BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You had capped dAGI, which also affects magic.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You had capped dAGI, which also affects magic.
    Just realized that myself. Thanks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm like 99% sure Fan Dance affects Vitriolic Barrage.
    (hey can I actually post now? sweet!)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it's counted as physical damage, akin to 1000 Needles, seeing as it functions the same exact way pretty much.

Also, sort of important, Athos's set is about half as effective as it was assumed.

3% Crit rate for the first two pieces
    1% for each piece after that

I only have three pieces so I can't test if there's an additional bonus for having all five on, but meh. Kinda unfortunate.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thank you so much for posting that, the actual values on Athos have been bugging the living daylights out of me all day.
    Anyway, the bonus for 5/5 would have to be pretty significant to make it worth using the head for pretty much anything melee-related, yeah?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it's counted as physical damage, akin to 1000 Needles, seeing as it functions the same exact way pretty much.

Also, sort of important, Athos's set is about half as effective as it was assumed.

3% Crit rate for the first two pieces
    1% for each piece after that

I only have three pieces so I can't test if there's an additional bonus for having all five on, but meh. Kinda unfortunate.
    Are you able to give ± on those numbers?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sylow (Asymptotic) on FFXIAH PMed me that Fan Dance reduces Vitrolic Barrage damage. Are we actually sure it is magical?
    Sorry, I should probably have said that I'd come to the conclusion the damage was physical.

I didn't specifically say it, but in my last post I started to imply I'd come to that understanding.
    I started to refer to PDT-% when I was talking about about Phalanx affecting Vitriolic Barrage
    Phalanx affects both physical and magical damage, so I knew it was physical at this point.

At first I had no idea whether Vitriolic Damage was physical or magical damage.
    Initially I wanted to test with 1000 needles though, and I already knew that move was physical damage.
    After I found neither Day & Weather, MDB or TMDA (Shell) affected the damage, I decided it pretty much had to be physical.
    Edit: I guess I didn't do enough tests to say Day & Weather doesn't affect it, only that I haven't seen it proc yet if it does...

It would have been nicer if it was magical damage, but I simply wanted to test the exact value of the so called "damage taken -90%" from brew.
    I've found the primary answer to my question... as long as brew simply gives just a form of "damage taken -90%" and not two very slightly different values for physical and magical.

I was planning to do a couple more tests with pdt -/+% gear, but I'm only interested in magical damage so I may not get around to it.

So I've seen for physical damage, that Brew's damage taken -90% is applied AFTER phalanx...
    Now I want to find a way to test if this also true for magical damage, and also confirm that it is definitely applied before Stoneskin for both damage types...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by VZX01 View Post
    Are you able to give ± on those numbers?
    Um? There is no ± for crit rate. I'll assume you want sample size/margin of error in which case there was little to no opportunity for error and a small sample size as a large one was not necessary. I forced my crit rate to 100% and waited for non crits. If they didn't happen within 1000 hits, I deemed it statistically improbable.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Um? There is no ± for crit rate. I'll assume you want sample size/margin of error in which case there was little to no opportunity for error and a small sample size as a large one was not necessary. I forced my crit rate to 100% and waited for non crits. If they didn't happen within 1000 hits, I deemed it statistically improbable.
    Thanks, that's what I'd like to hear.
    I'm curios how many hits you did until you find non-crit at 99% crit rate?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I had always heard that Parrying rate capped at 20%, but I have been parsing 25%+ against Greater Lolibri while doing low pDIF tests (406 skill).

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I had always heard that Parrying rate capped at 20%, but I have been parsing 25%+ against Greater Lolibri while doing low pDIF tests (406 skill).
    20-25% is what I was getting like 5-6 years ago. I wonder if it's capped or just tied directly to skill level.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Whoever claimed you can't skill up off a counter or retaliation was wrong. I have skilled up off both in the last hour.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re-using post:

Continuation of the TA Dmg test here.

Kept Relic+2 feet on and added Demonry Ring.

Total att increased slightly. No significant factors changed.

Code:
                Min Norm    Max Norm    Min Crit    Max Crit
    Expected          93         149         178         215
    Singles           94         149         182         214
    Triples           98         154         192         225

Smaller sample size (536 total hits), as it's pretty easy to reach a conclusion here.

From the Relic+2 test:

For max crit, 215 was common for singles, and 218 was common for triples. 215 is after Crit Attack Bonus. If the 2% triple damage applied after that, one would expect 219 to be frequent instead. Therefore the triple damage bonus most likely applies before the crit attack bonus:

60 * 3.15 = 189 * 1.02 = 192.78 => 192 * 1.14 = 218.88 => 218

In this test, 225 was the common max. Given that, one would then extract the crit attack bonus first to arrive at a base damage of 198. 198 is right at +5% over unmodified 3.15 pDif (189 dmg).

Since this is in addition to the 2% from the relic+2 feet, that puts the Demonry Ring at +3% triple attack damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wasn't really sure where to put this but played around with tp bonus atma with pets using cure abilities they have. Worked with bst but not smn or drg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

1029 swings with a glowy Twashtar and AM3 had 529 double damage hits (no Samba), so probably still 50%. I did the test similarly to how Motenten did the THF AF3+2 feet test. I forced high attack (~848 ) using Atma/food and went to kill Funguars in Abyssea - Konschtat. I disengaged at 1:25 of AM3 and re-engaged/WSed before swinging.

1033 swings with a glowy Twashtar and AM1 had 347 double damage hits (no Samba), so . . . 33.5% +/- 3%?. I would engage a monster, use Rudra's Storm, and kill the monster. Engage the next one, Rudra's Storm, etc. It never took over 30 seconds to kill a Funguar. There were several times where I engaged and was animation locked or something and couldn't WS before swinging. 14 hits got through there, which weren't removed from the above total. If I remove them, it is 1019 hits total and ~34% double damage rate. This is somewhat biasing though, because if I had seen the hits do double damage then I would have known they had occurred after the WS.

* Perhaps the value is static over the whole range and is simply 33% (1/3) or so instead of the 30% that we thought.
    * Perhaps the double damage rate scales with TP (1% double damage rate per 10 TP). I was using TPs between 100 and 200 TP to put AM1 on. Assuming it scales linearly and my TP use was random, we would have expected a 35% double damage rate in that case. I probably favored the lower end of the distribution a little, though.
    * 95% confidence interval still means you're wrong 5% of the time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

More shield stuffs. Think I have a pretty certain Value for 99 PLD Shield Defense bonus. Lower than I'd expected though.

Link: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21...es/14/#1752193

Post from FFXIAH
    This seems like a good time to post this, as it's related to Showmo's post anyway.

Aegis tests

So, I got an Aegis! And what do I do with it first? Test it! This is mostly covering old ground. The most notable thing about this test set, is that it's the first instance(that I know of) of Aegis 75~95 tests where the PLD's lvl, and the test mob's, have remained static.

The PLD's lvl going up with the shield's lvl can cause some confusion as to whether Aegis' DMG- improved, or Shield defense bonus did.

Anyway. Going with my usual test conditions. IT Mourning Crawlers, *Assumed lvl* 105. 99 PLD/DNC. Used 49% PDT. Because it's hard to gather data when you're dead. Prior tests have shown the same SBDT results with and without PDT gear, when taking the high lvls of per hit dmg these mobs deal.

Parse data will be in the following post, due to sheer volume.
    Code:
    Aegis	75		80		85		90		95
    Block%	43.39%	43.54%	43.33%	42.36%	43.49%
    SBDT*	-81.1%	-81.1%	-80.9%	-81.1%	-81.1%

* Shield Block DMG taken-
    No notable changes from Aegis75 to 95. But we now have a huge amount of data showing Aegis at 81.1% BDT.

Comparing this to showmo's 99 Aegis test we have a 3.9% BDT difference.

Now, there are two possibilities here. Either SE broke the current pattern, and actually boosted Aegis SBDT, or there are issues with the SBDT portion of Showmo's test.

After entering Showmo's parse data into my shield spreadsheet, the SBDT value returned as 92.4%. I'm not certain how we're getting such different value's from the same data, But I have serious doubts about SE giving that kinda boost to Aegis 99.

Before deciding that Aegis99 received any physical bonuses, I'd recommend a retest on much harder hitting mobs. Low per hit dmg makes the SBDT value jump. I have a gleaming shield test on EM Fear Dearg, that shows 84% SBDT. Whereas the Mourning crawler test Shows 71%.

