1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -50 minutes
Closed Thread

Thread: Battle System.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Battle System.

Well, I've been playing FFXI Since release. Loved it. reason i stopped playing it was because the level cap. FFXIV.

Been playing FFXIV Since release. But i'm really disappointed... First CS in FFXI really made my jaw drop to the floor. Love on first sight, (lol) And then... i left sandy! into east ronfaure... god... My first mob i will never forget it lol a pugil. From that first fight. i knew i was gonna have a blast. Best MMO ever. ( In my opinion ) Not long after that i ran across an orc. 10 seconds later i was screaming " OH MY GOD THERE ARE 10 ORCS BEHIND ME! HELP ME SOMEONE! Well, i had so much fun. But with FFXIV. The opening scene was awesome. i thought this is gonna be a good game, Maybe it will be better then FFXI, thats what i told my self. But i just dont feel the need to play this game. in FFXI i had the urge to explore. solo mobs to see if i could beat them, improve my skills, Improve the timing of my cures. or utsusemi. Or what ever job i was playing. I just dont feel that need in FFXIV. i really dislike the battle system. It feels like i'm doing nothing at all. Just press a few buttons.

Am i the only one that want the old system back? I really loved the feeling i had back then, Explore and feel the need to explore. Really felt it. i could walk for hours exploring caves find out where NMs where hiding.

And i'm just hoping SE will change this one day.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

kk

Quote Originally Posted by Darksin View Post
    Am i the only one that want the old system back?
    For the sake of closing this topic, can we assume the answer is yes?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

only sobs around this forum i see... No biggy

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We're not sobs because you're too lazy and stupid to understand how this forum works.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

BG White Knights, Arise!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Tell me what i did wrong then Mr.Perfect

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

You might have, possibly, posted this in the wrong section. Albeit, you seem to be new so I'm sure the mods will move this thread.

I completely agree with your idea on how captivating FFXI was as compared to how dull FFXIV feels. Your post might contain some bad grammar, which the above posters will jump on in a heartbeat. But really they aren't worth paying attention to. Just watch where you post your thread, be sure to post in the right section.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think where you are going "wrong" is trying to recapture nostalgia in a new game. This isn't XI, it's XIV. You are just gonna have to accept that.

Furthermore, wanting XI's combat system is pretty batty. XI's combat system is one of the most boring in the history of mmos. Building TP just to be able to access weapon skills or special abilities was a huge limiting factor in the game. They made that same mistake in XIV, but they've loosened up the requirements for gaining/maintaining TP quite a bit since the release. The combat is much more free-flowing, but it's still less intuitive than most other games.

While you may have loved XI, it is not exactly the pinnacle of mmo-gaming. Perhaps try other games? You seem to be sticking to a brand name, which brings nothing but heartache in the end, especially where Square Enix is involved lately.

lol @ assuming that XI had a battle system worth replicating.

Get real. Grey has the right idea.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Have the same nostalgic garbage going on within FFXI itself. People crying about the "good ol' days". ->

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

IF ONLY WE HAD A RANDOM COMPLAINT THREAD FOR RETARDEDLY RANDOM COMPLAINTS.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/990...ghting-allowed.