Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shakugan no Shana III

JC Staff. You need to know, this is how you properly do an adaption. This season. Not the garbage that you pulled with Zero no Tsukaima and Shana II.

This is how to correctly do it. Now, go do it again.

The narrative in this season was fantastic, with it introducing and sympathizing with characters that were antagonists previously, to the point where you are cheering for them.

And to top it all off, it has a fantastic ending.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

"Byebye" scene in Rinne no Lagrange cracked me up. It was a very nice finale imo, I can't wait for next season.

Moretsu was also great. I'm loving these space adventure, and I hope the 2nd half will have more like stuff like this.

ZnT finale was as retarded as the rest of the show. I was sure the pope would be back considering how retarded his end was 2 episodes ago...I guess not. And Saito stealing a jett? That was easier than I thought it would be.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

JC Staff. You need to know, this is how you properly do an adaption.
    Shit, now I have to rewatch Shana 1 and 2 in fast forward or something so I can remember stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    "Byebye" scene in Rinne no Lagrange cracked me up.
    Was funny, but also really touching I think.

Generally I liked it more than I thought in the end, waiting for S2 now

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ano Natsu de Matteru Ep12 [END]

This was surprisingly well crafted Ending. Sure, nothing it offers is particularly original, but this is a show that demonstrates how easy really talented and experienced writers and directors can make utter quality look.

Random thoughts:

-As expected, the Lake was indeed "Lake Kizaki" from Onegai Teacher.

-Was great hearing Mizuho's voice again "Onegai Teacher's heroine".

-Lemon is awesome.
    Spoiler: show

-Now to wait for rest of the BD releases.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aquarion EVOL 13

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Another's ending

I liked it. Was pretty intense and while definitely not perfect, the "dead one"'s twist caught me offguard (still trying to decide whether I liked the twist or not). The phone call felt a little silly and I think they could've used an extra episode for the mansion, since everyone just went batshit crazy so fast in the last episode, but overall I really enjoyed the series.

Also: lol'd at the translation at the beginning: "this is not normal". No shit bro, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Shakugan no Shana III

JC Staff. You need to know, this is how you properly do an adaption. This season. Not the garbage that you pulled with Zero no Tsukaima and Shana II.

This is how to correctly do it. Now, go do it again.

The narrative in this season was fantastic, with it introducing and sympathizing with characters that were antagonists previously, to the point where you are cheering for them.

And to top it all off, it has a fantastic ending.
    This ^

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Anyone know where I can see Inazuma eleven GO episode 44/45 subbed? They're avail in raw, have been for a little while now, last 2 eps of the season and I can't watch them

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Ano Natsu de Matteru Ep12 [END]

This was surprisingly well crafted Ending. Sure, nothing it offers is particularly original, but this is a show that demonstrates how easy really talented and experienced writers and directors can make utter quality look.

Random thoughts:

-As expected, the Lake was indeed "Lake Kizaki" from Onegai Teacher.

-Was great hearing Mizuho's voice again "Onegai Teacher's heroine".

-Lemon is awesome.

-Now to wait for rest of the BD releases.

It's pretty clear that Yamano Remon = Morino Ichigo. We got more than enough hints.
    - They share the exact same seiyuu and character design.
    - It is implied that she was in high school with Manami (Tetsuro's sister) at some point, to which she responded "I'm eternally 17."
    - In episode 9 towards the end she says a line that directly references Kei and Ichigo's standstill sickness. "That's right. Move. Don't stop. Move forward."
    - Her name (likely a pseudonym) is a play on her real name. Yamano Lemon = mountain of lemons, Morino Ichigo = forest of strawberries.
    - In the final episode her monologue about the first alien she met was a clear reference to Mizuho.

Those are the hints off the top of my head, but there could be more.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Another ep. 12 (final episode)

Wait..what? So, a Kou lookalike killed his aunt a year and half ago, but forgot about it? Mei knew, but never told anyone for some reason (probably because she is weird in the first place). I'm fine with that, but ending the show like this leave a bitter taste...I wanted more resolve with Kou's and Mei's backstory.

Also, the carnage at the inn was a little over the top. Too many death is like not enough.

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

I'm technically okay with her being the extra, but her original death just seems out of the blue. Was it really him? And if so, was he under the influence of whatever and his subsequent health issues rooted in related trauma?

I can't recall if she ever came up while he was talking with his father or more directly interacting with his grandparents (of which I assume his father thought he was staying with), too. I guess the bird seemed to know, as well.

My power of observation totally flopped in not realizing she was the assistant teacher.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

I'm technically okay with her being the extra, but her original death just seems out of the blue. Was it really him? And if so, was he under the influence of whatever and his subsequent health issues rooted in related trauma?

I can't recall if she ever came up while he was talking with his father or more directly interacting with his grandparents (of which I assume his father thought he was staying with), too. I guess the bird seemed to know, as well.

My power of observation totally flopped in not realizing she was the assistant teacher.

I thought it was him because it kinda looked like him, and he was supposed to be around, but maybe he just showed up for the funeral. Idk.

I've no idea why he forgot everything. I suppose it's just the curse re-arranging his memory to make it looks like she never died.

I also wanted to know more about Misaki's family, her power, and everything. The OVA might answer some question, but I doubt it will be enough.

And don't feel too bad about your lacking power of observation, you're not the only one lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ano natsu

I want to take this show seriously...but I can't when they pull stuff like this.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Ano natsu

I want to take this show seriously...but I can't when they pull stuff like this.
    I just watched the episode, and I share the exact same sentiments, lol. By the end, I was "wtf'ing" more than I was like "Wow, that was quite a nice story".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nichibros 12-FINAL

Most satisfying ending I've seen in a while. I miss it already.

It was a good run, not the funniest around or the best, but week to week it kept me entertained and wanting more. It will be missed.

Another 12 had a satisfying ending, but there are certainly a lot of questions and uncertainties as to why they would do the finale like that. People have mostly covered it but overall I loved this show. Certainly didn't catch onto who was dead until now, so it was at least successful in that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Nichibros 12-FINAL

Most satisfying ending I've seen in a while. I miss it already.
    A really fun episode. The show's first episode really didn't win me over at all, but I'm glad I kept with it, it ended up being really enjoyable.

Chihayafuru 25

If there was ever a show I wanted a second season of, it would 100% be this show. Finally showed off how over-powered the Master was, and how instead of aiming just for Class A, or the Queen, the entire team (Well, almost the entire team) is now gunning to top the Master. So incredibly good! I know it's based off of a Manga, but I don't think it's translated that far at all, so I dunno how far it has actually gotten story wise. Here's hoping there's enough material and that the show was popular enough to warrant the Studio doing a second season

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

One last thing about Nichibros

http://i.imgur.com/Dzpl1.jpg (too big, don't feel like spoilering)

Mind = blown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBnJJOnCME

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hahaha, that's awesome. It reminds me of the whole Pokemon series being Ash's dream after he was struck by lightning in the first episode