Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I forgot how much it is but low lvl jobs get a massive penalty on the xp part of it. I remember trying to get just little amounts a long time ago for low lvl jobs and would get nothing lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This was on a 28-29 job.

I'm pretty sure there's no penalty as long as you're over 10. I used to do Iron Anvil like crazy for lower jobs and I never got less on a level 20 job than on a 75.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if already up but trilling dagger works offhand

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Coruscanti's crit rate affects both hands. Info via Asypmtotic/Sylow on FFXIAH.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Coruscanti's crit rate affects both hands. Info via Asypmtotic/Sylow on FFXIAH.
    GH RR DD, main dex kila+3 offhand corus

Code:
    Melee Crit Damage
    Player                #Crit  C.Low/Hi   C-0.Avg     Crit%
    Radec                   629   110/356    152.38  100.00 %
    That's really nice then!

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seems to be true on lux pugio as well.

On THF. Lux main/ STR Kila +3 offhand.

GH RR DD, EMP +2 pants. Should be 99% crit rate before dagger. 425 swings (so ~210 with offhand) still no non-crit. Only a 12% chance of that happening if it doesn't affect off hand.

If someone can easily swing a 96% crit rate before dagger they could do a more powerful test.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Water Elementals in East Temenos are level 79-80. One of them cast Water V and another one cast Water IV.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mekira-oto +1's "Elemental weapon skill damage increases depending on day" is by skillchain element not ws dmg element. Tested with Flash Nova which is light dmg with Induration / Reverberation skillchain elements. 432 on earth day 446 on waterday. Which is the same if I use snow belt and make up for the str in other peices. So looks to give the same bonus as element belt. Belt + head was 460 so they stack too... don't have an adequate neck to test if all 3 do together but I'll assume yes. Don't have a ws to test lvl 3 skillchain elements but I'll look for lvl 2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Decided to test Atma of echos too since the ws used to test it wasn't listed but it's implied to be the element of the dmg. 561 without 654 with. 691 with belt atma and head (I adjusted for the str it added too). So looks like it is +.5 ftp and stacks with belt/head for skillchain element not dmg element.

Which could be potentially a rediculous boost for these ws that ftp carries on all hits...

Also sidenote. Testing on mobs in abyssea I was getting a rediculous amount of resist. Like 90% or so. Much more than I normally do with elemental ws. Now it might be that mandies are somewhat resistant to light but most normal mobs I use ws that they are resistant to... say sanguine blade on bats resist rate is more like 50%. Given the fact I only haven 291 club skill and all the mobs checked High evasion this leads me to believe either skill or melee accuracy plays a part in resist rates.

Edit: Did Wildfire (fire dmg with lvl 3 darkness and gravitation skillchain) with Echos on waterday. With atma got 1294 and 1164 (water day penalty for fire dmg). Without 1202/1081 so it appears at least the atma works for all the elements in a lvl 3 element. Which makes it alot less situational for ws that cover 6/8 elements...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I did Echoes testing here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Atma_of_Echoes

Nice to know that they work with all of the elements related to the tier 4. It makes me wonder if gorgets are that way now too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I saw that tested but I didn't see what ws you used and since you mentioned using sanguine blade which doesn't have skillchain elements I thought it needed clarifying that it's skillchain element not dmg element. Actually I can go test gorget right now lol.

But yeah assuming it works on all hits for the ws that gorgets do... it could almost double the dmg of a couple of the new ws

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh damn what we've been missing out on with those Assault Point weapons then. They might still be worth an extra look if they work from offhand.

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&d...l%20weapon#adv

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I would've tested one of them too but my AP are all real low thanks to salvage I used to do

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, I did Echoes testing here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Atma_of_Echoes

Nice to know that they work with all of the elements related to the tier 4. It makes me wonder if gorgets are that way now too.

Just did some quick testing to see if this applies to all the hits of the ftp carrying WS'es and I am fairly certain it does. Resolution on Firesday did ~2.7k. On Earthsday it did 4272, 4459 + 4613 on the same mobs. Same TP return, same mobs, same buffs, same gear, etc. (Only 4/5 Reso but doesn't really matter for this)

I didn't do anything much more conclusive as I figured it would be pretty obvious if it carries on all hits or not and I'm on holiday atm so limited on time. Pretty certain that sort of jump in damage indicates it does.

EDIT: They may have all been TA's btw. I just made sure they were the same TP return rather than that they weren't multihit WS'es. (22TP return with Ragnarok + 31STP so 14.4 + 1.3 for extra hits. So 7 hits total). They were more frequent than the 19TP return WS'es which should be 5 hits. So that potentially means TA can proc on any of the 5 hits then since I only had Atma of Apoc on for TA.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can get them for free on the test server from the storage slip. I re-tested them and confirmed they're +25/256 like two weeks ago, iirc.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    So that potentially means TA can proc on any of the 5 hits then since I only had Atma of Apoc on for TA.
    I've suspected the same. I WS in only 8% DA but easily see lots of DAs on Entropy. 22tp return is 4 hits after I made a few changes, like Soil/Soil and misinterpreted 22s as DAs because 20 tp return is 3 hits, So I might have to disagree based on Entropy not demonstraiting that.

Apoc alone would have a 1-0.85^5=55.6% chance to TA on Resolution then. Throw on Lion's 7% TA too and you jump up to 71% TA rate. Naturally only once per WS still, but it should be pretty obvious if this is true or not. A&O only gets you to 76.2%, so Lion would definitely be the better choice now, and the +Thunder on it can even apply to your Fragmentation and Light chains.

Little known feature: KParser has a function where if you put in your macro or aftercast after you WS "/echo KParser TP: <tp>" it'll jot down that TP return for that WS damage. It can be a little flakey if you have regain or WS late in your delay that you throw a TP round in the middle of the animation, but it's easy to 'dial in' the right pause before reading return with Spellcast, just make sure you cancelspell if you don't have enough TP so you aren't throwing false returns if you hit your macro early or something.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia
    just make sure you cancelspell if you don't have enough TP so you aren't throwing false returns if you hit your macro early or something.
    Actually, it also makes sure that a weaponskill occurred with the echo. You can spam the echo line all you want, but it will only record the ones that had a weaponskill used within a few seconds prior to the echo. It also only checks for weaponskills used by the player running the parser, not anyone else in the party or whatever, so you don't have to worry about cross-contamination.

A pause of 2 seconds after the /ws command is usually good. Shorter than that, though, and the weaponskill can end up being used after the echo, so the echo ends up showing the pre-weaponskill TP.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Actually, it also makes sure that a weaponskill occurred with the echo. You can spam the echo line all you want, but it will only record the ones that had a weaponskill used within a few seconds prior to the echo. It also only checks for weaponskills used by the player running the parser, not anyone else in the party or whatever, so you don't have to worry about cross-contamination.
    I haven't used the feature since it was first introduced so... yeah.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So, about those Assault Point Weapons... testing is on the talk page.

I don't really know what's up with them. Does anyone know where the original testing is hiding? I can't get it to give me more or less than +12/256. Next step is to test with Sanguine Blade (no skillchain property), but I'm too sleepy tonight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Other wiki says testing was done on KI and that they only give +.05 ftp. Of course it says it might kick in on non days too so idk lol.