+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    People now have no choice but to snap in and mix up Phoenix. That is what this game has come down to.

Again.
    I think if a phoenix player uses this, running away from Phoenix will now be a viable option because of the sheer amount of time required to do this combo to gain meter.

Before this glitch was found:
    Phoenix player gets a combo off you, gains a couple bars and be able to get 5 bars when Phoenix is the only character left if not snapped in and killed.

Now:
    Phoenix player gets the infinite off you, gains 5 bars with the combo while taking half of the timer to do so, and now you get ~40 marvel seconds to run away.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Back in the days, this would be that technology that you save for the tournament. gogo Youtube.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They said no patch in 2012.
    I really doubt they knew this existed though, that might change.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I really doubt they knew this existed though, that might change.
    Even if they wanted to there might not be enough time to get their patch through certification by both MS and Sony. Maybe they can get a special rush order by virtue of being Capcom but they're not exactly on a roll with how they've patched their games in 2012 so far.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Why do people want patches already? Let it rock and see how the game turns out. If CvS2 was around during the patching era, and they took roll cancel out immediately it would have been a worse game in the long run. Gotta give this shit time.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He's right. The is totally gonna have more depth now that there are lots of infinites~!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Maybe people will find anti-TAC tech because of this. Maybe it will alter team compositions to better handle it. Maybe some formerly low-tier characters will become viable either to make use of it or defend against it. Maybe a lot of things will happen. You don't know, so just let it play out.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

News: MarlinPie has a burn kick cancel TAC infinite.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Not really any more busted than the game already is, TAC mechanics were an awful idea to begin with.

May as well leave it, it's just Marvel being Marvel.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They were only cool because of the sick Doom TAC goodness and the hilarious analyze cube loops that MODOK can pull off.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Not really any more busted than the game already is, TAC mechanics were an awful idea to begin with.

May as well leave it, it's just Marvel being Marvel.
    Should probably have put it as 'Vs. being Vs.' Versus games have always been busted, that's basically the trademark of the series, or as the minorities call it, 'hype'.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't get upset because you can't appreciate Yipes, Callisto.

Knowing Viper that shit is probably stupid hard to do...

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Calli

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Am I the only one that remembers that Seth Killian said something about TAC around umvc3 time? He said it was more broken then the DHC glitch and no one has found it yet.

I mean really. Am I the only one that remembers this? Seth knew about this, and seth just left capcom.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._bpCYcnruiMvy7

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dante has a TAC infinite too, dunno if it was mentioned already. Phoenix too.

List is something like:
    Sent
    Hsien Ko
    Phoenix
    Mags
    Dante
    C. Viper
    MODOK
    Taskmaster
    Chun Li
    Dorm
    Nova

Anyone else I'm missing?

FChamps team just got really ridiculous... and Zero may cry also got hella strong with that Zero touch of death lightning loops, dante infinite, and vergil anchor stupidness. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Seth knew about this, and seth just left capcom.
    JUST AS PLANNED.

Imagine if Morrigan has an infinite (with soul drain!)

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm trying so hard to find the article about it. Seth fucking knew about this and it's been in the back of my head for months.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I doubt it, he could have just been talking about one of the number of other TAC tricks/glitches that people have found out. The Zero thing, the X-Factor TAC cancels, the Chun infinite. Doubt he would have know about this. Though I guess if he did that would be good news, since it would mean they have no intention of patching it.

He's right. The is totally gonna have more depth now that there are lots of infinites~!
    It does. It completely changes the metagame for several characters, makes some (like Modok) a lot more threatening.

People now have no choice but to snap in and mix up Phoenix. That is what this game has come down to
    Actually, Phoenix having a TAC doesn't really help her at all. Who in their right mind would exchange to Phoenix if they have other characters left and <5 bars? If you fuck up an input (which you're likely to do with these infinites), it's gg. If she's the only one alive, you can't do it.

Nah, the main advantage of this for Phoenix is if people do this to her teammates. But even then, anyone with enough execution to do these reliably should also be smart enough to not do that. So really, in the end, this is hardly changing the game for Phoenix at all. The biggest change is now TACs are more obviously threatening, so people can play mindgames with those moreso than they used to (Fanatiq did this a couple times last night against FChamp, pretending to go for an infinite then doing a Magneto reset into a regular combo which killed w/ no bar).

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

The problem with the TAC setups are they are random to begin with, which is why pro players are complaining. This type of shit is scrub.

In other games, namely MVC2 for comparison sake, sure there were infinites, but they were earned is the difference.

UMVC3 was at its height of hype over the recent weeks; hopefully, this doesn't change that. I want to watch extended combos like MarlinPie comes up with, not easy as shit TAC infinites which are setup by random bullshit.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    In other games, namely MVC2 for comparison sake, sure there were infinites, but they were earned is the difference.

old man'd that for you