Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I kind of forgot about stun because well it's almost always short. Maybe I should say that short when other versions aren't. So tried it in pvp. Landed once for about 2 seconds then failed 3 times in a row. Mind you this was with a no armor player vs a full 119 HQ bird with around 53 macc.
    To be clear, you got Pentapeck's amnesia to proc? How much petTP for each use? During your testing, did you allow enough time to pass to avoid resistance build-up? I would absolutely LOVE to be able to file a bug report on it if we can confirm that it's maximum duration is 3sec on an underleveled target, and non-existent on ilvl DC+. lol

What you mean like slug move? Because that one definitely is 2.
    Yes, like the slug, but both of it's moves could count. I expect Purulent Ooze to be two debuffs, but Corrosive Ooze's Atk/Def-33% seems like it could easily go either single or split method for debuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    To be clear, you got Pentapeck's amnesia to proc? How much petTP for each use? During your testing, did you allow enough time to pass to avoid resistance build-up? I would absolutely LOVE to be able to file a bug report on it if we can confirm that it's maximum duration is 3sec on an underleveled target, and non-existent on ilvl DC+. lol
    Yes but like I said 1/4. Used <1k tp but with +800 tp bonus. Really hard to judge such things as time but it was over 30 seconds between each. Can't say that's the max it's probably somewhat variable but with terrible resist rate comparable to say how blu spells would be on even way under 99 mobs with ilvl stuff before they fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Yes, like the slug, but both of it's moves could count. I expect Purulent Ooze to be two debuffs, but Corrosive Ooze's Atk/Def-33% seems like it could easily go either single or split method for debuff.
    Ah forgot both it's moves. Well the hp down and bio are definitely 2 actually did some testing awhile back on which element it was for resisting the hp down while bio still went. Not sure about the rest but anything with def down is going to have a separate 1 from def down as they've all been tested to not stack with other def downs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yes but like I said 1/4. Used <1k tp but with +800 tp bonus. Really hard to judge such things as time but it was over 30 seconds between each. Can't say that's the max it's probably somewhat variable but with terrible resist rate comparable to say how blu spells would be on even way under 99 mobs with ilvl stuff before they fixed it
    If you are still in this testing mode, can you record results from a few 3000TP ones? If we show evidence that even at it's best potential, it's nearly non-functional on what should be a trivial target, it might help push a bug report thru.

Ah forgot both it's moves. Well the hp down and bio are definitely 2 actually did some testing awhile back on which element it was for resisting the hp down while bio still went. Not sure about the rest but anything with def down is going to have a separate 1 from def down as they've all been tested to not stack with other def downs.
    Good point.

--------------------

Something I came up with.. How viable do you guys think it would be to test dbox, BST+BLM, have BLM pop Mana Wall and intentionally get charmed? >.> Are there any damage variables in Dynamis like there are in PvP content?
    This should give me a solid ~5min of testing time using Cthuuko as a punching bag, with ~50% testing uptime, compared to the 60min cd on the shield.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe tomorrow. I'm playing with Levi now.... and just realized I dun goofed my last test. Turns out Dunna has loupan dt. Whoops. Will have to rework the math tomorrow. Probably same MAB but will effect the base dmg and maybe make the one that didn't work work

Shouldn't be too hard to get charmed with a bst nm. Dynamis shouldn't have anything but no idea if being charmed might have something since stout servant and all. Not sure that will matter really since any direct dmg is easily tested on mobs and debuffs wont care about dmg variables. Might be a good way to avoid the weird building resistance thing pvp has though. Also really out there but for any jug that is level 90 or under could also do monstrosity for testing

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Maybe tomorrow. I'm playing with Levi now.... and just realized I dun goofed my last test. Turns out Dunna has loupan dt. Whoops. Will have to rework the math tomorrow. Probably same MAB but will effect the base dmg and maybe make the one that didn't work work

Shouldn't be too hard to get charmed with a bst nm. Dynamis shouldn't have anything but no idea if being charmed might have something since stout servant and all. Not sure that will matter really since any direct dmg is easily tested on mobs and debuffs wont care about dmg variables. Might be a good way to avoid the weird building resistance thing pvp has though. Also really out there but for any jug that is level 90 or under could also do monstrosity for testing
    I have no plans whatsoever to test any non ilvl jugs. SS should actually help Mana Wall last for the full duration actually, so it'd be a good thing. Damage numbers have already been mapped out for ilvl jugs, but all of the heavy effect related testing was pre-ilvl on non-ilvl jugs, so most of the AEs have not been tested/reported so far. I'll give it a shot later.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    On a different topic, does anyone happen to know if WS type mob physicals can crit (without Mighty Strikes)?
    Bump.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bump.
    I'd assume they are bound to the same rules as we. That only certain moves they have would crit outside of MS just like Evis or CDC do and Reso doesn't.

Who knows with this wonky game though.

Why? Get KOed randomly? If anything one move that comes to mind for criting be the turtle stomp on neo Genbu. You can take it fine then sometimes, suddenly it is: bam.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm talking about WS type physical attacks, like Gallu, Ironclad, and Mantis normal hits, not mob WSs.

I was just curious after Gramk's Mighty Strikes make me wonder if they could crit without such a buff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm talking about WS type physical attacks, like Gallu, Ironclad, and Mantis normal hits, not mob WSs.

I was just curious after Gramk's Mighty Strikes make me wonder if they could crit without such a buff.
    I think you are confusing people with the way you are terming it. You are meaning the special type melee auto attacks that some mobs have right? Not sure on the critting though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How is that confusing? That's been a common way to refer to them for years, and WS-type physical attacks are literally reversed from physical-type WSs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean I got you but several people didn't in a row so... it's not like they are universally referred to as such either and not everyone pays that close attention to word order or thinks it's intentional.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

< Didn't get it. ><;; Missed the era of the game when they were common + cared/talked about I think. Would've helped if you include an example.

Anyway, I could swear I've gotten crit'd by mantids before, but not like I actually have proof. :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So whoops forgot dunna had loupan dt so instead of 53% I had 58%. Without showing all the steps again.

Still fairly sure on 190 mab (only thing that works with the 4 targets non weather but 192 worked on some parts) though weather numbers are being slightly off. Thinking maybe the formula might not be in quite the right order or again maybe mab/mdb are separate steps? Idk testing so old not sure how correct something that precise. Anyways

Waterja base dmg: 803/4

Grandfall base dmg: 716/7

Probably going to retest some of my bases first before I mathing out the data I have on regular. Like maybe my base mdb and/or dt is wrong but in case not here this is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Holy crap, Falkirk is already DONE with testing jug pet debuffs. O_o!!

Link here to full list on FFXIAH.

LOL@35minute Shakeshroom (which does exactly nothing to mobs.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does anyone know if overcapped gear haste counteracts Slow+ on gear? Let's say you have 40% gear haste and equip a piece with 10% slow. Do you still have 25% haste, or 15% haste? Same with magical haste. Say you're getting soul voice marches, bolster indi-haste etc. and have a metric ton of haste, for example purposes let's just say 100%. An NM casts a 25% Potency slow on you. Do you still have 43.75% magic haste or 18.75%?

I'm not sure if Slow/Haste are additive/subtracted with eachother, like if the game adds your haste and slow together (40 - 10 = 30 in the game example, then caps it to 25%) or if the game basically goes 40 - > capped to 25 -> then slow +10 -> 15%
    (I'm aware it's in 1/1024 fractions in reality but the question remains, just giving examples for simplicity)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been meaning to post this for awhile lol. But Martel you are right definitely possible for a move to be effected by dt and not pdt, mdt, or bdt.

So been testing Nether Castigation from recent ambuscade. Mostly what decreases it.

2 frame autos with the same gear dt took the exact same dmg every single time but different dt dmg differed so from that we know dt effects it and it's unresistable/unmissable fixed dmg

Varied pdt/mdb-no change

Can't vary my autos mdt/bdt directly easily so did that via comparison with a cor mule whose m/bdts I varied while the autos maintained 33 gear dt. Stout servant is another 9 and sharpshot frame is supposed to be another ~12.5 for a total of what should be 54.5% dt

First test no dts on cor
    cor-67070
    autos-39822

Approximate damage reduction ~ -40.6%

2nd test with cor having +6% mdt and -6% pdt and 1 auto having another 10% dt
    cor-2600
    auto1-1289
    auto2-1543
    Approximate damage reduction ~ -40.6% and 50.6

3rd test with cor having -10% bdt
    cor-18773
    autos-11146
    Approximate damage reduction ~ -40.6%

So is effected by dt but not mdt, bdt, pdt or mdb. Weird no damage type dmg. Also notice how the automaton dmgs don't line up how I thought they should which I'll discuss in the pet thread

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nvm.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Deleted.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Slow from Dazzling Dolores' Bad Breath is 300%. Oof.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sundering Snip from Cracklaws does 60% your max HP, and is magic damage (reducible by MDT and can be blocked by magic absorb/nullfy gear).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag