Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Random minor tidbit I remembered for some reason or another when we BST trio'ed a Black Abyssite: Kenesu was using Crude Raphie on Yilbegan, and Raph appeared to be immune to the doom from Soul Douse. The possible reasons for this:

1. Crude Raphie is immune to Doom
    2. Crude Raphie resisted the Doom but not the HP-down, and having the HP-Down applied prevented the Doom of subsequent douses from taking effect. It sure seemed to last a long time though.

Because Yilb seemed to mostly use Soul Douse when being tanked from the front by Raphie, it became a much easier fight. Could be something for later reference or other Zilant dragons that the HP-Down will prevent Doom if that's found to be true.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think 1 is more likely than 2. You know how Yilbegan occasionally pops in turn to face target mode? Although it's believed that this can be caused by moving him off his pop point. But anyway, I was with group where he popped like this, and he was soul douse spamming everyone. I survived several consecutive soul douses, via holywater spam. But considering the chaos, and all the dead mages, I really doubt anyone had time to erase my HP down. And I was definitely getting doomed every douse.

Could go test on the Zilant in WoE I suppose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Most pets are extremely resistant to most status effects

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Next time I get a black abyssite I can test this. I've had a terrible conversion rate, Yellow>Black: 7/30

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Mortal Ray can kill Raphie, but he will resist it now and then too, so nix #1.

Soul Douse is very likely an all-or-nothing, kinda like how Spectral Jig's Invisible will fail if you still have Sneak up.

It was a nice surprise anyway and made Yilb very easy. Hell, probably soloable with the same sort of luck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Red Mage Relic Legs+2 Spike Damage Enhancement (Oh ya, we're getting borin'):
    Must the pants remain equipped for the duration of the effect or only during casting to receive the damage bonus? Has anyone ever tested the bonus from Mercenary's Trousers?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They must remain equipped. Never tested the Mercenary's trousers though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    They must remain equipped. Never tested the Mercenary's trousers though.
    If they must remain equipped, how does that work? It takes into account your current INT, or the INT you had when you first cast the spell? If it just takes the INT when you first casted the spell into account, wouldn't it be more simply defined as a percentage damage increase over the normally calculated base damage?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I never looked into that since the other person would recast each time (He has to adjust his INT when using legs+2). I only knew of the answer because I didn't have to change gear for my own tests. However, I can assure you that a percent increase wouldn't make sense. I found some images from the test (I deleted preliminary ones since I didn't think people would cared lol).
    Spoiler: show

You can see the damage change and that's obviously not due to resist/weather/etc. Since my INT never change between NQ/HQ legs, I can't say whether original or new INT is used. However, my guess is that the bonus is based on current INT since the damage changes when you equip/unequip the piece.

Edit: My guess is that the top image is at capped INT and 200 MAB.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Orunmila's Torque Rare Exclusive
    Neck
    MP+30 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    Enmity-3
    Lv99 All Jobs

The Fast Cast effect is 5%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if mentioned before but was trying to use self destruct to test some stuff and yeah it definitely ignores mdt/mdb. However it was effected by bdt.... also on top of that for some reason after 10 of them falcoor had 9 1/8 resists and 1 1/2 resists

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Seemingly, breath damage and "fixed" damage moves share the same DT term (Or they're the same; I asked SE to clarify and received no response). As for your particular outcome, Falcor seems to have a 1/2 SDT and the nine (1/8) resists could be (1/2) SDT and (1/4) normal resistance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It might just be I didn't do enough. Took me around 40 breaths from balaur to get a full dmg one. So might just be really high resistances. Still didn't see any 1/4 dmg reductions though. But if it's a capped resistance issue that isn't too unlikely with that sample size statistically

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Players gain elemental resistances as if they had a C rank. So at 99 a player would have a base resistance of 373(it used to show in the menu but SE made it so that it would show 0 unless you add resistance through gear/barspells but behind the scenes players have a C rank in resistance that increases each level.

In any case, that's for players...pets might have higher, especially for elements they're strong/neutral vs.

Also makes sense that self destruct is breath. Breaths are based on HP, so self destruct would count as a breath. It's never been tested but I'm 95% confident Spirits Within is also a breath and so is Mijin Gakure. You know I bet there isnt' 'spirit' damage, spirit damage is probably just non-elemental breath damage I bet. Would explain why mobs that heavily resist breaths also take similarly reduced damage from Spirits Within/Chiblast.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah they definitely resisted alot more and alot bigger resists then the 3 characters I had out eating dmg too. Even with barspell from a meh whm. Gunna make testing things on the pets just that much harder lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Bst pets definitely have much higher base resists than players, even for elements they aren't necessarily strong too. Pets rarely take full damage from anything, and have significantly higher resist rates to debuffs as well, including additional effects from TP moves that are generally very accurate. Dischage from salvage chariots for example lands paralyze on me probably 95% of the time, while I see a "faithfulfalcorr is paralyzed" in log associated with it maybe 1 in 10 discharges.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty sure I've seen it resist meteor which I thought wasn't possible lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Where is the Magic Evasion info on BG-wiki coming from? No reference links to be seen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The links are on the related pages. Look on the macc one. It looks pretty similar to what is on other wiki and same sources. Though iirc otherwiki went a little more in depth and might have had another source or so

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Found them, thanks.