+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice     submit to reddit submit to twitter

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    He was the slowest speedster for a while, it was a plot point actually. When Barry died during the Crisis, Wally's top speed was the speed of sound. It was apparently partially Psychological because he didn't want to replace his uncle and partially because he was having problems with his power. (It was killing him.) The Speed Force didn't exist back in those olden times.

And about the episode, when Bart jumped out of the pod, I couldn't help but let out an audible "Yes!" We have Tim, Bart his here now, all we need is for Superboy to get rid of the whole "I'm Lex Luthor's clone because Geoff Johns's got to insert his fan fiction into the main continuity" and life will be very good. Although, Blue Beetle may be my favorite character of the season...
    I triumphantly shouted in jubilation in response to Bart's entrance. I thought the exact same thing, we have tim and bart, now all we need is for connor to be cool.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tim mother fucking curry and what the hell at the opening

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

oh shit

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WHAT

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

God damn this show so doesn't get enough love.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

holy shit. this episode.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wow, pretty intense for TV-PG.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

God damn this show gambled super hard with the opening of this season, but I should know better than to not put my faith in DC animation.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    God damn this show gambled super hard with the opening of this season, but I should know better than to not put my faith in DC animation.
    I fucking told you dude. I told you to trust this shit. "OH GOD WHERE ARE THE MAIN CORE MEMBERS"

Just wait. This shit is glorious.

E. Body
    BG Level

Shit got real!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    No, you should know better than to not have faith in Greg Weisman. The Green Lantern show is a poorly CGI'd pile of crap, Teen Titans was "meh" on its best day, Young Justice runs on awesome.

Here is the real question from the episode...

Spoiler: show
    Why weren't Superboy and Miss Martian in on the plan with Artemis? And thank goodness that Aqualad is the mole, In The Blood is one of my least liked tropes...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    No, you should know better than to not have faith in Greg Weisman. The Green Lantern show is a poorly CGI'd pile of crap, Teen Titans was "meh" on its best day, Young Justice runs on awesome.

Here is the real question from the episode...

Why weren't Superboy and Miss Martian in on the plan with Artemis? And thank goodness that Aqualad is the mole, In The Blood is one of my least liked tropes...
    I enjoy Green Lantern, but it does look like Beast Wars era CGI.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, the GL CGI is...ew, but I actually like it okay. Nothing compared to Young Justice, though.

Honestly, having Young Justice at 9:30 and then Korra at 10 = best combination EVER.

@Septimus

As for Superboy and M'Gann being left out.. that I don't know. I'm sure we'll find out, and it's gonna suck if Superboy takes it as mistrust considering how much of a different character he is now, but I'm sure Dick, Kaldur, Artemis and Wally have their reasons. That and maybe Superboy/MM thinking that she's really dead will somehow change something or set a plan further in motion. I still think M'Gann's going to try and mindbreak Artemis in her disguise until she realizes who it is and thinks back to SB's talk about the whole 'taking it too far', causing her to change.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah, the GL CGI is...ew, but I actually like it okay. Nothing compared to Young Justice, though.

Honestly, having Young Justice at 9:30 and then Korra at 10 = best combination EVER.

@Septimus

As for Superboy and M'Gann being left out.. that I don't know. I'm sure we'll find out, and it's gonna suck if Superboy takes it as mistrust considering how much of a different character he is now, but I'm sure Dick, Kaldur, Artemis and Wally have their reasons. That and maybe Superboy/MM thinking that she's really dead will somehow change something or set a plan further in motion. I still think M'Gann's going to try and mindbreak Artemis in her disguise until she realizes who it is and thinks back to SB's talk about the whole 'taking it too far', causing her to change.
    Oh for certain, something this big has to be a plot point. I am looking forward to see why though, I love seeing how things unfold.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Been off and on with the series. Pretty good, though Joker looked way too young for my tastes.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, he looked a bit odd, but still worked out.

Ridill
    BG Level

So just got through season one. Anyone able to PM me a link to a stream or a place to download the episodes of season2 that are out? I could torrent them one by one, but I'd prefer not to.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah, he looked a bit odd, but still worked out.
    True, other than the looks/voice (to a bit, not saying it needed to be Hamill or anything) he was fairly good.

I really need to try to get caught up with the series. Sucks ass I can't browse Netflix to see if they have this (and a few other TV shows) without subscribing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    True, other than the looks/voice (to a bit, not saying it needed to be Hamill or anything) he was fairly good.

I really need to try to get caught up with the series. Sucks ass I can't browse Netflix to see if they have this (and a few other TV shows) without subscribing.
    I have to disagree. While there was something really off about how the joker was drawn, I think the character was way too serious to be a good Joker. Not saying that it has to be Mark Hamill's joker; Jeff Bennet did a great job on Batman: Brave and the Bold (mind you, a very different type of Joker), and Bender was excellent in Red Hood, but there was absolutely no whimsy or mirth involved at all with Brent Spiner's portrayal. (Either in the acting or the animation.) Even his laugh was half-hearted, which is the single most important part of anyone's performance as the Joker.

Ridill
    BG Level

I thought it was all his comments that made it a bad joker for me. I don't recall joker ever making puns about him being crazy yet just about every time he opened his mouth he was referencing his mental instability

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast