+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just spent a few hours testing Boost:

Monk Main:
    Your current attack delay is tripled, with a minimum of your weapon's original delay, and reset. When your delay is up, you make one attack, which has 100% accuracy and cannot multi-attack.

Boost multiplies the damage of your next physical hit by 820/256+STR/400, and multiplies TP gain (after all modifiers) by 400%.

Monk Sub:
    Your current attack delay is tripled, with a minimum of your weapon's original delay, and reset. When your delay is up, you make one attack, which has 100% accuracy and cannot multi-attack.

Boost multiplies the damage of your next physical hit by 444/256+STR/400, and multiplies TP gain (after all modifiers) by 200%. Sneak Attack's bonus from DEX and Trick Attack's bonus from AGI are applied after Boost.

I forgot to test if Boost still raises attack, and won't be testing how Boost+ gear affects the damage and TP gain multipliers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Addendum next physical attack is next melee attack round but also includes chi blast, offensive flourishes (though not exactly sure what the effect is on the ones that don't deal dmg) and jumps. Though haven't tested the dmg changes on violent flourish and jumps so could be like ws where it consumes but does nothing.

Doesn't work at all with ranged attacks ( in fact you get the can't shoot yet error if you did it while engaged but not if you aren't), ranged/magical ws various bash jas, qd, Run effusions or blu physical spells which were all the non sp ways of dealing dmg that weren't casting regular spells

Random super fun facts.

Equipping a 999 delay weapon with no haste or anything makes it damn near a 1 min wait lol. But I got 828 tp from the attack just /sam no gear.

Also if you kill the mob before the timer is up you can reengage but then you just free attack like normal and it will wear off and do nothing. But if you switch target will work like normal.

If you have fantod up boost will have no effect and fantod will overwrite boost

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Someone on OF reported that his 99DRG/23MNK saw a pretty static +200dmg on his jumps. Probably more w/ a fully leveled sub.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So with 999 delay weapon no haste I'm getting 51 seconds... almost looks like it's figuring time then rounding and multiplying by 3 or something

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So with 999 delay weapon no haste I'm getting 51 seconds... almost looks like it's figuring time then rounding and multiplying by 3 or something
    Wondering if there's maybe a base duration that weapon delay x3 gets added to. 999 delay alone would be 49.95sec, so.. maybe it's adding the minimum h2h 96 delay? If it's factoring in the base 480-MA+200 in addition to weapon delay, that would be 63.95, which wouldn't match up easily.

It would actually make sense if they just added weapon delay to the minimum 20%/96 since that seems like that would be the simplest way to implement something like this. And if you change "with" to "added to" in Fwahm's post above, he says the same thing. XD Just noticed that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Just spent a few hours testing Boost:

Monk Main:

Boost multiplies the damage of your next physical hit by 820/256+STR/400, and multiplies TP gain (after all modifiers) by 400%.

Monk Sub:

Boost multiplies the damage of your next physical hit by 444/256+STR/400, and multiplies TP gain (after all modifiers) by 200%. Sneak Attack's bonus from DEX and Trick Attack's bonus from AGI are applied after Boost.

I forgot to test if Boost still raises attack, and won't be testing how Boost+ gear affects the damage and TP gain multipliers.
    Addendum to Boost properties; when using H2H, it takes the damage and TP gain of both punches next round into account, not just the first (or equivalently, the multipliers are doubled when using H2H). The same does not occur when Dual Wielding, which only considers the main hand's attack.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I tried to nail down the effect of Boost+9 on Anchorite's Gloves +3 and couldn't replicate the original findings to the degree of accuracy I would need in order to tell wtf they are doing.

With Sneak Attack:
    307 STR, Godhands, Rajas Ring, no Boost: 1381-1403 damage, 74 TP (matches prediction)
    293 STR, Godhands, Rajas Ring, Boost: 10333-10511 damage, 598 TP (damage is lower than prediction and TP is higher)
    307 STR, Godhands, Rajas Ring, Boost+9: 10418-10803 damage, 598 TP (Damage was still lower than prediction and TP was higher)
    288 STR, Barehanded, Boost: 2003-2033, 408 TP (Damage was lower than prediction and TP was higher)

Anyway, I don't know exactly how much but Boost +9 seems to increase damage slightly. Frankly, the revised ability is even worse than the original and it's not worth the time to test.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I tried to nail down the effect of Boost+9 on Anchorite's Gloves +3 and couldn't replicate the original findings to the degree of accuracy I would need in order to tell wtf they are doing.

With Sneak Attack:
    307 STR, Godhands, Rajas Ring, no Boost: 1381-1403 damage, 74 TP (matches prediction)
    293 STR, Godhands, Rajas Ring, Boost: 10333-10511 damage, 598 TP (damage is lower than prediction and TP is higher)
    307 STR, Godhands, Rajas Ring, Boost+9: 10418-10803 damage, 598 TP (Damage was still lower than prediction and TP was higher)
    288 STR, Barehanded, Boost: 2003-2033, 408 TP (Damage was lower than prediction and TP was higher)

Anyway, I don't know exactly how much but Boost +9 seems to increase damage slightly. Frankly, the revised ability is even worse than the original and it's not worth the time to test.
    Try w/ a club/staff? Might be easier to figure out what's going on if you don't have to account for the oddities of H2H.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Embolden Potency Mechanics

This may have possibly already been known, but I didn't see anything on the embolden page about it, so I'm posting.

Was messing with my Embolden Phalanx set, debating between more potency and higher duration, and got a urge to test it to see if I was actually getting the calculated potency.

Turns out I wasn't.

I thought I'd have a -86 embolden'd Phalanx. 34 base+17 in gear= 51. then *1.7 for master RUN embolden. 86.7, floored to 86.

Cept it turns out it doesn't work like that. Tested on 1k needles and I had a -74 dmg phalanx.

Embolden's enhancement applies to the base buff. before stuff like Phalanx+ gear.

So it's (34*1.7)+17=74.

This also applies to Stoneskin,(705 rather than 782) and Protect(sheltered effect is just added on the end.) Also happens with protectra V, but the numbers get a little screwy and don't quite match up. not sure why. something to do with the merits I guess. But it's still clear it's not applying to the full value.

TLDR:Embolden's enhancement applies before "Buff"+ gear like Phalanx+ or Stoneskin+

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Inspiration fast cast and recast reduction

It's come to my attention that the fast cast buff from inspiration doesn't follow normal fast cast rules in regards to recasts reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by BG wiki fast cast page
    *Casting Time reduction cap is 80%.
    **Thus, Fast Cast's maximum contribution to recast reduction is 40%.
    Inspiration fast cast doesn't seem to follow this rule when used in conjunction with FC gear.

Did a test with 80% in fast cast gear, and 26% haste. No magic haste.

Ustusemi: Ni recast, 20 seconds.

Popped vallation with 5/5 merits and Futhark legs. + 60% fast cast.

Ustusemi: Ni recast, 10 seconds.

Since the recast contribution for fastcast should have been capped at 40%, due to the 80% FC cap, this should have done nothing.

Furthermore the change in recast is consistent with having 140 FC(or 70% recast reduction.)

base * haste * fc reduction
    Test 1: 45*0.75*0.6=20.25
    Test 2: 45*0.75*0.3=10.125

I welcome any corrections to my math, seeing as I didn't even realize that FC recast reduction was a separate step from haste reduction till I did this testing and the numbers didn't make sense. I thought you just added up all the reductions. /fail.

This would seem to imply that Inspiration breaks the fast cast cap, so I did a series of tests on casting time. Nothing intensive. I just added some code to my lua to record os time on the precast and aftercast of my spells then use those to give me a casting time. Going from 80% casting time reduction to 100% should be pretty noticeable I'd think.

After doing some control and inspiration up tests I couldn't see any difference between the two beyond normal packet jitter. I didn't record the cast time values, since it seemed pretty clear the casting time cap wasn't being exceeded.

Just to make sure the recast thing was something unique to inspiration and not a change to normal FC mechanics, I also did a short test on WHM/RDM. cast reraise with 80% FC and 19% haste for a 29 second recast. Added 14% more FC, but still got a 29 sec recast. So this does appear to be Inspiration specific.

My last test was to see if this would allow recasts to be reduced by more than 80%. Capped magic haste, kept 80% FC and 25% haste equipped. Under these conditions Ni recast was 9 seconds with and without Inspiration. So this does not exceed the global cap.

TLDR: Inspiration Fast Cast exceeds the normal recast reduction caps for Fast Cast.This does not apply to casting time caps, and cannot bypass the global recast reduction cap.

Basically what this means is that RUN can have very nearly capped recast reduction without any haste buffs at all. Or when you have Haste buffs, you don't have to use as much FC gear to get the same recast. This is particularly nice for enmity spells like flash and foil, as it lets you stack full enmity gear with no increase in recast time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edit: decided to make new topic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some additional testing on SCH's Celerity/Alacrity in the same general vein as #140, as discussed on Discord:

Impact base recast: 120s
    No Fast Cast, no Haste
    With Dark Arts, Alacrity, and Voidstorm:
    - Expectation if Argute Loafers are additive: 120 * (1 - (.1 + .4 + .1)) = 48s
    - Expectation if Argute Loafers are multiplicative: 120 * (1 - (.1 + . 4)) * .9 = 54s
    Actual: 48s
    Argute Loafers are additive with Dark Arts and Alacrity.

Stun base recast: 45s
    Stun minimum recast: 9s
    With 87% Fast Cast and 51% Haste from gear and magic:
    - With Dark Arts: 9s
    - With Dark Arts, Argute Mortarboard, Scholar's Loafers: 9s
    - With Dark Arts and Alacrity: 9s
    - With Dark Arts, Alacrity, Argute Loafers, and Voidstorm: 4.5s
    Argute Loafers allow the entire Celerity/Alacrity bonus to break the recast reduction cap. Argute Mortarboard does not do something similar.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some testing on Sacrosanctity

Sacrosanctity wears off upon taking magic damage of any kind (very easy to see but not previously reflected on wiki), but I wanted to find out whether or not it wears off when getting hit for zero. The answer is: Yes, Sacrosanctity wears off upon being hit with a magical attack, even if the damage is 0, even if that's before Phalanx and Stoneskin.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Since I didn't see it posted anywhere: Intervene lowers the target's accuracy and attack to 1.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Positron View Post
    Since I didn't see it posted anywhere: Intervene lowers the target's accuracy and attack to 1.

I don't think it was, so thank you for updating the wiki.

Funny, I think Intervene just came up with Martel on the podcast, to the tune of "I don't think anyone tested it."

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just be mindful that there's a slim chance that an NM's 2h works differently from the player version

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Confirmed across 8 kills in the past 2 weeks that when Perfidien and Plouton change element, the color of the SP dust cloud is the element they are strong to. Therefore, the "key to victory" is two elements above the color of the cloud. For example, if the cloud is light blue (Ice), the boss is weak to Water. One thing I noticed is that the Water-colored cloud is very faint, almost looks more gray than dark blue. A couple times I couldn't tell what color the cloud was supposed to be, and both of those times the key to victory was Earth.

Unfortunately, probably no hope for an accessibility update for this content like there was for Divergence.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Determining SDT/MDB with Swipe/Lunge?

While trying to determine the exact formula for Swipe/Lunge with one rune I noticed my numbers were just slightly off the suggested formula on a level -1 bee in south gustaberg. I adjusted by adding 1 MAB because as far as I can tell mastered RUN99 has no MAB barring subjob or gear.

Once adding +1 MAB the numbers lined up perfectly, though I did have to adjust the formula by adding +1 skill.

My proposed formula for Swipe and 1 rune Lunge is as follows:

floor( floor( ( (Mainhand weapon skill + 1)* (0.5 + SwipeBonus) ) )*SDT) + MagicDamage

where Swipe Bonus is Lunge+ gear (aettir, soulcleaver have +10 each) or job points + which cap at +20 in percentage form in x/256

where SDT is the SDT of the element in percentage form in x/256

Do note that there are other magic terms I'm not listing like resist, magic burst, etc. My tests didn't include those as a baseline. The targets I chose can't cast shell or aren't known to have MDT.

in a test where I believe I solved a level 10 Amethyst Quadav having 11 MDB using the following variables:

SDT = (332/256) -- assumed to be 130% SDT to thunder
    Mainhand weapon skill = 656
    SwipeBonus = (51/256) -- 20% from 20/20 job points
    MagicDamage = 0

crunch the math with the following:
    floor(floor((656 + 1)* (0.5 + (51/256))))*(332/256))+0 = 595.

Damage should be 595 if my MAB = their MDB, this Amethyst Quadav is a WHM which should have MDB 1 trait for +10 MDB

10 MAB:

We're off by 5 damage here...

11 MAB:

Spot on. This coincides with mobs having a base of 1 MDB, and players having a base of 0 MAB.

Can someone check my work here? It seems we can solve for elemental SDT and MDB on any target due to the fact that barring resist, factoring in MDT/phalanx etc, Swipe and Lunge do static damage.

Also, some additional bonus facts about Swipe/Lunge that are not listed on the wiki (as of this post)
    * Does not give TP (tested with charm)
    * Is blinkable by shadows
    * The rune selected for Swipe is always the newest one
    * The visible animation selected for lunge is either the last rune used or the highest strength rune if you expend 3 runes (2 ignis + 1 gelus = fire animation, even if gelus was used last)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did some more testing based on input on FFXIAH, thread here

alright so, after poking on the listed lizard

1) it does not have SDT
    2) swipe is not effected by resistance rank
    3) my formula was wrong, and I think I fixed it.

I switched to Epeolatry which is stronger than the great axe I was using, plus it has mdamage which helps confirm things..

new proposed formula:
    floor((floor((Mainhand weapon skill + 1 )* (0.7 + SwipeBonus))+Magic Damage) * magic terms)

This needs no additional MAB. It seems I did wrongly assume the "bee" page on bg wiki was giving me 130% SDT for fire, hence that 1.3x bonus in the OP.

floor(floor((709 + 1)* (0.7 + (51/256))+186)*1.00) = 823
    add 1 MAB:
    =floor(floor((709 + 1)* (0.7 + (51/256))+186)*1.01) = 831

and testing on a wind elemental...

switch to greataxe:
    floor(floor((656 + 1)* (0.7 + (51/256))+0)*1.00) = 590
    add 1 MAB:
    floor(floor((656 + 1)* (0.7 + (51/256))+0)*1.01) = 595

(I switched to +1 MAB in this shot for the second attack)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Radec seems to have solved this properly.

(Main-hand weapon Skill * (100+JP)/100) × (0.50 + 0.25*Runes + ((Gear?) ÷ 100) ) × Magic Multiplier Term

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag