Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The "Weapon Skill DEX +10%" on Utu Grip adds 10% DEX to Weapon Skill stat mod. It applies to all Weapon Skills. Resolution and Apex Arrow both got DEX 10% as secondary mods and Dimidiation's DEX mod increased to 90%.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's... incredible. That grip is a monster.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they made that.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they made that.
    I'm inclined to believe that the fact it applies a 10% DEX mod to WS who do not naturally have a DEX mod might be an "error" they didn't foresee?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that the fact it applies a 10% DEX mod to WS who do not naturally have a DEX mod might be an "error" they didn't foresee?
    The devs spent quite a while (5-10min) talking about the grip and how it works (with powerpoint slides XD) during the broadcast of this month's Freshly Picked #30.
    I know enough Japanese to be able to translate the gist of things, but not enough to deal with finer technicalities like what they were doing.. Someone who is actually fluent needs to watch it and post a translation. The point being that if they are going to spend that much time explaining a single item, then there is likely to be something super special to it (Like straight up adding an additional WSC mod.) While I was watching, I actually expected a cycle of grips similar to Utu Grip for other attributes given how much attention they were giving it.

Wish they added CC/subs to these things after they go out. Would make it infinitely easier to deal with translation issues if we had an actual script to reference. >_<

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The point being that if they are going to spend that much time explaining a single item, then there is likely to be something super special to it
    You're probably right I guess =/

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How crazy is it really though? I've got 350~ DEX in my Shun set. I am guessing sets for WS like Resolution are going to end up with less. It's like DMG+30~35 on your WS. Lionheart has 336 base damage and you're going to get like 300~ or so from the STR mod and then up to another 45 from fSTR. That's DMG 630~675 before this bonus is applied. It's a marginal 5%~ increase in WS damage for that use case. Doesn't seem game breaking or too crazy to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also while it's new and cool remember this is a grip so you are looking at ws with 2hd weapons and huge base dmgs already. That 10% dex thing is only going to add like 3-5% dmg to the ws. Awesome for sure but the acc/att probably does almost as much

edit: fuck you mojo getting in like a second before me lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On my DRK's Resolution set (~360 STR, ~260 DEX) (discounting the +30 attack) on a middle of the road target, the strap's 10% DEX mod gives me about a 3.8% damage bonus over no strap at all. It's significant, but not holyshitamazing. If I had to choose, I'd personally take the 30 acc/atk over the 10% DEX mod.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You also need to consider the loss of Store TP from your current grip, so it would actually be even less of a marginal gain. It's still likely BiS though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

30/30 acc/attack gives you a pretty large degree of leeway (For DRK, I assume you usually need to use Bloodrain over Nep +1 on high end content and something like Ainia or Dedition wasn't generally viable on such targets either) when integrating in STP in other slots. I don't think anyone wasn't considering its other stats when pondering its potency.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I got this crazy idea that if for some reason you didn't want your auto attacking but wanted it to take why not just /sit between maneuvers since auto will sit too. It sort of works but when it takes dmg a weird thing happens. It scoots along the ground towards you while still sitting similar to how you'd see players running around /sitting while trying to get vnms

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So was looking thru Ambuscade and it states "Any action (buff, cure, job ability) at any time (before/after pull) taken upon yourself or a party member will gain enmity on all mobs for the person initiating the action".

This isn't precisely true. While I haven't really checked before pull after pull it's just like normal assuming everyone was on the hate list. Basis for this is I'd throw autos without hate moves on mobs and then buff after sending them to targets... if I was within 30 it'd come right to me unless I waited for hate to build a bit. If I went farther out I could throw as many buffs as I wanted full hp cures and be fine.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, everyone is on the hate list but obviously the target of the spell/ability still has to be within 30' of the monster for the user to gain hate.

Opening fights with Sentinel->Palisade on PLD is a good decision.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah figured it's probably what was meant but the way it was stated could lead to some confusion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So fun fact atmacites persist on trusts after the fight. Sadly this doesn't apply to pets too as one would think. Also sphere effects from atmacite wont work on main

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been some talk in the past about how much cp you can get at a time and just confirmed 65535 displayed cap is a real cap like many have said but the idea you can only get 1 jp per kill is definitely wrong. Also xp/limit points are not subject to same cap. If they have one it's much higher since I've gotten 90k

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So been some talk in the past about how much cp you can get at a time and just confirmed 65535 displayed cap is a real cap like many have said but the idea you can only get 1 jp per kill is definitely wrong. Also xp/limit points are not subject to same cap. If they have one it's much higher since I've gotten 90k
    I believe that Experience Points have a cap based on your actual level, but Limit Points definitely don't work the same way. Wouldn't be surprised at all if LP caps at 128k though.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thats a bit of a surprise since you used to only be able to get one level if you did something that would have granted sufficient xp for multiple levels.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah should've specified you can get higher xp but yeah you'll only gain 1 level as far as I still know but merits and jp are different.

Other side note 137 Apex Umbril gave my ~100 jp no cape, commitment effects, cor roll but all static bonuses (KIs/missions) character about 30.5k cp while 139 gave the character in same pt with all the same bonuses but has ~200 jp and was wearing +50% cape 43.5k. Too late for me to try and factor in the different bonus math right now but holy heck a big difference a few levels make

Edit: So going thru the cp bonus page all the KI/mission related bonuses (RoV KIs, RoE mission line completion, RoE reives, moghancement, cheer, unity ranking) should have a base +275%. Character 1 should have another 11% from gifts and character 2 should have another 65% from cape and gifts

So base cp of the 137 should be ~7900 and 9900 for the 139. Holy heck 25% boost for 1 levels. Full jp bonus is another 320%, kupofried is 10% and cor roll is a separate 24% so level 139 with full non ring or chain bonuses would give 92k decently over the cap. So in retrospect especially considering these targets are hard enough you'd want some jp already these might actually be poor targets. Note this was duoing so might be a bit less with full pt but zone was included with the "gates" update so increases in pt should have minimal change. Figure in normal chain bonus iirc is same as xp capping at 1.5. Campaign goes up to 3x so could be getting 414k a kill with a 1.035M for a super triez ring kill lol