BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I know this was posted previously, but just confirming that Quick Magic does cap at 10%.

Impatiens (2%), Dalm +1 (3%), Weatherspoon (3%), Lebeche (2%), Ogapepo +1 (3%), Witful (3%) = 16%
    Atma of the Apocalypse = +10%

Looped:
    Code:
    reraise;wait 0.6;input /heal;wait 2;input /heal;wait 2;
    29/289 Reraise casts were successful (10%). I sat and watched it for probably fifty casts to make sure it was working properly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Thx !

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I guess this means 5/5 Nightingale is still useful?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, definitely.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Diamondhide's Stoneskin effect caps at 320 HP absorbed. The BLU guide on FFXIAH lists a different formula (skill*0.6+20) than BGWiki; I'm guessing the former is correct and that skill's benefit is thus capped at 500.

Metallic Body caps at 200 HP, which also corresponds to a 500 skill cap (500*0.375+12.5=200).

Neither spell benefits from Stoneskin enhancement gear. Probably known already, but it's not mentioned on the wiki.

If Occultation has a cap, it's higher than I can currently test for.

Campaign
    BG Level

Are there some accurate tests on Frazzle/Distract around?
    The only data I could find is SE's official data.
    From this I learned the following, please correct me if I'm wrong:

• Frazzle and Distract are an exception since even if they're black magic, their potency is affected by MND and not INT.
    • Frazzle and Distract cannot proc immunobreak, but they have an innate hidden (and unmeasured) magic accuracy bonus.
    • Frazzle and Distract get a potency cap based on your enfeebling skill, likely tiered. Then additional potency can be added according to the difference between your MND and the target's

Now with the numbers SE gave us it's unclear if they wanted to give us just an example, or if it's badly worded and what they really meant is that for instance Frazzle I caps base potency at 135 Enfeebling Skill, Frazzle II at 365 and Frazzle III at 625.
    Anybody knows?
    Furthermore: we know the potency is affected by MND and not INT. But would INT still convert into macc for the spell to land? Talking about just landing chance here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What SE gave are the actual values, and INT affects magic accuracy for them.

The formula for Distract III is on the wiki, as well.

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh, I just checked Distract/Frazzle 1 because I was interested from the point of view of a job going /RDM, not RDM main.
    I guess the Distract3 formula on Wiki doesn't work for lower tiers?

Going by what is written on the Wiki I guess the data SE gave us are the caps, correct? Which means Distract3 caps at 610 skill, Distract2 at 350 and Distract1 at 125, right?
    The data on wiki is different from the data SE gave us for Frazzle though. SE reports 625/365/135 skill caps, wiki reports the same 610 value as Distract.
    Where is the error? In the data SE provided us or on Wiki?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The wiki is probably in error, but given that magic accuracy is so hard to test in fine detail, we'll probably never know for sure.

You're always going to be capped on enfeebling magic skill-based term for Distract/Frazzle I, and the dMND term is likely the same across all tiers.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I believe the info on the Distract page came from Kincard's translated Dev Notes:

Distract III (Amount physical evasion is reduced)
    Lowest value at ±0 MND compared to enemy: 0
    Highest value at +50 MND compared to enemy: 10
    *When enfeebling magic skill is 610, players will reach the highest value of -80 physical evasion. The value from MND above will be added to this.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ok so basically potencywise I'm always going to be capped for Tier 1 Distract/Frazzle, except maybe the dMND part that's gonna change according to the target.
    Good to know.
    This means that it's useless to add more Enf skill gear, for the purpose of adding potency, altough of course it's still gonna grant additional macc (chance to land the spell).

Thanks guys!

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was there ever any conclusive testing done on the damage and possible resistance reduction of multiple nukes in a short window? I did some cursory searches, and saw a cap posed of -30% damage, but can't find any testing to back it up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe it was:
    First two nukes: full damage
    Third nuke: -30%
    Nukes after third: -60%

It resets after about 5 seconds.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Eh? Pretty sure the reduction kicks in full force after the first nuke, I didn't ever sit down and test it conclusively though. More thorough testing would be very nice.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It might be after one nuke, I don't remember the test I read too clearly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

SE never mentioned anything specifically about Drain or Aspir potency beyond 500 dark magic skill right?

I was looking through the dev tracker posts and the May 2015 version update notes, where it was stated that "[t]he black magic spells Aspir, Aspir II, and Drain have had their maximum effects increased" (so not Drain II then?). This is the same update Aspir III was introduced.

As you may recall, at the time of the September 2010 version update, Aspir II was introduced and "maximum values [were] increased for certain enhancing magic, dark magic, and blue magic spells whose potency is commensurate with casting skill," which included Aspir.

So far I've been looking again at Aspir and Aspir II values at 400 dark magic skill (will provide more details later) and it doesn't look like they changed the max at 400 skill (all else being equal) compared to 5 years ago, so it seems they may have been alluding to a dark magic skill cap on potency now increased after the May 2015 update (which prior to the May 2015 update was not validated to my knowledge).

Edit: On a related note found this post on elemental affinity affecting Drain potency: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/10...=1#post6208019. (This is like Ngqoqwanb having 15% ice elemental affinity as a separate term from MAB.) Xsaeta I and Pixie Hairpin +1 effects seem to be additive (1+0.35+0.28 = 1.63 multiplier) at least as of that time (September 2014). If there is a cap on that (100%?) I don't see how it can be achieved with existing equipment (or could just test in Abyssea). So at least I can just explore Drain/Aspir potency later on.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Combined effects of scholar JP points, various equipment traits, and Perpetuance on Regen duration

Duration of Regen V + Light Arts is 108 seconds (60 + 48).

Each job point in "Light Arts Effect" adds 3 seconds to the "base" Regen duration (shown previously and easily verified)

'"Regen" effect duration +x' adds x seconds to the "base" Regen duration. Example:

Regen V (60 seconds)
    Light Arts (48 seconds)
    Coeus (12 seconds)
    Lugh Cape (15 seconds)
    7/20 JP (21 seconds)
    Total: 156 seconds

In-game timestamp (with Windower addon):
    Start 7:10:57
    End 7:13:43 (~156 seconds) (this also shows that the '"Regen" duration' on Coeus is the same as '"Regen" effect duration' on Lugh Cape)

"Enhancing magic effect duration +x" contributes to a multiplier that is applied to total Regen duration from JP, Light Arts and equipment.

Example including enhancing magic effect duration equipment:

Total Regen duration from JP, Light Arts and equipment:
    Regen V (60 seconds)
    Light Arts (48 seconds)
    Coeus (12 seconds)
    Telchine Chasuble (12 seconds)
    Lugh Cape (15 seconds)
    7/20 JP (21 seconds)
    Total: 168 seconds

Enhancing magic duration:
    Telchine Cap (+8 augment)
    Telchine Chasuble (+7 augment)
    Telchine Gloves (+10 augment)
    Telchine Braconi (+7 augment)
    Telchine Pigaches (+7 augment)
    Total: 39

Start 7:22:55
    End 7:26:49 (~234 seconds)

"Predicted" value: 168*1.39 = 233.52 seconds. If enhancing magic effect duration worked the same way as "Regen" effect duration +x, then the "predicted" value would be 168+39 = 207 seconds.

The Perpetuance multiplier is separate from the "enhancing magic effect duration" multiplier

Example:

Total Regen duration from JP, Light Arts and equipment:
    Regen V (60 seconds)
    Light Arts (48 seconds)
    Coeus (12 seconds)
    Telchine Chasuble (12 seconds)
    Lugh Cape (15 seconds)
    7/20 JP (21 seconds)
    Total: 168 seconds

Enhancing magic duration:
    Telchine Cap (+8 augment)
    Telchine Chasuble (+7 augment)
    Telchine Braconi (+7 augment)
    Telchine Pigaches (+7 augment)
    Total: 29

Perpetuance with Arbatel Bracers: 2.50 multiplier

Start 7:27:08
    End 7:36:10 (~542 seconds)

"Predicted" value: 168*1.29*2.50 = 541.8 seconds. If enhancing magic effect duration contributed to the Perpetuance effect, then the "predicted" value would be 168*(2.50 + 0.29) = 468.72 seconds. Or, if enhancing magic effect duration added +x seconds to base Regen duration, then the "predicted" value would be (168+29)*2.50 = 492.5 seconds.

If this was verified before, I couldn't find it (on FFXIAH or here).

Edit: To validate this, someone with +40 enhancing magic effect duration on 4/5 Telchine (excluding hands), Arbatel Bracers +1, 20/20 JP in Light Arts Effect, Coeus, and Lugh Cape should have the following Regen V duration with Light Arts:

(60+48+12+12+15+60)(2.55)(1.40) = 739 seconds approx or 12 minutes, 19 seconds

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did some testing on fast cast since I've seen results that have been confusing to me.

Using AM1 (60s)

Goetia Coat +2 (elemental magic delay -12%) - 57s
    Goetia Coat +2, 10% FC - 49s
    Goetia Coat +2, 20% Haste, 66% FC - 26s

The results indicate that elemental magic delay stacks with fast cast and that, for recast purposes, this term is not capped at 40%.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

More confirmation of the above

Goetia Coat +2, 20% Haste, capped FC - 23s
    Goetia Coat +2, Amalric Slops +1, 20% Haste, capped FC - 19s

Also based on this I think it's reasonable to infer that gear that reads "x skill spellcasting time -y%" stack with the Fast Cast term but I don't plan on doing any testing.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did some testing on ninjutsu recast time gear (Utsusemi: Ichi)

Shigi, capped gear haste, 63 FC - 13s
    Shigi, capped gear haste, 61 FC - 14s
    Shigi, capped gear and magic haste, 63 FC - 6s

It looks like ninjutsu and presumably song recast gear is the first step the recast time calculation and is still bound by the 80% reduction rule.