BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Young Justice

I looked around, no thread for Young Justice. I did a Google search, no thread for Young Justice. What the hell, why no love for the current best animated series on TV?

Eighteen episodes in, the show is amazing. I was a little sad that it wasn't going to be Tim, Kon-El, and Bart as the main three, but Greg Weisman is pretty much beyond reproach.

So, who else is watching Young Justice?

Blackice

I've been wondering about this one. How does it compare to say JL:U?

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

This show is great. My friend got me watching when he was watching episode 10. Right after that we watched 1-9.

Really glad this is an alternate Earth, allowing the writers to make such an awesome story.

Captain Marvel isn't as cool as the JL:U version, but he's still enjoyable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    I've been wondering about this one. How does it compare to say JL:U?
    Fairly on par with JLU. (Which is still possibly my favorite animated series ever.) I like that it is focusing on a smaller team so there is more spotlight to share for character development. (The only possible bad thing about JLU was the loads and loads of characters lead to very little development for the bulk of them.)

Quote Originally Posted by finalwolf View Post
    This show is great. My friend got me watching when he was watching episode 10. Right after that we watched 1-9.

Really glad this is an alternate Earth, allowing the writers to make such an awesome story.

Captain Marvel isn't as cool as the JL:U version, but he's still enjoyable.
    Yeah, the nice thing about them having their own Earth is that you can feel that there is a fleshed out continuity hiding in the background waiting to surprise us.

I really didn't like JLU's Captain Marvel, but he was in what I feel was the weakest episode of the series. (How did Superman have the strength to do anything considering the size and weight of that idiot ball that he was carrying. And Batman just let him do it.) I am really liking Captain Marvel's character on YJ, he is acting more like a big kid, which would be appropriate for him considering.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I keep forgetting to watch it. Last episode I saw was the memory wipe in the desert. Oh and before I forget

goddamnitshutthefuckup

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I keep forgetting to watch it. Last episode I saw was the memory wipe in the desert. Oh and before I forget

goddamnitshutthefuckup
    Yeah, her catchphrase is pretty damn annoying, one of my two gripes with the show. But if that is the worst thing on the show, they are doing a pretty damn good job.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

There's a few clips of Conan O'brien's character "The Flaming C" in Young Justice, made for Conan's show.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    but Greg Weisman is pretty much beyond reproach.
    This. Greg is so fucking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by finalwolf
    There's a few clips of Conan O'brien's character "The Flaming C" in Young Justice, made for Conan's show.
    Apparently in the last episode someone at the party was dressed up as him as well(will have to re-watch to see this myself though).

Also, I personally don't find 'Hello Megan' annoying at all, not sure what the big deal is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah this show really is great.

The continuity for a cartoon series like this is so great.

I love how they make jokes about stuff that happened a couple of episodes before. I love that kind of stuff in shows.

The show wasn't great, but it's getting a lot better. There was a long ass break around episode 8-9, but it got a lot better after the show returned so I'm thankful for that.

Animation and art are fantastic, but the story was pretty lame for a long time and the characters didn't really fit together. And no matter what, no one can convince me Megan is a good character.

I'm rooting for Young Justice, hope the second half is kinder than the first lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Phoenix View Post
    Apparently in the last episode someone at the party was dressed up as him as well(will have to re-watch to see this myself though).
    The fact that the last episode: was written by Peter David, had someone in the real Superboy costume (fucking t-shirt and jeans, what the fuck), and had Harm and Secret in it nearly caused me to die from over-awseome.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Captain marvel dressing up as a zombie reminded me of marvel zombies

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hahahaha.

Miss Martian's little catchphrase doesn't really bother me. Honestly.. there's not one big glaring issue that bothers me.. I've loved the show a ton, and yeah.. Harm/Secret thing was badass.

Best animated show on CN.. which means it won't last much longer and be replaced by more ADVENTURE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Hahahaha.

Miss Martian's little catchphrase doesn't really bother me. Honestly.. there's not one big glaring issue that bothers me.. I've loved the show a ton, and yeah.. Harm/Secret thing was badass.

Best animated show on CN.. which means it won't last much longer and be replaced by more ADVENTURE TIME.
    I doubt it'll be another Sym-bionic Titan. NOT ENOUGH TOYS, SHUT IT DOWN.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

started watching this. Klarion the Witch Boy is a major villain in The Light?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    current best animated series on TV?
    That is a bit much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Hahahaha.

Like I said, it is annoying, but that is pretty much the only complaint I have about the show. (Well, besides the Joker wasn't at all funny.)

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    started watching this. Klarion the Witch Boy is a major villain in The Light?
    I am just sad that he wasn't referring to himself as Klarion the Bum Bum Bum! Witch Boy. (For dramatic effect.) And it is odd that he would team up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    That is a bit much.
    I cannot think of an animated series that is currently being produced that is better.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I keep up weekly. Kaldur is ending up as my favorite character, I really like that theyre trying to make an aqua character useful and a pivotal part of how the group is run. Angsty superboy needs to chill the fuck out, nothing about his personality is remotely interesting. I nerd raged at it being dick and wally again, then I understood where they were coming from by saying it's a world where the DCU has only been running for 5 years.

Then flashpoint happened.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Oh and MM is just jean grey with a dumb catch phrase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast