Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hmm, they could have ninja'd the tier II/III in with the 91+ caps.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    JPWiki has DNC having Conserve TP IV at Lv.97
    link to this jpwiki?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So decided to play around with pet haste on bst. Use the frog since it doesn't DA/TA and I'm manually parsing. Seems to have ~ 200 base delay (29 attack phases in 98 seconds).

Went in with 57% haste (moepapa, mke hat, 2% on adaman feet, and familiar +af2+2 legs and the 35 from omnipotent, Cobra commander and ascending one atmas), got 45 attack rounds in 97 seconds which comes out to ~ 130 delay or 35ish haste.... not exactly the most conclusive but looks like either gear haste cap is 35 or it's 25 and familiar + af2+2 augments counts as magical or ja haste

Edit: went back same thing but no familiar so 47% haste, 25 attack rounds in 63 seconds which is about 150ish delay which is about 25% haste. So yeah looks like 25% haste gear cap pants count as non gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Decided to play with automatom haste for pup same method for testing.

Capped gear/atma ~ 25% delay reduction
    Overdrive ~25% delay reduction
    Turbo Charger with 3 wind ~ 25% delay reduction

gear + TC ~ 25% delay reduction

gear + TC + OD ~ 50% delay reduction

So gear caps at 25% turbocharger and atmas count as gear haste . And OD counts as non gear (could further test if it's ja or magic but meh).

Well guess this could rearrange gearing/manuevering since they count the same

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Decided to play with automatom haste for pup same method for testing.

Capped gear/atma ~ 25% delay reduction
    Overdrive ~25% delay reduction
    Turbo Charger with 3 wind ~ 25% delay reduction

gear + TC ~ 25% delay reduction

gear + TC + OD ~ 50% delay reduction

So gear caps at 25% turbocharger and atmas count as gear haste . And OD counts as non gear (could further test if it's ja or magic but meh).

Well guess this could rearrange gearing/manuevering since they count the same
    Murzim head plus either pantin +2 hands or Omodaka legs give +10% automaton haste, which means you'll cap with one wind maneuver. I imagine you'll want to use one over the other situationally. If you throw in all 3 with a moepapa stone, you can hit 24% without doing a damn thing.

If someone has access to this setup, I would be interested to see what effect optic fiber light maneuvers have on the charger (light light wind would put you at +34% haste, more if the charger does something special)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's interesting that the charger counts as gear. But I dunno about using Murzim or Omodaka over Cirque in those slots. If you use Omodaka you lose a whole half a level of MA trait (-10 delay). Using Murzim you lose +3%DA and +5HTH (depending on your build this might affect your damage rating). They're both small hits to your own damage to increase puppet's haste. You might be better off just using +2 Pantin hands and Moepapa 9% and writing that 1% haste off as an overall boost.

If you were stacking gear haste with the charger it'd totally be worth giving up some of those other bonuses for straight up increased puppet performance. But it looks like all you're doing is using it as filler for your 1-wind charger boost.

=edit for some clarity

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Confirmed the 25% piercing damage for Botulus using cactaur. I guess I can infinite replenish using delete > apply, so I guess some piercing tests are good to go.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Legion (Piercing):
    - Hydra 25% resist
    - Corse 50% resist
    - Ixion 50% resist (Front; likely PDT)
    - Turtle 50% Resist (This is PDT using another test, not Damage Type)
    - Amphitere 12.5% bonus

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Playing with Ameretats in Aht Urhgan and noticed the ones I was holding waiting for weather would regen health while my back was turned. Obviously they have En-Drain but the proc rate is pretty low and they weren't exactly hitting me.

I knew the Jet Seraweels NM had some crazy regen if fought at its spawn but I didn't know it applied for all Ameretats. I was lucky to have one spawn nearly on top of me and immediately move something like 35' away. I wanted to see how big the the Regen radius was so I pulled with range to see if it was based on spawn or claim (considering my experience with Jet Seraweels was back when it was first released and camped for money like ninety years ago).

This is a really long post to say Ameretats have a extremely potent Regen when they're within ~25 of their spawn point (was 1% HP regenned about every 2 vana'diel minutes so it's probably 1%/tic).

Now you know. I don't think something this insignificant was ever reported, so congrats world. (I actually just checked BG-Wiki's notes before posting so lol '~' that is, the exact "Regen radius")

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ig Alima BDT: (160/256) or 62.5%

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjx49zv3m...Damage%20Taken

First two tests used 1485HP and the latter two used 1475HP. Used LV55 PLD stats (Skills) with LV75 COR.

Edit: Checked and this is correct. Abunubu or w/e has 50% BDT.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    ... 35 or it's 25 and familiar + af2+2 augments counts as magical or ja haste ...
    Going to say since you used a JA, Familiar, its JA haste. equipping af2+2 just increased what familiar does.

same thing for Overdrive... JA haste.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since bluffalos are so easy to find at EM and used for tested decided to find there int. blizz v with no mab or other bonuses with 100 int did 902 dmg. So 68 int

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Checked these using Abyssea:
    1. Marid, Orobon, Purple Wyverns, and Wamouracampa have 12.5% PDT
    2. Amoeba has 25% resistance to piercing and 50% resistance to non-H2H blunt

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjx49zv3m...%20PDT%20Check

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjx49zv3m...%20PDT%20Check

The first folder shows general piercing DMG. With 1k needles, you check 1000/#mobs and see deviation. With Nama's the NQ DMG is 6945 DMG, so use that to see deviation. I took the reductions seen there to create secondary checks with Weapon Bash. Weapon Bash does 15 DMG with LV49 DRK sub. If you see deviation from Tomahawk DMG, that's due to Damage Type specifically. If you don't see deviation (or see 13 DMG), that's due to PDT. The reason 13 worked out to PDT is because the original reduction was usually 12.5%, so if this weren't PDT, you would expect different damage when reducing that term.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Testing Gungnir's def down proc rate. I only have the level 75 version but I'll be parsing the proc rate till I get to 99. Right now it's 9% proc roughly(8.70%).

1092 hits, 95 procs. The first 500-600 hits had a 12-15% proc rate but that was in Abyssea. The last 500ish hits were outside Abyssea on Terrigan lizards. People anecodtally said the proc is higher at 99. Some relics get their special trait enhanced i.e Ragnarok's Critical Hit Rate gets "Enhances Critical Hit Rate IV" by 99. Amano/Bravura/Gungnir/Mandau don't get visable tier increases but that doesn't mean they don't get proc% increases, just might mean they're not viably shown on the item description. I want to believe the non rag weapons get a boost to their special attribute/added effect so I'll be parsing gung's def down proc with each tier upgrade.

Also not sure if the proc rate on relic additional effects bypasses mob resistence or not. I'd like to believe they do because that'd make them more useful. Things like acid bolts hardly proc and I'm sure take into account the target's level and elemental resistance/m.eva. Hopefully the relic added effects bypass that shit though since these added effects are supposed to compensate for relics not getting shit like what rag has what with the crit bonus and all. :/

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I highly doubt it bypasses mob resistances judging from Apoc blind procs.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Gungnir(75): 1092 hits, 95 procs. ~8.6% proc
    Gungnir(80): 470 hits, 61 procs. ~13% proc

Possible that it fits the same progression as Spharai/Ragnarok, but still too early to tell. Sample size of the 80 trial is a bit small but I have 230 more crabs to kill tomorrow before I get Gungnir(85) so I'll get a few hundred more hits to contribute to the 80 version. My hypothesis is that all the relic special attributes(restore MP/Crit)/additional effects(Choke/Blind/Def Down) proc rates grow with the relic level, not just the ones that have roman numerals after them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Gungnir(75): 1092 hits, 95 procs. ~8.7% proc +/- 1.7%
    Gungnir(80): 470 hits, 61 procs. ~13% proc +/- 3%
    Can Gungnir's Defense Down proc over itself? If it can't, your proc rate will be affected by your haste level, killspeed, etc.

Also, Kirschy already showed that Apoc's Blind proc rate doesn't increase as it levels up, iirc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It can proc over itself. Also I think it can only proc on the first hit of a round as I haven't noticed it procing more than once per round nor has it proc'd on subsequent hits of a round after the first i.e Zanshin/DA/TA/QA. I wonder if relic ODD & Additional Effects, and Relic ODD & AF3+2 set effects are mutually exclusive? Can you get the 2x/2.5x/3x damage relic proc and an AF3+2 set proc on the same hit or a Relic 2/2.5/3x proc on the same hit that adds Blind or Def Down?

I haven't seen Kirschy's data, I'd like to see it. That would be kind of lame if weapons like Rag and Spharai can improve their bonus with each upgrade but Gungnir/Amano/Mandau just get higher DMG and additional Accuracy/Attack which Rag/Spharai gets anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd gotten excals additional effect and Xdmg on the same hit before. I've also gotten excals additional effect on all 3 hits of a triple attack proc... in fact iirc I don't think I ever procced just 1 or 2 hits of it.... made KoR trials very difficult when you'd do like 5k in an attack round so enlight was a must.

Also another thing that might effect your proc rate numbers since it can resist did you keep the mob lvls and mob type the same?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag