Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The counter vs shield issue on the test server has made it to the real servers. The shield block check on counters appears to have been completely removed. Further, the DMG from counters appear to be unblockable.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did some (very quick) Ikarigiri test (the nin wind katana from legion); so far, the proc rate seems low, but the effect cannot be resisted and cap at 50 tp reduced (reduced from 0-50 tp on EP farm) and always did 50 on Qilin/ Provenance Watcher.

Gonna try to single wield it w/o double attack to find the proc rate %, anyone know if those kind of weapon can proc on DA or not ?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Did some (very quick) Ikarigiri test (the nin wind katana from legion); so far, the proc rate seems low, but the effect cannot be resisted and cap at 50 tp reduced (reduced from 0-50 tp on EP farm) and always did 50 on Qilin/ Provenance Watcher.

Gonna try to single wield it w/o double attack to find the proc rate %, anyone know if those kind of weapon can proc on DA or not ?
    It can probably proc on DA, but it's not necessarily true. Reducing up to 50 TP is badass. It would be funny to see someone single-wield that Katana and solo monsters with mean TP moves, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tested Ikarigiri proc rate in sky on groundkeeper and flamingo.

Did both single wield/dual wield w/o any da/ta gear.

Proc rate is <1% on both, unless something affect it greatly or I got a very unlucky sample (did like 350-400 att for 3 proc, parsed att round with kparser), so unless stat or w/e affect it, nin not gonna solo stuff single wielding that

Thumbs up friend!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just tested antias mitts for the zanshin rate, it appears to be ~1%, from 731 missed first hits I got 8 double attacks

Was on 99pup/blm using a staff and nothing but haste/pdt gear

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I've noticed I frequently resist addle on bst/dnc with the "resist!" message. Does resist slow or amnesia trait double against addle?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I've noticed I frequently resist addle on bst/dnc with the "resist!" message. Does resist slow or amnesia trait double against addle?
    Amnesia, IIRC.

A while back I had a Sipahi Jawshan made after reading it was possibly +5% crit hit rate, putting it into motenten's SS, with 5% would make it one of the best abyssea ws bodys for ukko.
    Decieded to head out to abyssea and test it, Razed Ruin, Gnarled Horn, Thrashing Tendrils, (no dark depths), 5% from merits, and 11% in gear before body = 96%
    managed to get a none crit after ~170 swings, dont have any extra crit rate gear to pin down its exact +crit rate, but the fact that its <4% means its pretty much crap

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So you used the NQ? Which weapon were you using and what job were you on? (Fencer)

Was NQ, using quint spear, gear was claymore grip (+3), ravager head (+3), nefarious collar (+3), seiryu kote (+2) and nq body = 96% before body
    I'm currently testing with dies irae (+10), seiryu kote (+2) and body = 97% before body
    so far no none crit hits

*edit* just had a non crit hit

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I guess this is the best place to put this? idk. Need to spread awareness so it's more than just me putting in official reports for this, it's getting ridiculous now.

In regards to the accuracy of certain additional effects on weaponskills and blue magic, my post from FFXIAH:

My current hypothesis is that it has something to do with the way that certain additional effects resist. Currently I've only documented defense down, blind, and accuracy down additional effects having the problem, and I suspect that these status effects, possibly more, have some issue regarding the specific code bits that govern these additional effect's resist states; i.e. full duration, half resist, full resist. The only wrench in the scheme is Hecatomb Wave, which has no specific duration, however it's possible that even when randomized it can cut the randomized duration in half on a resist.

Currently affected abilities and spells (the ones I've tested):

-Tourbillion (Add. effect: Defense down)
    -Sandspin (Add. effect: Accuracy down)
    -Barbed Crescent (Add. effect: Accuracy down)
    -Hecatomb Wave (Add. effect: Blind)
    -Tachi: Ageha (Add. effect: Defense down)

Ones recently tested by others:
    -Metatron Torment (Add. effect: Defense down)
    -Onslaught (Add. effect: Accuracy down)
    -Full Break (Add. effect: Accuracy, Attack, Defense, and Evasion down)
    -Armor Break (Add. effect: Defense down)
    -Shell Crusher (Add. effect: Defense down)
    -Randgrith (Add. effect: Evasion down)
    -Nightmare Scythe (Add. effect: Blind)
    -Skullbreaker (Add. effect: INT down)

I suspect that similar abilities and spells would behave the same way. I can't test anything else, nor can I file a report on the official forums about the relic weaponskill(s) that are affected, as my subscription lapsed a few weeks ago.

If anyone wants to test some other things, the weaponskills I'd want to look at next would be:

-Gate of Tartarus (Add. effect: Attack down)
    -Blade: Metsu (Add. effect: Paralysis)
    -Guillotine (Add. effect: Silence)
    -Tachi: Yukikaze (Add. effect: Blind)
    -Tachi: Gekko (Add. effect: Silence)
    -Tachi: Kasha (Add. effect: Paralysis)
    -Weapon Break (Add. effect: Attack down)
    -Wasp Sting (Add. effect: Poison)
    -Viper Bite (Add. effect: Poison)
    -Exenterator (Add. effect: Accuracy down)
    -Blade: Retsu (Add. effect: Paralysis)
    -Shattersoul (Add. effect: Magic Defense down)
    -Vidohunir (Add. effect: Magic Defense down)
    -Garland of Bliss (Add. effect: Defense down)
    -Omniscience (Add. effect: Magic Attack down)
    -Seedspray (Add. effect: Defense down)

Abilities and spells that are not affected:

-Blade: Kamu (Add. effect: Accuracy down)
    -Shijin Spiral (Add. effect: Plague)
    -Blade: Yu (Add. effect: Poison)
    -Shadowstitch (Add. effect: Blind)
    -Head Butt (Add. effect: Stun)
    -Sudden Lunge (Add. effect: Stun)
    -Delta Thrust (Add. effect: Plague)
    -Spiral Spin (Add. effect: Accuracy down)
    -Benthic Typhoon (Add. effect: Defense and Magic Defense down)
    -Bilgestorm (Add. effect: Accuracy, Attack, and Defense down)

If anyone wants to help look at any of these please do and let me know so that I can add the results to this post. It seems to be affecting Accuracy downs and Defense downs the most, the other effects are for posterity.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Test server or real server?
    Which mob for testing?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Real server, they function perfectly fine on test.

Monsters range from Abyssea mobs down to lower level elementals, making sure that neither the normal monsters nor the elementals are negatively biased toward the additional effect's elements. Each spell and weaponskill was used enough times (15~20) to ensure reasonable levels of confidence in their inability to land properly; not a single one of the spells or weaponskills on the "broken" list landed more than twice, and all lands were for half duration.

Additionally, I used Elemental Seal on blue magic to ensure that it is a magic accuracy problem, ES caused the additional effects to land without fail.

Added Full Break to the list. It seems to support my theory on only certain additional effects being affected.
    edit:Scratch that, false positive. the whole thing's broken.

edit2: added armor break

edit3: shell crusher too

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wonder if we can find a pattern on the test server since they're not broken on the server. We may have an Impact issue affecting these spells.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So far the only pattern I've seen is that it affects specifically Defense and Accuracy Down effects, possibly Blinds.

edit: Randgrith is broken, expanded sample size, most didnt land, two landed for half duration
    edit2: Nightmare Scythe broken

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

No difference with respect to resist element using test server. I'll look into the description to see whether there is a pattern.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Skullbreaker added to the list

Friend and I are done testing at this point as going on would be pointless, the list of evidence is big enough. It's down to people reporting it now. It's one thing when it's a few spells for one job being reported by one person, and entirely different when it's several spells and weaponskills being reported by multiple people.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

SoA Enmity Retesting

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17...dum/6/#2082937

SCH AF3+2 body decreases the Enmity of Addendum spells cast with an Addendum up by 20%, which is additive with the gear term but surpasses the -50 cap.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This test is incomplete but I'm just going to write it up here so I can remember it after I fight the test server a bit.

Conqueror 99 meleeing only with Berserk, setup was:
    Gnarled Horn, Dark Depth, Razed Ruins, full cruor buffs, Haste/Hasso

Conqueror/Claymore/____/AF3
    Phorcys/Twilight/Merman's/Brutal
    Mekira/Brego/Blitz/Rajas
    Atheling/Goading/AF3+2/AF2+2

I did this test with the intention of figuring out if there were extra effects we didn't know about (with Berserk) on the two bolded pieces. I should have a 98% base crit rate and was fighting Cockatrice near Altepa's conflux 4.

Observations:
    1) Berserk lasts for 190 seconds instead of 180. This is due to AF2+2 feet (removed conqueror, still 3:10, removed feet, 3:00). They give an extra 10 seconds to Berserk and don't have to stay on. I would bet that Abyss Sollerets +2 do the same for Last Resort.

2) I have a 100% crit rate (see spoiler). This implies something is giving me at least +2% crit rate. I bet it's Conqueror, similar to Glanzfaust's enhancement of Focus.
    Spoiler: show
    <!DOCTYPE html><html>
    <pre style="font-family: 'Courier New'">
    <span style="color: #ff0000"><b>Damage Summary</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>
    <u><b>Player Total Dmg Damage % Melee Dmg Range Dmg Abil. Dmg WSkill Dmg Spell Dmg Other Dmg Absorbed Dmg</u></b>
    Byrth 144157 100.00 % 144157 0 0 0 0 0 0
    <b>Total 144157 100.00 % 144157 0 0 0 0 0 0</b>

</span><span style="color: #ff0000"><b>Melee Damage</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>
    <u><b>Player Melee Dmg Abs'd.Dmg Net Dmg Melee % Hit/Miss M.HR % M.Acc % M.Low/Hi M+0.Avg M-0.Avg</u></b>
    Byrth 144157 0 144157 100.00 % 204/16 92.73 % 92.73 % 0/0 0.00 0.00

</span><span style="color: #ff0000"><b>Melee Crit Damage</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>
    <u><b>Player #Crit C.Low/Hi C-0.Avg Crit%</u></b>
    Byrth 204 600/742 706.65 100.00 %

</span><span style="color: #000000">
    </pre></html>

3) I have a ~35% +/-7% DA rate and would anticipate only a 28% or 30% one (10 or 12% from trait, 13% Brutal/Atheling/AF3+2 legs, 5% merits). This has not technically hit 95% significance yet, but it's pretty likely that Berserk (probably from Conqueror) is also giving Double Attack.
    Spoiler: show
    <!DOCTYPE html><html>
    <pre style="font-family: 'Courier New'">
    <span style="color: #ff0000"><b>Melee Data</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>

<u><b>Player # Melee Attacks # Melee Rounds Attacks/Round # Extra Attacks</u></b>
    Byrth 220 168 1 52

<u><b>Player # +1 Rounds # +2 Rounds # +3 Rounds # +4 Rounds # &gt;+4 Rounds</u></b>
    Byrth 52 0 0 0 0

<u><b>Player # MultiAttack Rounds MultiAttack % Kills w/Min Attacks Kills w/&lt;Min Attacks</u></b>
    Byrth 52 34.90 % 19 0

</span><span style="color: #ff0000"><b>Treat As:</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>

</span><span style="color: #0000ff"><b>Multi-attacks per attack (2x/3x):</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>

<u><b>Player # Double Attacks DA Rate Perc. DA # Triple Attacks TA Rate Perc. TA</u></b>
    Byrth 52 34.90 % 100.00 % 0 0.00 % 0.00 %

</span><span style="color: #0000ff"><b>Multi-attacks per round (Kicks):</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>

<u><b>Player Footwork? # Rounds w/Kicks Kick Attack Rate</u></b>
    Byrth Yes 52 34.90 %

</span><span style="color: #0000ff"><b>Multi-attacks per attack (Zanshin):</span><span style="color: #000000"></b>

<u><b>Player # Missed First Attacks # DA w/Missed First Possible Zanshin %</u></b>
    Byrth 12 3 25.00 %

<u><b>Player Acc. Rate of First Attacks Acc. Rate of Second Attacks</u></b>
    Byrth 92.86 % 100.00 %

</span><span style="color: #000000">
    </pre></html>

That's all I have at the moment. I need to re-log to try and figure out why my character animations don't work.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Did a 300-hit sample at 95% base crit rate with Conqueror (no AF2+2 feet) and got a 34% DA rate (249 rounds) and still a 100% crit rate.

Did a 309-hit sample at 90% base crit rate with Conqueror (no AF2+2 feet) and got a 28% DA rate (150 rounds) and still a 100% crit rate.

I started using Retaliation/Counter in my hit total too because they seem to share the same crit rate as the main hand always. There are some issues with the "Extra Attacks" determination. Despite using a GA with only Hasso/Haste/24% in gear, I still get some TAs mixed in with my DAs so I'm not sure how much I can trust it. I don't see any TAs when I'm watching the game. Total, it was:
    635 melee rounds
    180 +1 rounds
    6 +2 rounds
    66 kills with min attacks

I get a 33% DA rate out of that assuming each TA is actually consecutive DAs that were split 3:1, and assuming 1% from Zanshin (0.05*(0.25*(1-DA%)) ). Still not outside of the 95% confidence interval of what we'd expect (28%~30%).

Day 2:
    I abandoned the DA testing in favor of speeding everything else up.
    88% base rate - 300 crits
    83% base rate - 1 non-crit in 113 attacks. Probably +15% or +16% with a 99 Conqueror during Berserk

If I forgot to mention it last night, I did the control experiment where I check my crit rate without Berserk up and it came out normal.

I got a 2/400+ non-crit at 85% base (Kumarbi's Akar, Scorpion Queen, Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, no merits), so the crit rate boost during Berserk is probably 14%. I'm assuming there is also a small amount of Double Attack assigned that does not level up with increased levels of berserk enhancement. Maybe 3~5%.

I tested Abyss Sollerets +2 and they do not seem to increase the duration of Last Resort at all. Sorry, Dark Knights.

Edit 2:
    The critical hit rate levels up from 75.
    60 from Atma, 23% base, Akar/Claymore (91% total) = non-crit, so it's <9% at 75
    60 from Atma, 23% base, Akar/Rancor (93% total) = non-crit, so it's <7% at 75
    60 from Atma, 23% base, Akar/Rancor/Claymore (96% total) = 300 crits, so it's >4% at 75

Given the progression of 4~7% to 14%, I'd bet it's the same as Ragnarok. All anyone actually cares about is the 99 Crit rate value anyway, so I'm going to just assume that's correct and leave this testing here. Not worth the time.