Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure which thread to stick this in. It may already be common knowledge given how frequently Pil is done.

Terror and Petrify can't coexist (least I assume it's the terror and not the doom). Not sure if one gets priority over the other (in this case Terror has prio) or if it's whichever is up first.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...errorpetri.png

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...rrorpetri2.png

Isn't especially useful information but information nonetheless!

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Not sure which thread to stick this in. It may already be common knowledge given how frequently Pil is done.

Terror and Petrify can't coexist (least I assume it's the terror and not the doom). Not sure if one gets priority over the other (in this case Terror has prio) or if it's whichever is up first.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...errorpetri.png

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...rrorpetri2.png

Isn't especially useful information but information nonetheless!
    Yea I remember this from Ouryu, I think were discussions back when the fight was new about them occupying the same status effect or something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If I recall correctly, petrify and terror share a status effect slot with stun, as well; that's why WHM beastmen will sometimes cast stona on themselves right after being stunned.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I tried testing Archon Ring today, and I wasn't able to get it proc at all. I was casting Tier V spells on Colibri and have them shoot it back at me putting me into red. 0/20 on proc. Is the threshold just very high, or does it have it a horrible proc rate, does anyone know?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I tried testing Archon Ring today, and I wasn't able to get it proc at all. I was casting Tier V spells on Colibri and have them shoot it back at me putting me into red. 0/20 on proc. Is the threshold just very high, or does it have it a horrible proc rate, does anyone know?
    I tried using the Archon Cape on Cuijatender in abyssea altepa as well with atma of apoc, just kept getting up and letting it hit me for TP, i didn't really count but in what had to be 15-20 ??? Needles, no damage was ever annulled. It would seem the cape proc rate is just terrible, and probably worse then using shadow mantle if your using it to annul damage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hagakure (40 Save TP) + Discipline level 15 (20 Save TP) on the test server = 50 TP return, which either means there is either a hard cap of 50 Save TP or... well, it probably just means there is a hard cap of 50 Save TP.

I guess this cap is only hittable in the exact situation that I just described, but I'm beginning to doubt the usefulness of Discipline+Miser's Roll builds. 45 TP return guaranteed (Discipline + Miser's) is only -1 hit off a 5 or 6-hit build. Is it really worth blowing a roll and Atmacite for -1 hit?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/24058.html
    http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/24057.html

Google translate leads me to think that it might need to be enough to one shot you, although I don't really know. Seems like Cuijatender damage should have proc'd it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can add another parse to the 40% DA/20% TA Mythic 99 AM3 pile:
    Code:
    Melee Data

Player               # Melee Attacks    # Melee Rounds    Attacks/Round    # Extra Attacks
    Byrth                           2471              1371                1               1100

Player               # +1 Rounds   # +2 Rounds   # +3 Rounds   # +4 Rounds    # >+4 Rounds
    Byrth                        540           280             0             0               0<min attacks
    This was done with Terpsichore level 99. There were actually four single-hit melee rounds that got through before or after I activated AM3. It still looks like 40%/40%/20%, which means AM3 Mythics have 1.8 hits/round.
    </min>

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

99 Ragnarok's critrate enhancement is 14%. Used the 100% critrate method, had a noncrit with 85% critrate but no noncrits in over 1000 hits with 86%.

Also am I making shit up, or did SE say the 2/2.5/3x damage procrate would be higher on 99 relics? I parsed 15.8%, which is consistent with the ~16% procrate for 2.5x damage at 95. Used the test server but I'd expect it to be consistent with real servers

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sanguine Blade

I don't know if this has been mentioned, and if it has, I apologize. The information isn't on any of the wikis.

Sanguine blade, contrary to its description, doesn't appear to be a drain effect. It's more of a converts damage to HP effect (similar to Spirit Taker or Mystic Boon). If you deal more damage than the monster has remaining, you can "drain" more HP than it has.

Versus EM Peak Pugil, Sudden Lunge for 321 did ~4%. After reducing its HP to 1%, 300TP Sanguine Blade for 1035 damage allowed me to recover 1035 HP.

Once again, if this is known, I apologize, but I didn't see it anywhere.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unless I'm mistaken that's how all hp draining effects work.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Really? That's so contrary to description

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That isn't how Catastrophe functions. You can't drain more HP than the mob has remaining.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah never played with that. That is how it works with souleater and drain spell though. And think sambas too.

Think twilight too

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Did some testing of Murasamemaru vs Kikugosaku, partly to see how it measures up, but mostly because I wanted to try to contribute towards figuring out Mura's hidden effect. 10 instances each of Sneak Attack+Gekko, which I know isn't an awesome sample size, but it's a PitA waiting for Meditate to come back up every time. I'm not terribly familiar with the ws formula or exact mob stats, but I'm hoping it's helpful to someone. I'll do some additional testing with Sekkanoki to check for any kind of a tp bonus (assuming I'm remembering correctly about Sekkanoki negating TP bonus on weapon skills)

Sneak Attack + Gekko (No gear except for weapon, Base STR=84)
    All were done on Wild Rabbits in West Ronfarue

Murasamemaru (453 attack, Damage:111 Delay:407 All stats +12):

Kikugosaku (447 attack, Damage:111, Delay:480, Str+5, STP+6, Zanshin: Occasionally Attacks Twice):

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Assuming a bit a wavering with TP (Like having some samples slightly above 100TP), the max damage on those do not seem to pose a problem.

Sorry, should have stated in my previous post but those were all at exactly 100% using meditate.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I forgot about the additional 0.05 on capped critical pDIF, so the value still works.

(Base damage + fSTR + WSC%)(fTP)(pDIF)

(111 + 20 + FLOOR(0.85(FLOOR(0.75*96))))(1.5625)(3.15)
    (300)(3.15)
    945 Max damage

There could be an effect, but that sample would not show the effect (And if the effect were constant, that would be a freaking lousy hidden effect).

Murasamemaru + Sekkanoki testing.
    Same conditions as above.
    Sneak Attack + Tachi: Gekko

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    I tried using the Archon Cape on Cuijatender in abyssea altepa as well with atma of apoc, just kept getting up and letting it hit me for TP, i didn't really count but in what had to be 15-20 ??? Needles, no damage was ever annulled. It would seem the cape proc rate is just terrible, and probably worse then using shadow mantle if your using it to annul damage.
    Would imagine ??? needles is magical damage just like 1000 needles. Might explain why archon cape would not proc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast