Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tested the defence of Shinryu's wings folded in stance some more.
    It looks like it is calculated after Goetia +2 set bonus... sadly...

I was hoping it would be before, so that I could list exactly where it goes.
    So it's calculated either:
    -- between Goetia +2 set bonus > TMDA
    -- between TMDA > Ebullience

Unless there's some way of reducing/increasing a targets MDT% ?, or casting Shell on a mob?, then I doubt it's possible to find out which side of TMDA it's calculated...
    Not that it even matters for Shinryu anyway, but maybe there are other wyrms or NMs with a similar defensive stance?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Kalasutrax perhaps.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, I didn't know about the Naraka mob family at all.
    I don't really know much about VNM though, and they don't look like they'll just stand there and take it either...
    It also doesn't look like they use Shell or have an additional MDT adjustment move, so it probably wouldn't help for me anyway.

I was hoping someone would say about some method of increasing/reducing a targets MDT, but I've looked around and now I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Tomahawk, but you can't use that while on BLM. Well, maybe not even that against a Shell-Like term. It depends if it is Shell-like or Piercing-resistance-like.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ooh, Tomahawk looks pretty interesting.

Well I've fought Shinryu with brew as WAR99/SCH49 once so far...

Tomahawk didn't affect the damage of tier 2 elemental nukes when his wings were spread out.
    Tomahawk also didn't affect the damage of those same spells when he changed to defensive stance either.

So, Tomahawk had no effect on MDB or Shinryu's defensive stance, whereas it should've had an effect on his defensive stance if it really was Damage Taken -%
    Something I want to try though is using Tomahawk on Shinryu's Mighty Guard ability, however he's not being very co-operative so far...

Edit:
    OK, Mighty Guard doesn't even affect Magic Damage, at least not while Shinryu is in his wings spread out stance.
    Both wiki and otherwiki say it should:

BG wiki: "He has a weaponskill Mighty Guard, he will gain a large reduction to physical and magical damage" (https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/The_Wyrm_God)

Otherwiki: "Restores Shinryu's HP and grants it Regain and damage shield effects. The damage shield completely nullifies damage from spells and standard melee attacks. Shield lasts for 1 minute." (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Shinryu)

Also, I've confirmed his SDT is 1/2 for Dark and Light, and no SDT for the other elements.
    Cycling through all eight helix spells a few times while using Brew is a pretty safe way to test SDT.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well completely reduces is way wrong. But the few times he's gotten it in when I'm brewing the ws right after it is decently lower. Enough where he actually survives it usually but the one after that is normal dmg

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is that magical WS damage too, or just physical?

I was spamming tier 2 elemental spells and the damage was exactly the same before and immediately after he used it, so I would rule out it affecting spells.
    Maybe it could effect magical damage from WS though? but otherwiki specifically says it affects spells...

Edit:
    Hmm, I forgot about something else... otherwiki also says this about Mighty Guard:
    "Weaponskill damage bypasses the shield."

So that's even more confusing...

Edit:
    I guess if Mighty Guard even has a shield effect at all, maybe it is something similar to Sentinel's Scherzo?
    If that were the case, then maybe my tier 2 nukes doing around 3,000 damage to his 60,000+ HP could just have been too weak to be affected?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idk about phsyical mostly cause they generally suck and dmg varies so wildly but I meant wildfire mostly. I guess it could've changed stances really fast and I didn't notice with it moving around alot but yeah. Also the timing would be weird some of the times but I always thought that might be lag so when it said I ws before it was really after. Who knows maybe it only last a second or is based on hp cure as some kind of anti brew ws thing lol. I'm doing it a bit again now so I'll try looking at logs when I fight him

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I doubt it's just that it just lasts for a second, and I landed Aero II only a few seconds after he used Mighty Guard.
    Shinryu had also absorbed a couple of spells before he used Mighty Guard.

I've been trying to use fraps as much as possible when testing.
    I wish it were really quick and simple to just post the actual video somehow...
    Instead, here's the chat log from the video of the fight, using the moment events appear in the chat log and the timer on the video:

Code:
    Me: WAR99/SCH49 + Brew, no MAB gear/atma
    cINT = 999
    MAB = 900 (10.0)

Target: Shinryu
    tINT = 113
    MDB = 70 (1.7)

Day = Lightningsday

Stone II capped D = 268 --> * (10.0/1.7) = 1576
    Water II capped D = 321 --> * (10.0/1.7) = 1888
    Aero II  capped D = 379 --> * (10.0/1.7) = 2229
    Fire II  capped D = 443 --> * (10.0/1.7) = 2605
    Blizz II capped D = 511 --> * (10.0/1.7) = 3005

Time	Spell		Dmg
    ---	---		---
    2:06	Blizzard II	3005
    2:15	Fire II		2605
    2:25	Aero II		2229
    2:32	Blizzard II	3005 HP
    2:36	Fire II		2605
    2:46	Aero II		2229
    2:54	Water II	1694  (Lightningsday)
    3:00	Stone II	1576 HP
    3:07	Blizzard II	3005
    3:12	Fire II		2605
    3:18	Aero II		1566  <-- No idea how yet, only just noticed this!
    3:25	Water II	1888
    3:32	Blizzard II	3005
    3:36	"Shinryu readies Mighty Guard"
    3:37	Fire II		2605
    3:42	"Shinryu uses Mighty Guard."
    3:42	"Shinryu regains HP."
    3:49	Aero II		2229
    3:56	Blizzard II	3005 HP
    4:12	Aero II		2229
    4:20	Luminohelix	529
    4:22	"Mougurijin uses Tomahawk."
    4:32	Blizzard II	3005
    4:43	Noctohelix	1064 HP
    4:58	(Shinryu starts diving)
    5:01	(Shinryu wings folded in, changed to defensive stance)
    5:19	Blizzard II	2103
    5:34	Aero II		1560
    5:39	Fire II		1823
    5:49	Blizzard II	2103
    6:03	Luminohelix	370
    6:16	Anemohelix	744
    6:33	Hydrohelix	666  (Lightningsday)
    6:46	Blizzard II	2103
    7:06	Ionohelix	819  (Lightningsday)
    7:27	(Shinryu does a twirl)
    7:30	(Shinryu wings spread out again, changed back to default stance.)

After this brew wore off, for the second time, and I died.

For the other spell values and the full calculation order, see my talk page.
    (Absorbed spells are affected by MAB and MDB, but NOT affected by SDT or Resist)
    Edit:
    The only explanation I have for that 1566 dmg Aero II, is that Stonega IV may have given it's caster an extra 72 MDB on top of his 70 MDB, just for Aero II...
    Shinryu's Stonega IV landed at 3:01, and Aero II at 3:18 was affected, but Aero II at 3:49 wasn't.
    So maybe tier IV -agas give +72 MDB to the caster, MDB only for the element that's strong to the element of the tier IV -aga, and this effect lasts at least 17 seconds but less than 48 seconds (or just for one wind spell), and maybe it only happens for Shinryu?

Every other explanation is far more unlikely, except maybe because "Quick Magic" from Apocalypse atma proc'd on that cast it somehow screwed with the damage calculation...
    However, the Blizzard II just before it at 3:07 was also a "Quick Magic" proc...

Edit:
    Repeated tests for the theory in the previous edit haven't produced the same results. The damage wasn't reduced after tier IV -aga -- so that theory isn't correct.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm Sentinel's Scherzo theory is interesting. I don't think I specficallly remember it working on other weaker ws. Or maybe other wiki had it sorta right... just ya know exactly opposite of how it is lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure exactly what lvl but it appears bst get's another tier of stout servant. 455 dmg to pet 500 to me from 1000 needles ~ -9% dmg

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

As WHM/SCH with Light Arts active, I gained enhancing skill level 365,366,367, but my enhancing skill level stayed at 420. The 420 is in idle gear, which does not contain any +enhancing gear. That might be the soft cap for Enhancing Magic skill, for a WHM, with Light Arts active.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't light arts just raise your skill to B+ rank enhancing for main job lvl? Meaning it's not based on your actual skill. So your base skill changing shouldn't affect your light arts skill at all.

btw, 420 = 404(lvl99 B+ skill) +16(merits)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes that is exactly what it does. That being said it doesn't completely automatically do that. If your base skill is much lower (like D rank skill cap or lower) it will take it to B- I think and if it's higher than B+ cap light arts will have no effect. For example my bst/sch goes to 386 while I think on say rdm it would just go to 420 until I finally start skilling up my rdms enhancing magic lol.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bugul Noz (Mandragora NM at Aby Altepa) has between 64,297 ~ 64,504 HP (unless his level varies).

I one-shotted him on BLM with Blizzard V, for 65,612 dmg, could have done more if Hailstorm hadn't worn off and if it was Iceday.

The next fight I decided to see how close he was to surviving that cast.
    I did 54,867 dmg (Blizzard V), then 9,429 dmg (Blizzard II) [=64,296], then 209 dmg (Stone) = 64,505 damage total.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For testing info:
    EM (lvl 99) Bluffalo in Aby-Uleguerand have 516 defense and 118 vit
    T (lvl 100) Bluffalo have 521 defense and 118 vit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From a post by Mocchi this morning:

Mob: Ig-Alima
    Level: 120
    Attack: 1059

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Why must they give us the attack and not the defense....

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The entire post is about the benefits of defense. A quick google translate should explain the rest (Though they go into more detail about it than the NA version). The overall point they want to make is that they gave DEF to Gallant's Roll in order to be effective against high attack NMs. Assuming they provide average values, this goes give an accurate LV/ATT/DEF sample.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

~New Jump Ranges~

Jump/Spirit Jump: 9.5'(Unchanged)
    High/Soul Jump: 11.5'(Improved)
    Super Jump:; 12.5'(Improved)

Was kinda hoping for a 15' ability like voke but oh well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag