+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

PSN is usually updated late =/

PC demo doesnt seem to be up yet either.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    PSN usually adds things at night iirc. FFXIII-2 Demo didn't go up till like 8 pm est I think.
    Try 5~6 EST.

cool thanks

Demo won't work for me. Black screen.

edit: fixed by disable post-processing in graphics options, yay.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Steam demo up now too with tf2 pre-order items(watch it jump to the top 10 easily)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Really enjoyed the demo, slightly generic yeah but I love that appears to be taking elements from a broad range of games and improving on them. It sort of feels like what fable should've been, minus the great English voice acting and semi entertaining comedy elements. Looking forward to the full game, I love that mages feel like a valid alternative fulltime option, swinging a fiery staff around is brilliant, looking forward to seeing upgraded combos.

I like the finesse/magic combo, although I haven't been able to find any chakrams.
    Went to jail for assaulting people, then broke out and killed two red named guards in reckoning mode. Was fun.

Game definitely felt mmo-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    I like the finesse/magic combo, although I haven't been able to find any chakrams.
    Went to jail for assaulting people, then broke out and killed two red named guards in reckoning mode. Was fun.

Game definitely felt mmo-ish.
    Well they are making an MMO. most likely based on the age of heroes if you look at the timline on the website.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Really enjoyed the demo, slightly generic yeah but I love that appears to be taking elements from a broad range of games and improving on them. It sort of feels like what fable should've been, minus the great English voice acting and semi entertaining comedy elements. Looking forward to the full game, I love that mages feel like a valid alternative fulltime option, swinging a fiery staff around is brilliant, looking forward to seeing upgraded combos.
    exactly how i feel, especially the fable comment! i'm pretty surprised at how much i liked the demo, i didn't expect this game to be any good. there were definitely things i hope are fixed (sound effects seemed to screw up a lot, this is on 360) but i think this demo just made me go from ignoring the launch to possibly playing it. not many demos do that.

i will admit whenever i thought of this game or 38 studios i assumed "that jackass isn't going to make anything good" without really giving it a chance, concerning Schilling

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Has anyone encountered the following on PC demo?

All the menu command/buttons constantly toggle between PC and Xbox buttons whenever I move my mouse. If I keep my mouse stationary, they just appear as Xbox buttons. Can't even start the game from main menu or change any settings

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    Has anyone encountered the following on PC demo?

All the menu command/buttons constantly toggle between PC and Xbox buttons whenever I move my mouse. If I keep my mouse stationary, they just appear as Xbox buttons. Can't even start the game from main menu or change any settings
    Is your controller plugged in? I read that it changes automatically if you have one and it automatically changes if you use it. Maybe there is something conflicting.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Played the demo a little while ago, I enjoyed it a ton, looking forward to release. Going around that first town slaughtering Everyone was hilarious. Then I died to a wolf.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Demo is sick, until it locked up on me. Playing on brobox though, one of the older models (3-4 years ago) but this game looks and feels fantastic, can't wait to preorder now. Only question I have is when you start it up and play through enough of the demo it's like "hey, you unlocked this item, it'll be waiting for you when you purchase the full version of the game." How the hell is it going to keep track of that between the demo and the retail version?
    Those items are attached to your EA account that is registered to your PSn ID/Gamertag or Steam ID, Origin etc. It'll show up in a chest in the full retail version.

Personally was the first time I had played the game and I really liked it, people will compare it to wow however and that's really not fair. Also, hundred times better than fable.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I played enough of the demo to know it's a day one purchase. I didn't finish it, figuring I didn't need to go through it now and then again in three weeks when it comes out. I got three pop-ups for free stuff (including ME3) when I started the demo; do you get more upon completion?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

yeah you need to use up your 45 mins of time to get them

I played the PC demo got some technical issues that were very annoying like being unable to stop moving forward, sound issues and the game freezing for a second or too

hopefully those issues are not there come full retail since it was a decent RPG I could see myself playing for some time

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Those items are attached to your EA account that is registered to your PSn ID/Gamertag or Steam ID, Origin etc. It'll show up in a chest in the full retail version.

Personally was the first time I had played the game and I really liked it, people will compare it to wow however and that's really not fair. Also, hundred times better than fable.
    Oh, alright. So even though I haven't made an EA account before it just automatically associated my gamertag with the items I unlocked?

Also there's a special item for Reckoning that you get when you play the ME3 demo, which hopefully comes out before Reckoning is released.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Oh, alright. So even though I haven't made an EA account before it just automatically associated my gamertag with the items I unlocked?

Also there's a special item for Reckoning that you get when you play the ME3 demo, which hopefully comes out before Reckoning is released.
    If you have played any EA games before they have had you make an account, should have one associated to the gamertag.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So once I get the 45 mins to explore the world I have gotten every bonus item from the demo right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

the demo was very meh, and bland to me. A lot of the dialouge I played felt very rushed, and quickly put together. The same could be said for the controls, which felt fine. I've played worse. I don't think this is a contender to anything out already. If they worked on polishing the game I think it could be really good. It felt a bit like fable.