An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Random Facts Thread: Traits and Stats (Player and Monster)

New thread to make searching easier.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Thief does get Triple Attack II at some point. It's 6% TA. I've done four parses now that have shown this, but I didn't like the first three. Two of them had single DA rounds that can't exist probably due to delay being too low. The third was the difference between 5 and 6%, so my statistics weren't really valid and it was coming out to like 5.7% so I couldn't trust it. The one that finally convinced me is this:
    * 5809 Attacks / 4761 rounds, 11.01% TA rate (5/5 merits) +/- 0.89% with Cobra Staff as a 99THF/BLM.

All four parses pointed towards a 6% TA rate, but I stubbornly didn't want to believe SE would only give +1% TA for Triple Attack II. In retrospect, it kinda matches up with WAR's Double Attack II. 10% -> 12% = 5% -> 6% in terms of a boost.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Also, I've been playing around with Fencer's Crit rate boost too. Summary thus far:
    * I can't use it to force a 100% crit rate in Abyssea
    * It doesn't appear to depend strongly on dDEX.

My second test technically excludes the possibility of a separate process that I postulated last time, I think.
    * If the Fencer "separate Crit Rate" process is 10%, then you'd predict a 32.5% Crit rate for the second parse. Outside the confidence interval.
    * If the Fencer "separate Crit Rate" process is 11%, then you'd predict a 19.9% Crit rate for the first parse. Outside the confidence interval.

There are a few ways I could continue to address this problem (like stacking crit gear), but none of them seem very worthwhile considering how much time/annoyance they'd take and how useless this job trait is. If Fencer I is 5% Crit rate, I'll just assume the progression is 5%/6%/7%/8%/9% and leave it at that. CDF didn't say what level/job he was on when he parsed against a Hpemde to determine Fencer's crit rate (it was before the discovery of tiers, I think) and also didn't exclude 5%, so I should probably re-do it tonight.

Masamune

How about the TP bonus evolve with tiers ?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

20%/30%/40%/45%/55%

I was hoping to correlate Fencer TP Bonus and Crit rate, but it doesn't look like it works out. Crit rate is probably 5%/6%/7%/8%/9%

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Flame Skimmer has 30 MDB. The more you know~!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

A friend (Kellanved) reported that Conserve TP cannot activate if you have Save TP. So /DRG with Aesir Earring and an elemental belt (probably a 38% Conserve TP Proc rate) was never activating when he had 20 Save TP.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phafi Flailspike
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

apperently holy 2 with divine emblem can give amnesia (this was without holy circle)

edit: holy 2 was what claimed it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A note on the DE holy II amnesia effect. It seems to only work on undead mobs. Lasted about 25 seconds.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Interesting. Does it do that without DE? Seeing as how DE works with all Divine Magic I wonder if it gives a debuff to all Divine Spells under its effect. I can't see why anyone would use Banishes or Flash under DE when Holy/Holy2 will do more damage and create more enmity. My Holy II with the right MND/MAB and Divine Skill gear and capped merits does nearly 2k to almost everything except the toughest VW mobs, it's awesome!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Also doesn't seem like it lasted very long...like 10 seconds? Also I noticed your Excalibur's proc. Might you have the 95 version? You should test the DE+Holy II again without engaging just to rule out the possibility that it's not a new property of 95 Excalibur's additional effect on undead.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tried the Holy II amnesia thing after seeing Phaffi's SS. Seeing as it worked for me, it's not related to Excal. I also tried DE holy 1, just to see if it did a debuff too, but nothing. Tried Holy II without DE as well, and nothing.

So. You only get the amnesia effect with DE+ holy II, and only vs undead mobs. Also I had time stamp up during this. The amnesia lasted about 20~25 seconds each time.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm trying to figure out all of Shinryu's magic defence and offence related stats.

Shinryu has 70 MDB (MDB = 1.7) -- deduced from using Quick Draw on Shinryu

Diabolos (SMN avatar) has 40 MAB at SMN99 (MAB = 1.4) -- Nether Blast does 707 DMG on starter area mobs

For SMN99...
    Nether Blast vs. target with no magic defence properties = 707 DMG -- (5 * 99 + 10) * 1.4
    Nether Blast vs. target with 70 MDB should = 415 DMG -- (5 * 99 + 10) * (1.4 / 1.7)
    Nether Blast vs. Shinryu (wings spread out) = 77 DMG
    Nether Blast vs. Shinryu (wings folded in) = 53 DMG

Quick Draw does the same damage on Shinryu for all 6 elements, and damage doesn't decrease when Shinryu changes to wings folded in stance.
    So Shinryu's wings folded in damage reduction property isn't (or shouldn't be) MDB.

1000 needles I haven't had any luck landing on Shinryu

For RDM99...
    Bio III (D=100), with 28 MAB from RDM99 (MAB = 1.28) = 128 DMG, if a mob has no magic defences.
    Bio III cast on Shinryu did 4 DMG repeatedly...

More info on my talk page if anyone's interested in trying to figure out Shinryu's stats

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I don't see it on wiki I've always noticed lower dmg from dark/light element against shinryu. As for 1000 needles I'm not sure it would land with brew full macc gear/atmas and ES lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm currently trying to determine if Shinryu has SDT for Dark element.
    My Quick Draw tests should rule out SDT for Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Thunder and Water.

He could also just have very high resistance for dark element too.
    I'm going to throw some comets at him to see how it differs to other elemental magic spells.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah iirc my sanguine blades and Vidohunirs did alot less than expected. To the point when I did it on blm I think it just became better to cast nukes lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've thought of an interesting way to test Shinryu's INT using dINT caps for spells...
    eg. Blizzard IV, V=506, M=2, caps at D=2114 (dINT=804)

With Primeval Brew, casting Blizzard IV did 13305 dmg...

My MAB = 10.7 (BLM99 trait + Twilight Cloak + Moldy earring + Atma of the Full Moon + Primeval Brew)
    Shinryu's MDB = 1.7 (my initial plan was to cancel out his MDB using my MAB of 1.7...)
    804 * 2 + 506 = 2114
    2114 * (10.7 / 1.7) = 13305.76

Next I cast Impact with same setup (Darksday):
    Impact did 4726 dmg, and should have reduced his INT by 20%...

Now I cast Blizzard IV again, and it still did 13305 dmg again, even though Shinryu's INT should be lower now.

I already knew Blizzard IV cap values, it was already listed on my talk page.
    So my Blizzard IV was only affected by his MDB, meaning Shinryu doesn't have any MDT- in his wings spread out state.

This also means Shinryu's INT is lower than or equal to 195... (999 - 804)

Another interesting thing is that when he absorbs spells, his MDB isn't nullified, his MDB still reduces the amount of HP recovered.
    This happened with Quick Draw, Comet and logically in hindsight, every other spell I've cast on him.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

OK...

Shinryu's wings folded in stance is definitely calculated after MAB / MDB, and from one test so far, it looks like it's calculated before Ebullience (the same place as TMDA...)
    The reduction value is either exactly 0.7 or the simplest form that works if using binary system... 45875/65536 (16 bits, at least...)
    I doubt anyone wants to destroy the TMDA term by changing it from /256 system to /65536, so I'll assume it's a new term between MAB / MDB and Ebullience... :P

Shinryu almost definitely has SDT for dark element = 1/2.
    Bio III in the tests on my talk page were all 1/16 resists without brew.
    This is achieved with: SDT{Dark} = 1/2, Standard Resist = 1/8

I had also continued casting Bio III after using a Brew, and all the casts were 1/2 resists.
    This is strong evidence showing INT having a very big effect on Bio III initial damage magic accuracy.

Now if the same is true for MND and Dia III initial damage magic accuracy, then Shinryu almost certainly has SDT for Light element = 1/16 (possibly 1/8).

I won't post any more magic calculation stuff here, I'll try to put all the data in my talk page soon.

Shinryu's stats (so far...)

INT = 113 -- Impact reduces this to 91
    MND = 102
    MAB = 2.4 -- aka: 140 MAB
    MDB = 1.7 -- aka: 70 MDB
    SDT {Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Thunder, Water} = 1 -- no reduction
    SDT {Dark, Light} = 1/2
    TMDA = 256/256 -- no reduction

"Shinryu wings folded in stance" = 0.7 -- new magic damage calculation term

Edit:
    Shinryu doesn't have as much SDT for Light element as I thought.
    (It seems either: the base accuracy must be much lower for initial damage of Dia spells than for Bio spells, or 999 MND doesn't help Dia the same way as 999 INT helps Bio...)

Shinryu should have an SDT of 1/2 for Light element damage.
    Shinryu also has 102 MND.
    I've changed/added these to the list.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I thought that TMDT was a straight fraction like weather bonuses, so 0.7 could function as TMDT?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

TMDA ("Damage Taken-%" and MDT-%) is the term Shell comes under.
    I'm pretty sure I first learnt out about it being /256 from this forum somewhere.

See the "Calculating Magic Damage" wiki page: wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Magic_Damage#Target_Magic_Damage_Adjustment

I'll try and test the exact place for this new term later tonight, as it's somewhere between MAB/MDB and Ebullience in the following:
    MAB/MDB > Goetia +2 set bonus > TMDA > Ebullience
    See also: wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/User:Mougurijin#Order_of_Calculation...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag