1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WVR Leveling Guide Post-1.19

Does anyone have a good WVR guide post-1.19? Have noodled over several paths with LS friends and am still cruising through Mooglebox's updated recipe database, but not finding anything particularly solid. Currently @LV36; thinking about pushing Linen Yarn > Undyed Linen > Linen Fent to ~41. Thought about Woolen path, but if Mooglebox is right, the Cloth caps lower than the Threads :/

Sorry, haven't touched WVR in a while and am wishing I had just leveled it prior to 1.19.

Just want to mention that linen fent no longer has any use, so you'd be NPCing it all, if you're aware of that and willing to take the loss then nvm.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you farm the flax it's not so bad. was doing that and just hit 36, but now I'm switching to Ul'dah leves for cheap/fast exp.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Pretty sure I did linen yarn > cloth > fent from around 32 to 41. Bought truckloads of flax whenever I saw it < 1,000 per in wards. Now I really see no way besides spamming Uldah leves and/or farming a ton of karakul fleece.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

don't bother trying to farm k. fleece in large quantities... got 57 pieces in 2.5h... totally not worth it.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    don't bother trying to farm k. fleece in large quantities... got 57 pieces in 2.5h... totally not worth it.
    It's not too too bad, never kept track of how much I was getting but I've farmed quite a bit lately (wanted felt for gear and to sell for profit). Think I ended up w/ 150 felt so 300 fleece over the course of a a couple days. I'm on a really empty server, so at any point one of the spawns is empty.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That's all well and good but if you plan on grinding out weaver levels on stuff you need to farm, you could just use the time spent farming all that fleece doing levels instead and you'd level up faster, with less effort, and not a penny spent.

If you want money, making felt gear is never a bad idea. Farming Karakul's can be a pain, but I find it stupidly fast on THM. Like Grey said, the drop rate can be shitty, but if you're alone then you might as well take advantage of it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Denmark Holland
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Farming Karakul fleece isn't that bad really and you will need it if you ever plan on making any felt gear, but it's hard to recommend using it to grind on. I've done 40-47 almost on leves only, it's a bit slower but alot cheaper in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Denmork View Post
    Farming Karakul fleece isn't that bad really and you will need it if you ever plan on making any felt gear, but it's hard to recommend using it to grind on. I've done 40-47 almost on leves only, it's a bit slower but alot cheaper in the end.
    I did 42-47 on Ifrit, since I can never find any fucking 45 or 50 leves in Ul'dah.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

WVR doesn't have any 45 leves from what I'm told. To that as well, I believe there's only one 50 in Ul'dah.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

I got weaver to 45 pre 1.18 then just did leves because all my yarn was useless. WVR went from one of the easiest to one of the hardest crafts after 1.19 hit, and it still is a pretty useless rank 50 since WVR HQs mean absolutely nothing.

Edit: You can force the rank 50 leve by holding the ones at camps. I usually could get it 2 or 3 times in a row if I was lucky before I had to finish the camp ones.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nevermind, it was all outdated shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

• Canvas is going the way of the dinosaur, meaning you won't find it cheap if at all. I think you can still use it right now, but you'll have to make it all yourself unless you get lucky in the wards. Considering the guide wants you to use the canvas before it tell you to make any, that's going to be difficult.
    • Velveteen has been changed; it now uses Dew Thread.
    • Dew Thread's level was lowered a lot.
    These three things mean a majority of the 16~40 section is fragmented and/or invalid. I'm pretty sure the entire reason this thread was created was because that guide doesn't work anymore.

Aside from being outdated, the entire premise of making money off of that path is out the window since the vendor values were lowered and the synthesis result quantities were lowered. As someone leveling WVR right now (23), I wouldn't use that guide, but I guess people who refuse to look stuff up on their own can try to use it.

Can't believe that person didn't mention botany though. I have cotton and flax coming out my ass.

It looks like your clothcraft is level 13 right now, assuming the character attached to your account is correct. I hope you're ready for the harsh realization of what I just posted.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

God damnit.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Here is what i did mostly (dont have lv)

Hempen Yarn
    Hempen Undyed cloth
    Hempen Fent
    Cotton Yarn
    Cotton Undyed Cloth
    Cotton Fent

If i remember the order its Hempen Cotton Canvas Velveteen Linen Woolen

Im at 42 atm did 39-41 Linen Fent and 41-42 Linen Bowstring

Not a good way to make gil but a good way to turbo craft

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I looked around and i'm following this guide now: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gu...s_Weaver_Guide

Seems Legit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That guide looks good, thanks!