vision that she wanted to recruit players that where not the best geared but had shining potential so she recruited any old sket but the funny thing is, Junont, Zeshra and Podginator literally used the Linkshell to an absolute T. Junont, Podginator, Zeshra and one other are the only people with Empyrean weapons and semi decent gear because they refuse to share.

Zeshra finally quit and Junont made RevolutionX.

Which was lead by Junont and Co-Lead by Podginator.

Junont basically recruited anyone he could find and took the entire LS for a ride, using the members for their own gain.

As for Podginator, he joined maybe a few months before I left but I remember he had absolute fucking horrible gear for all of his jobs I specifically remember his BLU in like full AF1 or something at 75. His previous character was Xxxpyroxxx before he was hacked.

As people they are fine, but if you are looking for reliable skilled players I'm afraid they aren't going to help you much.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Podginator was Xxpryoxx on Siren before he bought Podginator. Having been in a shell with Podginator for a couple months the only words that spring to mind are: unspectacular and unnoteworthy. It has been a year since I shared a linkshell with Podginator and I don't have any recent dealings with him so it is possible that he may have evolved and progressed as a player. I have seen him in Jeuno and seen that he does possess decent pieces of gear but unfortunately I can't provide details of the appliaction of said gear.

I was in Revolution with Junont for a year, I knew him before this from previous my server, Ifrit (on which he was also called Junont). Junont is a nice and helpful guy but this is spoiled by his occasional temper tantrums which come with complimentry threatening to log out, logging out, purpose DCing, "accidental" DCing, and a whole lot of moaning. These tantrums greatly increased in frequency when he he started to lead Revolutions. Some friends and I eventually left Revolutions mainly because the events seemed tailored to Junonts needs, and that pattern appeared to follow suit long after we left, the only substantial evidence being Junont's 100 Emps vs every other Revolution member's 0-1 Emps.

As a player he possessed high end gear and has always maintained this well, however little to no gear swaps are made on any of his jobs and this is reflected in the many parses I conducted while in the linkshell. He often wound up as a tank in Revolutions, but seemed to always struggle to keep hate due to bad decisions, such as x3 HP+ atma in Abyssea and again, little (if any) gear swapping.

To summerise:

Podginator; I don't have too much to say about him other than he does at the very least possess decent gear.

Junont; a nice, loyal player with great gear who has occasional temper tantrums, would require advice and guidance of how to make better use of gear to become a good player.

Kantele

Ok, where to begin.

I am not sure what the 1st poster means by word "reliable" - to me this means someone who shows up to events and does the best to his ability to get the job done.
    I was in Jun's shell for a bit (until I quit FFXI) and he was always there, ALWAYS! And if he wasn't everyone would know about it because he would post it on the ls website. To me... That is very reliable.

2nd thing is that when you lead a linkshell you usually tend to build the events around what you need because quite frankly (at least from the experience I had when I was leading shells in FF11) getting info - let alone useful info - from members of a linkshell of what they wanted to do can sometimes be like pulling teeth.

Linkshell leaders do not get paid to plan, organize and lead events. Nor do they get paid for doing the admin work on the linkshell website or keeping up with the points. Leading a linkshell is a real CHORE sometimes so I salute all the leaders who actually lead a linkshell still. It's easy for members to come home from work and join event that is already planned out for them.. and then whine when a leader gets annoyed about something and says a few negative words. Oh yes... Leaders also sometimes lose their temper because let's face it 10 people sending a tell saying "I think my points are wrong" "Hey, where do I need to go" "I think we should do this fight differently"... etc can get a bit annoying and at the same time your left eye is trying to keep up with the ls conversation and you also have to make sure EVERYONE IS ON TIME cos people get upset when events get delayed... (plus there is so much more!)

But back to the subject...
    Junont is a lovely person who really does help others.
    Me and few friends of mine came from Odin to join his shell and he helped us all through VW wins and even handheld us to the right locations. He is a good player with a really nice gear sets.. Plus his PLD is really good, I don't care what these other people are saying.

There are not many loyal and skilled old school players left in FFXI but Junont definately goes to this category and well, I didnt get to know Pod that well but he always was attenting to events and was doing his best as well.

I think background check really is about finding out if they have stolen stuff or done something else wrong... and for this I can say, they are extremely nice people and would never steal a thing nor intentionally do something illegal.
    As far as people goes, why don't you get them on board and see for yourself :D

*Sugarpanda's two cents*

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kantele View Post
    stuff
    The previous posts are consistent with saying Junont does have incredible gear but does not gear swap nor seem to know how to prepare correctly for events. I don't want to pick apart your post, but it just seems like a ton of white knighting while conveniently ignoring negatives about the person. There is one point I'd like to comment on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantele View Post
    Linkshell leaders do not get paid to plan, organize and lead events. Nor do they get paid for doing the admin work on the linkshell website or keeping up with the points. Leading a linkshell is a real CHORE sometimes so I salute all the leaders who actually lead a linkshell still. It's easy for members to come home from work and join event that is already planned out for them.. and then whine when a leader gets annoyed about something and says a few negative words. Oh yes... Leaders also sometimes lose their temper because let's face it 10 people sending a tell saying "I think my points are wrong" "Hey, where do I need to go" "I think we should do this fight differently"... etc can get a bit annoying and at the same time your left eye is trying to keep up with the ls conversation and you also have to make sure EVERYONE IS ON TIME cos people get upset when events get delayed... (plus there is so much more!)
    This segment is circa 2006 ish of leaders trying to justify why they get stuff over everyone else first. I ran a limbus ls in the past and a mild events ls so I'm not just running my mouth, but I'm not saying my way>all. The point of having to direct people around? I told all my members you better have maps/wiki/etc. Myself and the other leaders are not hand holders. We will not direct you. Don't like it? Leave. Wanna constantly complain about thinking points are wrong? Keep track of it yourself or leave. If 10 ppl are actually sending tells YOU are probably the one messing up. People not on time? They don't come to event. Wanna cry about it? I'll help you leave.

I have no experience with Junont, and while I have no direct experience with Pod, I remember the name from constantly seeing him shout to buy +2 items and Empy upgrade items. To me, that says a lot about your shell and the leaders if members shout for items while the ls they are in is labeled an events/endgame/etc and can't progress within the ls.

Podginator21

OK, I understand and I accept criticism, what i don't accept is how can u possibly judge someone base on what there gear/playing style etc etc was like 2 yrs ago!
    Also I was never a co leader when Junont and Zeshra were, I think you will find it was Sydali, so i dunno how u can say I
    literally used the Linkshell to an absolute T."
    Zeshra left the linkshell 2 yrs ago nearly and Junont and Syedali where co-leaders. RevolutionX was formed like 2 months ago when Sydali quit the game. Which left Junont as sole leader so myself and 3 others opted to help by being sacks.

I'm sure u won't find many people as reliable as Junont and myself, who's actually good enough to judge players on wherever they are skilled enough? I'm sure Lidenbok and Attaxia aren't!

Skill is about the player not there GEAR! "I add from 2 yrs ago"

Judge me on what I am now not what I was 2 yrs ago.

@ Mikus
    To me, that says a lot about your shell and the leaders if members shout for items while the ls they are in is labeled an events/endgame/etc and can't progress within the ls.
    Don't that mean that i try to get my stuff done outside of the linkshell too? I didn't realise that was a bad thing nowadays lol

Podge

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Podginator21 View Post
    @ Mikus
    Don't that mean that i try to get my stuff done outside of the linkshell too? I didn't realise that was a bad thing nowadays lol

Podge
    It wasn't a shot against you broseph, it was about the white knighting of the other poster for Junont when he was the leader of your ls. Apologies if it seemed that way.

Yakuzeku

All I read here was "bullshit blabla bullshit blabla".

Been in Revo for a year now, which is 2011, not 2009, by the way. In other words I can comment on them unlike others posters.

First, Pod, is an awesome person and very skilled in playing his character on the jobs I saw him on the most. I think I never saw him mad, which tells a lot.

Junont is hard working when it comes to leading events. As a poster mentioned he's fast to get annoyed/mad, but I've seen that as a common trait in LS leaders over the years, and I'm not shocked, when you see how un-reliable common players can be (talking attendence/knowledge-of-the-game there).

As for gears & the gear-swap crap, both are nicely geared, and trying to get better (hi2u WotG completed).

Conclusion: just shut it when you don't know someone enough to judge him/her...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I'm sure u won't find many people as reliable as Junont and myself, who's actually good enough to judge players on wherever they are skilled enough? I'm sure Lidenbok and Attaxia aren't!
    Made me spill my water.

As for gears & the gear-swap crap, both are nicely geared, and trying to get better (hi2u WotG completed).
    I played with these people way before abyssea, when it was a lot harder to obtain the more prestigious pieces, you are talking from experience in a day and age where you can complete a full best in slot gear set in a week. Sure they have acceptable gear now but only because it's extremely easy to obtain like 60% of the community these days, I know from personal experience how these people geared and played back when gear wasn't so easy to obtain.

Trying to get better? So you are not denying the fact he doesn't gear swap? Also how long does it take for someone to learn how to play a game effectively? He's been playing just as long as myself and Attaxia and 99% of the readers on these forums and yet still cannot grasp the simple concept even after receiving grilling from various original Revo members?

WOTG completion is a sure sign of a player progressing! that content is damn hard.

Conclusion: just shut it when you don't know someone enough to judge him/her...
    Did you miss the part where me and Attaxia said that we shared the same linkshell for almost 2 years? (Junont)

All this whiteknighting and sending my friends tells is actually cute, kinda reminds me of the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzeku View Post
    stuff
    Hi Livsenjel.

Someone you are hiding from?

junont

Im not going to comment too much about myself as the ppl who actually know me know what im about and ppl can form their own opinions,all i will say is the 1st 2 posters on this thread lets call them ryan or liam (cant remember which) and scott for the sake of it, seem to have very imaginative memories and assumptions based on very little fact, ryan or liam(liedenbok) and scott (attaxia) are i assume still close rl friends, attaxia i have always had a lot of time for and is a nice guy and your post was mainly fair although fabricated, however your comments regarding the linkshell were way wide of the mark and ill get to that later on. Liedenbok's post was (after i finished laughing) very inaccurate and you seem very bitter about something, which was suprising considering how nice you were to me in aby altepa a couple of months ago but i guess its easier to be brave on here huh although maybe it was a ruse to leech some bst seals from us who knows.

I joined revolution in 2009 when zeshra was the leader im not great with dates but sometime after, maybe 3 months or so zeshra quit and then lex/sav repearled the linkshell and created revolutions and as liedenbok posted we had mixed sucess at hnm level although we never had the members or dedication to compete with the other hnm shells at the time we had a golden period where we managed to claim/kill a few hnm but this was shortlived in all honesty, i was made a sacholder soon after the linkshell was repearled and you have to ask yourselves if i was as half as bad as liedenbok suggests would i have been made a sac and eventually left to lead the linkshell? you can draw your own conclusions there, zesh returned at some point and lex/sav decided to let her back in the ls which was a hard decision for them as she basically up and left the ls with no warning, then abyssea came along and sav and lex werent big fans of it, they were old school players who loved the hnm scene and i think the dumbed down direction the game was taking didnt appeal to them, sav quit 1st leaving lex to run the ls but it was clear he wasnt enjoying the game anymore, he decided to leave the ls and informed us on the website though unwittingly left his account details on a forum which could be seen by a few other members and his account was then hacked and moved to another server.

This left myself and syedali to run the linkshell and i requested to lex who could still access sav's account to make zesh a sacholder as she was great at organising and a big help to sye and me, she was never a leader as was stated by liedenbok, we pretty much became abyssea only and proceeded to gear members with seals/+2/other abyssea loot, i dont remember the exact circumstances but zeshra kicked a disruptive member who was also a rl friend of liedenbok/attaxia and basically gave me and sye a "me or him" altimatum, we didnt want to lose attaxia/kinetix as they really were nice guys but decided it in the best intrests of the linkshell to back zeshra, soon after this zeshra went missing again lol and hasnt been seen since, we continued to farm abyssea and worked on emp weapons for a lot of members and we worked very hard often very late into the night, sye's rl circumstances changed he got a job/new place and even though he intended to return he hasnt been able to, so i repearled the ls and we pretty much carried on as normal adding voidwatch events into the mix which we did pretty well with untill unfortunately we lost several members due to rl commitments/quitting game and now leaves us with about 7-8 members which isnt enough to progress through the newer vw content.

Ill admit back in 2009 i wasnt the most accomplished player, although fabricated by liedenbok it took me a while to get to grips with the pld job but i improved all the time and and now i can honestly say my pld is pretty good, i have various sets, in fact my inventory is full when im on pld i cant fit anything else in, i have taken onboard advice over the years from very good players like garik/seiri and i must thank them for all they have done for me (miss you buddy), my temper tantrums yes i have had them lol, my friends will vouch for it but im trying a lot to control that side of things and i honestly believe i have mellowed a bit in my old age.

Going back to emp weapons and your "100 emp weapons" comment scott seriously, let me straighten this out for you, my h2h emp and ochain were the only emps i got any help with during ls events and even then i did a lot of work on them outside events with friends, something like 55/75 souls outside events, 40+/75 drauga scales outside events, and 40+/75 azadja horns outside events also, heck i was even 28/50 on chloris buds before we even started emp farming as a linkshell, gandiva and almace were both done outside events though i admit i was lucky with bhukis wings as we killed a lot of bhukis for +2 and nobody needed them and they were freelot,I have worked hard for anything i have achieved on this game and just as hard for the achievements of members/friends in the linkshell, im not an elite player like you liedenbok /sarcasm off and i never will be, but tbh that doesnt worry me as long as im enjoying the experience and doing the best i can is all that matters to me.

A few words about Podginator, pod is an amazing guy and i dont care is this is branded as "white knighting" or bromance get over it, im very proud to have him as a friend and he has been a great help to me in running the ls, he works very hard for his gear and for others too, he often pushed me (along with orand) to carry on with ochain when quite honestly it was driving me mad and for that i thank you both, we have achieved alot and yes wotg included cause it was fun btw the point livsengel was making was that the earring reward is actually very useful liedenbok hence the trying to improve our gearsets angle but i understand you never realised to see it that way.

I wont be reading/contributing anything to this thread anymore i could of added alot more but i wanted to set things straight/defend myself as opposed to troll feeding and creating drama which im really not intrested in as haters gonna hate regardless

ty for reading
    max/junont

edit: miss you sugar and ty for the kind words <3

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I really don't care enough to read all of that, no one asked for a story about Revolution's past bro.

Someone asked for your background check, and I gave my personal insight like Attaxia.

Unless it's something significantly bad background checks are normally taken with a pince of salt, I hope in your application you show how much of a player you have apprantly progressed since you last played with me and prove me wrong.

Nothing changes though, you can flock all of your friends to defend you and write novals about your past all you want but it does not change anything. You still abused linkshell leader status more than once, you where still a supbar player when I knew you. Which is what these threads are designed for, to weed out the bad before damage is done.

I was nice to you in Altepa because you where nice to me. I don't try and be a dick although perhaps in this thread it seems like it but I am just an honest person.

I've gone through plenty of background checks myself and I know how relentless they are, I guess you are new to it. If someone has something to say they are going to say it bad or good.

I didn't have to say anything I know but I felt obliged, I've always been nice to you because of the fact you where an LS member to avoid unnecessary drama, I get on with everyone but it's players like you I cannot, I generally instantly dislike someone that gears badly or doesn't gear swap. I don't know why but it is something I cannot stand. No excuse to be so lazy.

You where always bitter, ignorant and extremely needy, you had the temper of a 5 year old despite being older than most of the members, on top of that you didn't pull your weight in the LS, as a player you where subpar and still demanded the same rewards even if it did take some brown nosing and a bit of crying and the occasional ninja bidding. A lot of other members made an effort to get the LS somewhere, you just refused too and to the point of refusing to push macros.

No one is saying you are a bad person, I don't know why everyone thinks they need to defend you as a human, this is strictly based on you as a player and your mentality inside the game. I am sure you are a cool guy.

That's all I am going to say before this turns into bickering.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Just going to draw some attention here.

Im not going to comment too much about myself as the ppl who actually know me know what im about and ppl can form their own opinions

Keep that in mind. Let's review.

I joined revolution in 2009 when zeshra was the leader im not great with dates but sometime after,
    i was made a sacholder soon after the linkshell was repearled and you have to ask yourselves if i was as half as bad as liedenbok suggests would i have been made a sac and eventually left to lead the linkshell? you can draw your own conclusions there
    This left myself and syedali to run the linkshell
    Ill admit back in 2009 i wasnt the most accomplished player, although fabricated by liedenbok it took me a while to get to grips with the pld job but i improved all the time and and now i can honestly say my pld is pretty good, i have various sets, in fact my inventory is full when im on pld i cant fit anything else in, i have taken onboard advice over the years from very good players like garik/seiri and i must thank them for all they have done for me (miss you buddy), my temper tantrums yes i have had them lol, my friends will vouch for it but im trying a lot to control that side of things and i honestly believe i have mellowed a bit in my old age.
    let me straighten this out for you, my h2h emp and ochain
    i did a lot of work on them outside events with friends, something like 55/75 souls outside events, 40+/75 drauga scales outside events, and 40+/75 azadja horns outside events also, heck i was even 28/50 on chloris buds before we even started emp farming as a linkshell, gandiva and almace were both done outside events though i admit i was lucky with bhukis wings as we killed a lot of bhukis for +2 and nobody needed them and they were freelot,I have worked hard for anything i have achieved on this game and just as hard for the achievements of members/friends in the linkshell, im not an elite player like you liedenbok /sarcasm off and i never will be, but tbh that doesnt worry me as long as im enjoying the experience and doing the best i can is all that matters to me.
    Most appropriate:

I wont be reading/contributing anything to this thread anymore i could of added alot more but i wanted to set things straight/defend myself

junont

I know i said i wouldnt be contributing anymore to this but there is a reason which ill get to later lol

@lyall
    yes i know i started my last post badly with that sentence lol

@lid
    i appreciate what your saying and yes looking at your background checks these things are ruthless to say the least, although i dont agree with the things you say you are entilted to your opinion, i have never brown nosed anybody lol it really isnt my style in game or rl, i have never "abused" leader status, this statement is very unfair as only 4/9 of my jobs have full +2 compared to alot of other members who have a lot more and anyone who reached stage 1 on a emp weapon we proceeded to work on, and ninja bidding? again considering i hardly ever bid on anything i find this amusing, the temper is cooling off a lot also mate and its now very isolated,i actually sought medical advice on this so its something im really serious about. yes i hope sometime i can show you how i have progressed/improved, i play on pc now and find it much better with windower macros, i even have 4 different victory smite macros so its something again i have actively been trying to improve, regardless of the he say/she say i wish you guys all the best in the future and respect you all.

@ eldelphia
    I wanted to thank you for considering us but pod and myself have decided to stay on siren, you seem to have a great linkshell which attracted both of us but we have decided to start playing 14 soon after much harrassment from friends lol, we will still play 11 but on a much more limited scale and dont think it would be fair to commit to a new server/linkshell at this time, again i wish you and your ls all the best for the future.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This can be closed now.