• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Need some help: Logitech g110 and my computer don't want to play nice

Play nicely, even. ><

Anyway, the short version of it is that I cannot figure out how to make the g110 keyboard work with my computer.

I have already googled this issue extensively, but no one with my motherboard seems to be having this same problem. I've updated everything I can think to update, checked and re-checked drivers, etc. etc.

I built my computer myself a few years ago. Below are the screen shots of the system information. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have on what to try, in order to get this keyboard to work.

Here's what I have:

Overview:

Some specifics:

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is not the first time I've heard that the Gxxx series of Logitech Keyboards not working, at all.

In this instance, can I ask you to check on another machine, anything, laptop, desktop, work machine?

I suspect the keyboard is simply just dead.

Is it brand new? You seemed to have tried for a while.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    This is not the first time I've heard that the Gxxx series of Logitech Keyboards not working, at all.

In this instance, can I ask you to check on another machine, anything, laptop, desktop, work machine?

I suspect the keyboard is simply just dead.

Is it brand new? You seemed to have tried for a while.
    Oh! I should have added that it works for a while, then freezes my entire system up and I have to hard reboot.

Ironically enough, it works just fine on my boyfriend's mac. Sometimes it will lag for a minute but then it's fine again. He was just using it as a regular keyboard though and not using any of the G key functions, nor did he have the software installed.

I've had it for a while; it was a gift. I couldn't get it to work at first and just put it away, but it's come back up and I want to resolve this once and for all. I don't mind spending the $$ on another G keyboard but want to exhaust every other possible "repair" avenue first.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I also have my DxDiag.txt file if that would help to troubleshoot this issue.

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

I was having a similar issue where my keyboard would just stop working, but my mouse was fine, and w/e game or video i was watching was also fine. A quick fix that was simple for me, and has worked so far, was making sure that your USB devices are set to NEVER sleep. Once I changed that, I haven't had any issues with my G110.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Ok I will try that tonight! If it doesn't work, I'm just going to buy a different keyboard. I don't have time for this, you know?

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Buy something mechanical :D