Really, I just need to get on the test server already. 99 Ochain needs testing. <,<

Shield Defense Bonus and SBDT break down.

Now that we're done leveling up, and traits should remain the same, I wanted to nail down a precise value for shield defense bonus.

This is my proposed break down of Block dmg reduction.
    Code:
    			Base	ViaDef	SDB		Total	Parsed value
    Ochain90	40%		20%		6.10%	66.10%	66.10%
    Aegis95		55%		20%		6.10%	81.10%	81.10%
    Gleaming	50%		15.50%	6.10%	71.60%	71.45%
    Weathering	50%		18%		6.10%	74.10%	74.05%
    While a 6.1 SDB value is a bit smaller than I expected, it fits very well with the breakdown for the kite shields(the only shield size with a previously known base dmg-). I'd have left the .1 off and just called it 6.0, but that .1 shows up in far to many parses to ignore.

I feel reasonably confident in the bases for Ochain and Aegis. the totals match up well, and the base values are neat, logical numbers. The only value that's a bit odd would be the SDB itself. But that could be due to the tiered nature of the trait. And since the distribution matches using the kite shield values as well, I'm inclined to call the SDB value accurate.

Creed Gauntlets +2, SDB enhancement

I do not understand these damn things...

My initial tests way back when had them at 3% SDB(tested with Ochain. Recently, I retested them with various shields. As I was curious if the value varied by shield type and/or current SDB trait. The results are... odd.

Code:
    Creed hands tests
    			W/O		With	Diff
    Ochain90	66.1%	69.1%	3.0%
    Aegis95		81.1%	82.5%	1.46%
    Gleaming	71.4%	73.0%	1.64%
    Weathering	74.0%	75.7%	1.73%
    So my Ochain numbers are re-confirmed, but everything else is substantially lower than I expected. And I've no idea why.

I'm confident in the accuracy of the Ochain and Aegis test values though. Ochain tests had over 10k hits total(2 parses). Aegis tests had 34k hits(4 parses. 2 creed, 2 non.)

My best theory atm(which still ain't so great) is that the bonus from creed varies based on shield dmg reduction. The lower the dmg reduction, the higher the bonus.

The issue with this, is that weathering had a higher creed bonus than gleaming, even though weathering has higher dmg-. It's a small enough difference that it could be variance. Needs more testing, but I'm not sure I'm going to mess with it anymore. There's just not really a good model explaining this.

I guess the important thing is the order for dmg reduction hands.

For Ochain, Magma, Creed, Melaco. Creed over Melaco due to higher def/vit(and set bonus). Creed hands would only be best if you were capping PDT(or very close) before hands.

Then for Aegis/other shields Magma, Melaco, creed. With the same capped PDT caveat.

So, if you had Magma already, nothing's really changed.

That's all for now. If I ever get on the test server, I'll get some 99 tests. But I really don't wanna go through anymore payment system related BS.

Edit. Using BDT for block damage taken, bad idea. Breath dmg taken... could cause confusion. Changed to SBDT. Shield Block Damage Taken
    For some reason, the spacing is off under the code tag.. not sure how to fix it. If its too hard to read, look at the post on FFXIAH.

Also, parse data for said tests. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21...es/14/#1752194

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ancient Circle + Brais+1 yielded 268s, which is 2s off from (3min)*(1.5x) duration. The difference is likely due to lag/log factors, so it seems that "Enhances Circle Effect" AF increases the duration by 50%.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Ancient Circle + Brais+1 yielded 268s, which is 2s off from (3min)*(1.5x) duration. The difference is likely due to lag/log factors, so it seems that "Enhances Circle Effect" AF increases the duration by 50%.
    Will probably be nerfed back to +30 seconds, but that's could be awesome for certain situations now... 90% uptime of +25% damage on favored targets...

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well, it was 1min before, so as Byrthnoth pointed out, it was impossible to determine whether the effect was 50% or a straight bonus. They could have overlooked this though and consequently nerf them as you suggested.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Circle recast merits drop the recast to 4:30, so you can have a permanent circle effect now. It makes me wonder whether or not it was intended after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast