+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Title Fight [PS3] (Sony's Smash Bros Clone)

There's a lot of info out for a game that's supposed to be tightly under wraps until the 'exclusive' official reveal at this year's Spike TV VGAs. Read the links, they're very, very well organized

New gameplay details on Sony’s Smash Bros. fighter, exclusive to Paul Gale Network.

Answers to some of the most asked questions regarding Title Fight, Sony’s Smash Bros. competitor.

Title Fight developer name might be revealed soon, but for now, a few more answers.

SuperBot Entertainment is developing Title Fight. First screens, James Bond update, and more info within.

Have some photos leaked from an alleged SuperBot employee's twitter (account long since nuked from Twitter):

http://www.abload.de/img/450010426l7ehx.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/img/380394079lslf9.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Its a really great idea but i'm not getting my hopes up, even then they probably wouldn't be able to include characters I like.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

So... what. Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, SCEA Santa Monica and Japan, Guerrilla and Mm?

Kratos is the new Fox

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Who all is on everyone's wishlist for this game? I'm hoping for Lightning from FF13 but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Confirmed for Title Fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    Who all is on everyone's wishlist for this game? I'm hoping for Lightning from FF13 but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I'm hoping she's in as well.
    There was a recent commercial with a bunch of Sony characters as well as Lightning and I've read that it was supposed to be a hint for this game so... hopefully she'll show up.
    I also hope they'll get Lara Croft and Crash in there somehow... those two were PS1 mascots so it'd be weird to not have them
    Imagine Drake vs Lara quotes lol.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sounds a lot like the mixed Power Stone 2's stages together with brawl combat. However, some of the supers and character design isn't sounding very original :\ In any case, I'm sure it will be mad fun if they do it right.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Vahn from Legend of Legaia, Ryu from BoF 4, Minion from Twisted Metal, Percy from Beyond the Beyond (going into the wayback machine for that one), Maximo, and special guest character Alucard (or Richter, but I'd prefer Alucard since he has far more broken moves to exploit).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

missed a pic

http://www.abload.de/img/4108251680cykl.jpg

not that it shows much..

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yeah there's a reason I didn't post that pic lol

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

well it does confirm kratos and imply carmelita (sly cooper)

For Crossover fighting games, I don't mind the characters as long as there are fun characters to use and the battle system is fun.

*Inb4 captain obvious and captain redundant*

(Though to be fair it's nice if they include characters from not so popular games you like. It'll likely make said game more popular and therefore maybe more sequels and other stuff.)

To elaborate on the characters - in Smash Bros (for example) I never played a Fire Emblem game before but I played mostly Marth because I like his fighting style the most. While he is high tier (last I checked) I would have played regardless of the tier (except maybe bottom tier) because he has my favorite moves and attacks out of all the characters. (Also I mean casual play of course. Obviously I'll use/main Metaknight for serious play to win stuff >.>.)

So before I would have had a wishlist for SSB but now who cares because there's Marth. As long as his sword doesn't get any shorter, I'll be satisfied till the end.

Spoiler: show
    Though as a Vanille fan I am obligated to say that she comes first before Marth regardless of play style >.>.

(Though to be fair Marth is a likable character on his own. Wearing a tiara is a bonus too.)

So the point being is that for "fighting games" (at least) it matters more the play style rather than the character. Other genres where the characters are kind of cosmetic (racing games for example) I'd have a wishlist though.

Speaking of that, Dissidia was kind of the same for me too.

I bought Dissidia mostly because of the music and the extras (the dialogue from characters like Penelo's description of the characters for example, other fancy stuff). Wasn't really a fan of the battle system (wouldn't have bought if it didn't include all the music and the extras).

I played mostly Lightning (Because Lightning was not mean to Vanille in FFXIII therefore she is cool in my book) and Prishe but I probably would have played someone else if there was a specific play style I liked more (Prishe was kind of fun though). (TBH all the characters kind of felt the same to me in terms of play style >.>.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sony...making fighting games?

Yeah, I'll put faith in it when I see it. Maybe if they put out word that they have people from capcom or at least square in there. Characters from those companies are all boring too (most of the awesome characters mentioned are like....Capcom or Konami or something, not any of the listed devs), except for some from Twisted Metal. I'm all for more fighting games, but this one is going to take more convincing than SFxT gems for me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Smash games aren't fighting games. If they make it morelike TvC or MvC then I might be interested.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Smash games aren't fighting games.
    Surprised it took this long for someone to say it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fei Fong Wong would be awesome, but it won't happen D;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

needs some Marshall Law or Ratchet

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sony should hire Masahiro Sakurai for this.

I also wish Square Enix would do something like this that's not Dissidia. Would be so much win.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just got this weird shiver after thinking about how bad this could potentially be if Sony required the PS Move to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Sony should hire Masahiro Sakurai for this.
    As long as he doesn't do a full year's worth of teasing content.

I also wish Square Enix would do something like this that's not Dissidia. Would be so much win.
    They could just do another Dissidia that allows upwards of four combatants at the same time and that'd be enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I just got this weird shiver after thinking about how bad this could potentially be if Sony required the PS Move to play it.

As long as he doesn't do a full year's worth of teasing content.

They could just do another Dissidia that allows upwards of four combatants at the same time and that'd be enough for me.
    I agree. Four player support is fun. Though I'm not a fan of Dissidia's battle system so I also agree with Skai too.

There is one game that has the potential - Chocobo Racing 3DS.
    Spoiler: show
    Chocobo Racing had a really good racing mechanic too. One that actually has the potential of requiring planning and strategy and stuff ( it was pointless in CR1 because computers aren't that much of a match and a few abilities like magic up were overpowered).

Plus Chocobo Racing 3DS may feature cameo characters. Chocobo Racing (Playstation) had Cloud, Squall, Aya (well just her police car), and a few other characters which was neat. Yeah kind of off topic but really they could make Chocobo Racing 3DS into a really deep racing game if they expand and build upon Chocobo Racing 1.

But I do agree about trying a different system than Dissidia - a battle system like smash bros could have a lot of potential (no one ever bothered copying them yet?). Just make it like Melee but better.