BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Chuparrosa Mantle

+20sec duration
    +10%potency

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Spurrina Gages increases Blood Pact damage by 5% which make these hands better than Nares Cuffs for magic BP.
    Nether Blast on Wild Rabbit
    MAB+58 & BP dmg+10% (Nares) : 1155
    MAB+50 & BP dmg+14% (Auspex) : 1151
    MAB+50 & BP dmg+15% (Spurrina) : 1161

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Shedir Crackows

Thunder V (Thunder Spirit) on Wild Rabbit
    Nothing : 1494
    Shedir Crackows : 1523
    Eidolon Pendant + Tiresias's Cape : 1523

Nether Blast
    Shedir Crackows : 795
    Eidolon Pendant + Tiresias's Cape : 772

Thunderstorm 5/5 (0 TP)
    Shedir Crackows : 1892
    Eidolon Pendant + Tiresias's Cape : 1837

Enhances "Magic Attack Bonus" = +3
    Increases "Blood Pact" Damage = +3%

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'd like to propose that Voidclusters affect the level of VWNMs. Has anyone definitely seen changes that could not be explained by this (for instance, monster AI)?

Just to demonstrate what this would do, lets consider Ig-Alima (Level 120 base, I'll guess about 1000 defense) being fought by a 99 WAR with 1500 attack:
    cRatio = 1.5 - (120-99)*0.05 = 0.45
    If 1 cluster gives Level -5:
    cRatio (1 cluster) = 1.5 - (120-5-99)*0.05 = 0.7 = cRatio +55%
    cRatio (2 clusters) = 1.5 - (120-10-99)*0.05 = 0.95 = cRatio + 111%
    etc.

At the same time, effective monster evasion would be dropping (reduced skill, reduced level correction, reduced AGI), monster HP would be dropping, monster VIT would be dropping, crit rate would be rising, monsters would be hitting for less damage (less attack, reduced monster->player level correction), etc.

Additionally, I've observed that Avatar pDIF (which I assume is the same as monster pDIF) probably has a plateau at 1 pDIF the same as every other known pDIF distribution.

Edit: I was wrong when I posted this the first time, Avatar base damage changes based on VWNM target:
    Qilin : 53-55 hits (D53)
    Kaggen : 53-55 hits (D53)
    Morta (0~1 cluster) : 42~47 hits (Effect of clusters?)
    Celaeno : 59-61 hits (D59)
    This is more of a spread than I would have expected even for 4 (STR-VIT) = 1 base damage. Do we really think Celaeno has 24 stat less than Qilin or Kaggen? That Morta has 36 more than Qilin? Seems off.

I've also replicated that all celestial avatars have similar attack/stats, Carby is attack-gimp, and Fenrir has more than anyone else.

Celaeno data:

(Yugl Edit: Removed table)

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'd like to propose that Voidclusters affect the level of VWNMs. Has anyone definitely seen changes that could not be explained by this (for instance, monster AI)?
    Those screenshots of Botulus Rex nuking an (admittedly Aegis) PLD for double digit Thundaja damage wouldn't make sense if lowering level was *all* it did, given as how magic damage is largely unaffected by level.

It may lower level in addition to MAB (Macc?) down. A DRK with minuets/chaos/berserk for enough attack to cap even the "normal" version might be able to tease out whether it's a defense decrease or a level decrease on top of that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Aegis PLD/RDM with capped MDT and some MDB is already looking at taking something barely over 100 damage from a 1.5k spell. Double digits isn't really that impressive, especially if he used Rampart or something.

Here is a histogram of celestial avatar's damage against Morta with 0 or 1 cluster. 44-46 is prevalent, but so is 41-43. I'm guessing those are 1 vs. 0 cluster. We did more 1 cluster fights (15) than 0 cluster fights (3), but 0 cluster fights are longer.

Celestial Avatars vs. Kaggen:

Celestial Avatars vs. Qilin:

Celestial Avatars vs. Celaeno:

Morta is the only one with a double-wide peak (well, idk what Qilin is doing) and the only one I've clustered. These are not actual pDIF distributions for a single Ratio values, as Dia, Bio, Angon, etc. spam pretty much makes that impossible in Voidwatch. That's my explanation for Qilin's craziness (I spend most of my time below a Ratio value that could return 1.0 pDIF).
    http://www.bluegartr.com/image/jpeg;...BRRRQAUUUUAf/Z

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Aegis PLD/RDM with capped MDT and some MDB is already looking at taking something barely over 100 damage from a 1.5k spell. Double digits isn't really that impressive, especially if he used Rampart or something.
    I'm not saying it's horribly impressive, but it's substantially more effect than you would expect from the loss of a few points of int if lowering level were *all* the clusters did.

(Also, I think his nukes hit for more than 1.5k normally.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

By not horribly impressive I think he means it's not more than you'd expect even without cluster which I'd be inclined to agree. I haven't seen the screen shot but getting his dmg down isn't that hard. Once I was fighting him and he decided to do chainspell then meteor 6 times in a row. I took double digit dmg total lol. Granted the first 1-2 got eatten by cure skin but yeah

That being said it's not completely inconceivable that lowering it's lvl can lower it's MAB. It's entirely possibly they have job trait lvls mapped at lvls higher than we can achieve so might lower it below threshold for those traits. Not sure exactly what lvl rex is but I'd imagine it's high enough to have 2 more lvls of MAB then us.

Anyways back on proving the lvl thing... why not just get a rng with tons of att buffs to give you numbers?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Shedir Seraweels raises Stoneskin amount absorbed by 35.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Someone mentioned there was a lack of testing on the fast cast for Ebon Tam, I saw it was listed as 5% but with a needs verification note.

BLU/SCH, no arts up, no FC trait set, no haste gear and no FC gear except hat:

Klimaform recast (from plugin): 2:57

BLU/WHM, same gear/spells set

Reraise recast: 0:58

Verdict?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Plugin recasts don't tell us anything. The reraise recast (if it was from the menu) tells us that it's 4-7% Fast Cast.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Plugin recasts don't tell us anything. The reraise recast (if it was from the menu) tells us that it's 4-7% Fast Cast.
    Nah, was plugin too. Redoing from menu...

Reraise: 0:59
    /sch klimaform: 2:58

And I saw a note about needing an odd # recast, bg lists animating wail as 45 second base, got :38 recast, all from menu.

Edit: or would the haste effect from wail kick in before calculating recast? Will look through for another odd # recast spell.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

59 and 178 makes it 2 or 3% Fast Cast (-1% Recast). You need to combine your unknown Fast Cast amount with an odd and known amount of Fast Cast to figure out which of the two it is. The easiest access to this is any of the 5% Fast Cast Atmas in Abyssea, in my opinion.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

OK same as before, atma of the rescuer, reraise recast from menu: 0:58. /disappointed

Edit: that seemed like I should've at least gotten 2 more seconds off it, but tested again outside abyssea with +5 fast cast Mederi Talar and got the same 0:58, and klimaform @ 2:54.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    OK same as before, atma of the rescuer, reraise recast from menu: 0:58. /disappointed

Edit: that seemed like I should've at least gotten 2 more seconds off it, but tested again outside abyssea with +5 fast cast Mederi Talar and got the same 0:58, and klimaform @ 2:54.
    174 seconds indicates -3% Recast (-6% or 7% Fast Cast). That makes Ebon Tam 2%! Thanks for the tests!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So finally got around to starting my tests of bst pets. Just mdt this time

Grabbed a few of all the ones that naturally have caps past 75 and went over and died alot in abyssea grauberg. I used the chariot there and brought out 3 characters to absorb discord dmg to compare to how much the pet was taking.

I didn't bother recording all of them as most had the expected - ~11% dmg from stout servant 2 didn't

wormy broth (Slippery Silas) and Briny Broth (Dapper Mac) took about -36% dmg. To make sure it wasn't some new weird extra I put on mke hat atma of zenith and atma of sellsword for another ~ -34% magic dmg. They both took ~ -69.5 then so looks like they give have ~25% dt or mdt. I'll go play with some cactus soon to figure out which

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah so it's just mdt. I must say given how much less most magic dmg does to them this lack of mdt is somewhat disconcerting given how much MDB it would mean. And it can't all be int difference like recently I was trying to solo the skeleton vwnm and it did meteor for over 2k to me and like 280 to my falcorr... but speaking of which anyone know any good mob to test pet mdb on? Like idk something that meteors but not that bad or does quickdraw. Or if ballista would work? Something with spikes or enspell? Be nice to test individual element resist too

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

I dont know where to post this, but i guess Here might be a good idea ?~?
    It appears as those esper earring is like a 2.5ish increase in BP damage
    (not sure if its known or not if so disregard did not see it on BG wiki
    (Used nether blast since its static damage)

No + BP damage gear

22 damage difference

More damage

25 damage difference

Full BP damage top number is without bottom number is with

27 damage difference

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    I dont know where to post this, but i guess Here might be a good idea ?~?
    It appears as those esper earring is like a 2.5ish increase in BP damage
    (not sure if its known or not if so disregard did not see it on BG wiki
    (Used nether blast since its static damage)

No + BP damage gear

22 damage difference

More damage

25 damage difference

Full BP damage top number is without bottom number is with

27 damage difference
    Thunderstorm 5/5 on Wild Rabbit

Nothing : 1801
    Esper Earring : 1855 (BP dmg+2,99~3,05%)

Esper Stone + Eidolon Pendant : 1837
    Esper Stone + Eidolon Pendant + Esper Earring : 1892
    Shedir Crackows : 1892

Nirvana + Esper Stone + Summoner's Horn+2 + Eidolon Pendant + Tiresias's Cap + Caller's Sash + Caller's Spats+2 : 2630 (MAB+50)
    Nirvana + Esper Stone + Summoner's Horn+2 + Eidolon Pendant + Esper Earring + Caller's Doublet+2 + Spurrina Gages + Caller's Spats+2 + Shedir Crackows : 3182 (MAB+50 and BP dmg+20,98~21,02%)

Esper Earring and Shedir Crackows gives the same increase but your numbers are also correct.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just did some testing, Iridescence on Chatoyant staff appears to be an extra 10% boost with weather. Did tests on TW mobs with firestorm and obi on lightsday, no weather in zone. Fire 261 without firestorm, 312 with firestorm
    *EDIT* not a guarenteed proc btw, still need obi to guarentee weather proc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast