Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Geomancer needs to be on the monster's hate list for Indi-/Geo- debuffs to work. You can't have a party member claim while you have a debuff up and have the debuff apply to the monster. This applies to both Indi- and Geo- spells. You don't have to get on the hate list by acting on the monster though, casting cure on a party member with hate works. Tested with Indi- and Geo- poison.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tye View Post
    The Geomancer needs to be on the monster's hate list for Indi-/Geo- debuffs to work. You can't have a party member claim while you have a debuff up and have the debuff apply to the monster. This applies to both Indi- and Geo- spells. You don't have to get on the hate list by acting on the monster though, casting cure on a party member with hate works. Tested with Indi- and Geo- poison.
    I wonder how this works in regards to incursion and it's weird hate mechanics? It seems like everyone is added to the hate list when mobs agro. Seeing as using a self ja or action pulls the horde down on you head.

It's probably reasonable to assume geo enfeebles will take effect on incursion mob whether you do anything or not. But this should still be checked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I wonder how this works in regards to incursion and it's weird hate mechanics? It seems like everyone is added to the hate list when mobs agro. Seeing as using a self ja or action pulls the horde down on you head.

It's probably reasonable to assume geo enfeebles will take effect on incursion mob whether you do anything or not. But this should still be checked.
    I decided to test this with Fiv just to be certain. I cast Indi-Poison on myself and then had Fiv aggro 3 mobs. I ran in with my bubble and all 3 began to lose HP. No actions were taken after aggro'ing them.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's about what I figured. Good to see it confirmed. It's actually a pretty convenient for GEO. Don't have to tag everything to get enfeeebles to proc. Although, in a more general sense, having everyone on the hate list on agro is a pain in the ass.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's about what I figured. Good to see it confirmed. It's actually a pretty convenient for GEO. Don't have to tag everything to get enfeeebles to proc. Although, in a more general sense, having everyone on the hate list on agro is a pain in the ass.

i think that was the intention of SE, they wanted to stop the pld go in grab all adds and supertank stuff with ochain. Wouldnt be surprised if the trend keeps going from now on further.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i think that was the intention of SE, they wanted to stop the pld go in grab all adds and supertank stuff with ochain. Wouldnt be surprised if the trend keeps going from now on further.
    Technically, we could still grab them all with PLD. It just wouldn't be supertanking anymore. The PLD would actually have to build and maintain hate above the WHMs.

Which wouldn't to terribly hard, just annoying compared to the simplicity of supertanking. Go PLD/BLU and work the AoE enmity spell cycle. (I really wish PLD had a good Foil-esque spell.... fastcasting, self targeted, High CE spell.) Probably the worst part would be having that melee+mage mob mix. -.-;

But since you don't NEED a PLD for the content, I don't really see anyone going to the effort over just sleeping/clearing adds. Maybe the next event will get unsleepable adds. <,<;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ergon Run super tanking!

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm not sure if this will make any sense, I'm seriously ignorant when it comes to math stuff.
    My premise is that +Xskill is very similar to +XMacc, a +10Skill vs +10Macc item. The second is slightly better but they're pretty close.
    I was wondering if for classes who uses combined skills (BRD and GEO only?) this ain't true, and +10Macc is MUCH better than +10 into a single of their 2 combined skills.
    Please follow me.

Let's take in consideration White Mage (373) and Bard (373+373=746).
    So the 100% of WHM's enfeebling's accuracy is 373, whereas BRD's 100% is 746.
    Now let's take an item that adds +10 to a skill. Let's say +10 Enfeebling and +10 Singing.
    For WHM it would be ~2.7% of the overall skill.
    For BRD it would be ~1.35% of the overall skill.

Should we continue to say that +10 Enf skill has more impact for WHM than +10 Singing skill has for BRD? Does it make any sense?

And if we keep going this path, if +10 skill corresponds to roughly +9Macc, should we say that for Singing it's even less? (since Singing is just half of the final acc, whereas Enfeebling is the whole thing)

Basically that a +10Skill item corresponds to a +10Sing,+10Wind/String item. (total+20 skill combined)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Allegedly it's something like:
    * 1 Singing = 1 MAcc
    * 1 Wind/String = 0.3 MAcc.

Bard has C skills (373 base), so it is like having a 484 skill base with an instrument.

Campaign
    BG Level

I was looking for more consistent numbers. Thanks for providing them!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure about song testing specific numbers (in all the macc testing I don't think I saw brd tests) but thinking of it in terms of percent change in total skill isn't helpful as hit rates are determined purely on a difference of macc to meva (with dstat in there). So 1000 macc or only 10 a certain amount of macc/skill should have the same effect similar to how regardless of your acc a certain amount of skill (discounting skill ranges) adds the same amount to the equation. Also GEO doesn't care

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I noticed new Unity NMs failing to put their +Evasion Buffs up when Distract was on, too. Beetle & two Rocs. Also Distract doesnt seem to stack with FAINT producing a no effect, too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Diamond Storm never produced a "no effect" message on Gramk, even with the Occult Adherent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

[Element] Magic Attack Bonus Gear

I recently picked up an Archon Ring from the gobbie box and the description says "Dark Elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus"+5". Is it common knowledge that such gear is not actual magic attack bonus, but either staff bonus or affinity? Because I don't see any such information listed anywhere (be it bg wiki, old wiki, new wiki, or ffxiah).

I did some quick testing with Noctohelix on level 0 trash:

Archon + no earring = 973
    Moldavate (5 MAB) + no ring = 959

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's fairly well known. I'm surprised it never made it to the wiki. btw, most cases of elemental MAB work this way.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's fairly well known. I'm surprised it never made it to the wiki. btw, most cases of elemental MAB work this way.
    omg geo full set empy bonus: + 20 MAB elemental magic bonus depending on luopan/indi elemental you and your pt stands in! make it happen SE!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So comm rep posted this: Source
    The Rolanberry Daifuku increases pet magic accuracy, the Grape Daifuku increases pet magic attack, and the Bean Daifuku increases pet haste. Additionally, although quite minor, both Rolanberry Daifuku and Grape Daifuku increase the master’s magic accuracy and magic attack, respectively.

Quick test on -1 bunnies outside Sandy SCH/war no mab/mdmg gear. total int: 165
    Before food:
    Stone V - 1436 x5

After food
    Stone V - 1479, 1479, 739, 1479, 1479

So gives 3MAB
    They weren't joking about low mab.

Campaign
    BG Level

Two quick questions about Soul Voice, if you guys know if this has ever been tested and if there's reference somewhere:

1) FFXIclopedia reports Soul Voice enhancing debuff songs magic accuracy (or chance to land, or whatever it is). Is this true? Has this been tested, verified and quantified?
    2) Which song potency value gets doubled by Soul Voice? Basic value only? Or does it include the potency from Merits, Instruments and Job Points? In other terms: is the SV double potency effect applied at the end of the formula (i.e. after everything has been added), at the beginning (i.e. before any additional value gets added) or somewhere in between?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The magic accuracy buff has never been quantified (since it's magic accuracy), but it's massive enough that there's a 0% chance that it's a placebo effect. It can bring Lullaby from a near 0% stick rate to a 100% stick rate on sleep resistant Tenzen battlefield Tarutaru (the black mage, I think?), for example.

The final value gets doubled. If you have +5 Minuet, 10/10 minuet job points, 5/5 minuet merits, Minuet V will give you +94 attack, which translates to +188 attack under Soul Voice.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I didn't know Soul Voice had a magic accuracy buff. The taru in the Tensen fight resisted my lullaby with soul voice up until I used troubadour.

By the way, the blm isnt immune, even withount troub and sv, he's possibly to lullaby if you threnody him, use chr etudes on yourself and cast it a few times in max m. Acc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast