Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's hard to control for since I need to kill different shit for each trial, but I've kept the level range ~ the same. Did lizzies in Kuftal for 75 and robber crabs in kuftal for 80. Neither I think resist wind. People I've asked that have 99 version say it procs extremely often but upon getting it, 8% doesn't really seem "extremely often". Was hoping for 15-17% proc rate or something of that nature. Does excal's proc rate increase?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't parse but there was nothing noticable

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Rune Fencer gets Auto Regen II at 80. And I can confirm what someone else posted in the RUN thread, that is Rune Fencer gets Auto Regen III at 95.

I'm having issues getting an accurate number but as RUN87, I believe I'm getting 4TP/parry. Given that everything RUN-related seems to be a multiple of 5, I'd say the latest I got Tactical Parry III was 85.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Rune Fencer gets Auto Regen II at 80.
    You sure? Because when I was lvling in abyssea I had it at lvl 68. Also just seems they would go lazy route like they did for alot of this stuff and make semi equal progression from 1 to 2 as 2 to 3

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You sure? Because when I was lvling in abyssea I had it at lvl 68. Also just seems they would go lazy route like they did for alot of this stuff and make semi equal progression from 1 to 2 as 2 to 3
    I'm not 100% sure, but I definitely don't remember having it at 77.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not that it's a massive deal of help but I can confirm it's still only auto-regen I at level 60.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If my early numbers on Tactical Parry were accurate, there is no tier increase from ~87->99. Still getting 4TP/parry.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Umbrils:

- Pop at night (20 to 4, like undead).
    - Are not undead.
    - Aggro to magic and sound.
    - Take roughly doubled damage from Fire and Holy elemental attacks.
    - Are resistant to melee damage (around -50% PDT?)
    - Spirits Within seems to do full HP damage to them: We were doing Snowcap Umbrils for my never-dropping ooze, and or PLD was consistently doing Spirits Withins of 1500. Actually, maybe, I'm not sure, they were all exactly 1500, one surely was. Maybe they take full HP damage from breath attacks?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Went out to test your Umbril dilemma and these were the values:

1525HP
    Heat Breath: 1524 DMG (Expected due to flooring)

1530HP
    Thunder Breath (Had to ES this one): 1032 DMG, which is expected when using Rena/Proth's Thunder Breath formula.

The 1500 is quite high for spirits within though, so perhaps non-elemental attacks receive a bonus? Perhaps he used divine magic and received some sort of bonus?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If it's any help, they resist Requiescat down to double digits.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, he tried Spirits after seeing how crappy Requiescat fared.

As for any buffs that could have affected SW performance... Well, we were PLD THF SCH, he pulled with Flash or DE Flash if possible, I tossed a Pyrohelix, then he just straight tanked it while the THF added TH and at arund 50% HP I finished them with Fire V. Shield Bash, Sentinel, etc were used when appropriate. He would SW as soon as he had TP, and with his HP in the 1500-1700 range, that should do at most... 300 damage? Not even that, in theory, and he was around 1500 the whole time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That's actually problematic!

However, I can confirm Taim's 2x Spirits DMG. I used BLU with 300% TP and with 1499 HP, the DMG was 1404 (Double the expected DMG). Going to bring out the BLM and meteor this bitch since that's the onry other elementless dmg I can remember atm.

Edit: Meteor did 1.4k DMG. Doubt the thunder SDT atm, but need to do another check.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm... Probably I didn't pay attention to the PLD's TP and he actually used SW at 300 TP or close, because if not, I witnessed a 3-5x boost to SW damage, not 2x. Did you try SW at 100 TP, Yugl?

In any case, the fact that SW is boosted, and not other breaths nor other non-elemental attacks is puzzling. Isn't Chi Blast non-elemental, too?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

SW was with 300% TP.

Cair said formless dmg was normal, but I can try chi after this quick thunder check.

Looks like double Chi Damage with 780 DMG? Nine boosts, so 0.5*9 = 4.5

4.5 + 1 = 5.5 for Boost Bonus

93 MND

(93)(Rand)(5.5)

Rand is between 512/1024 and 1024/1024, so the damage had to have been boosted (ha!) at some point.

Looks like the reason is light damage? Radiant Breath just did 880 damage with 1545HP at LV99. A bit strange since the damage should be 882 DMG, but that's double damage nonetheless. Did another check though and did 882 DMG as predicted, so maybe the extra HP appeared from some equip or set spell. So this would meant Spirits Within is light damage, but just ignores the resist multiplier?

Edit: JP I'm testing this with says his carb didn't do much more dmg. Perhaps light breath only? I don't think holy is light breath and that has done 2.7k dmg though. Just checked with Banish III and still seems to be double dmg, so light dmg does affect every type of spell then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I definitely don't remember having it at 77.
    Just synced myself to 78 and had 2 regen so you definitely had it at 77

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Edit: JP I'm testing this with says his carb didn't do much more dmg. Perhaps light breath only? I don't think holy is light breath and that has done 2.7k dmg though. Just checked with Banish III and still seems to be double dmg, so light dmg does affect every type of spell then.
    PLD Enlight, RNF Lux rune, Lunge with Lux runes and Luminohelix also does duble damage. Fire damage is treated the same: Fire nukes, Pyrohelix, Fire Runes and Lunge with Fire runes, all double damage.

Spirits Within being Light elemental but ignoring resists seems like the most believable hypothesis so far.

Oh, and the PLD confirmed he was holding to 200+ when doing SW, so it was just double damage.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

So if an Aern dies while in the summoning animation, if it reraises the pet will immediately pop. Now that that's out of the way, there's a line on bg-wiki on the Treasure Hunter page which states:

• The effect is not thought to be removed if the mob becomes passive and regenerates.

However, today, I have evidence to refute this claim! (actually, a while ago, but I keep forgetting to post it) Screenshot is during campaign battle, but Treasure Hunter procs seem to work normally in there. I had campaign tags on, so I was ineligible for drops (Fiendish Leechkeepers being the only monster I can think of in Campaign which can drop items w/o tags), however anyone who's done Campaign knows that Leechkeepers have a notoriously short attention span and are rather quick to deaggro. Enough time has passed that I've forgotten the exact circumstances, I was probably THF/WHM and judging by the fact I'm sub WHM, under lv70 too.

Anyways, enough rambling. If the monster goes passive, Treasure Hunter level is reset. I didn't want to make the edit personally w/o some sort of explanation/proof etc. etc.

Spoiler: show

tl;dr if the monster goes passive Treasure Hunter level is reset.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I can attest to that claim as well. I leveled THF to 99 for the sole purpose of soloing Shinryu for Twilight Mail(0/40+ at the time). I would go in at piercing time with regain atmas and apoc as THF/SAM. I would sekkanoki+WSx2 and try to get a few more WS off before dying to see if the proc was dagger before I popped Brew. In any case, most times I would engage, I'd get a TH8 proc in the first few hits, the interesting this is, after he wiped the floor with me and I reraised outside of his aggro range(using clipper), I would invariably reproc TH8 the next time I engaged him.

SE alluded to this back at 75 cap, before TH procs existed, during an interview when they said a THF need only be on the hate list for TH to work. None of that "THF needs kill shot, or needs to keep damage up for TH). THey also alluded to the fact that if a THF died or homepointed, TH would be lost.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    THey also alluded to the fact that if a THF died or homepointed, TH would be lost.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/50199

Q: Do multiple instances of Treasure Hunter in a single party increase the chances of a drop? When exactly does the effect of Treasure Hunter take place?
    A: When more than one member has Treasure Hunter, the player with the strongest version will have theirs take effect for the party. The effect comes into play as soon as the Thief generates enmity from the target enemy. Even if the Thief dies, the effect remains.
    Norly.

Will update the wiki though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's not something as simple as deagroing and going passive though. I used to farm SSR1 for gil, and as long as I kept some form of DoT on LAC the TH wouldn't reset during Charm periods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag