Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been seeing a bit of talk about people using hybrid ws and haven't seen a lot of info on exactly how they are calculated think it's more or less just been assumed you calculate the physical hit with 1.0 ftp then the magical is that dmg multiplied by the given ftp and magical multipliers. But always wondered how things that can effect magical and physical ws worked If Ilvl (I know it seems unlikely but just in case) or magic dmg matters etc. so here's to testing.

For all of this doing hot shot at 3k tp so 70% agi mod and 326 agi (so 228 wsc) , 2.1 ftp on aht urghan spiders to ensure I can't kill with just the physical at full hp but could still cap fstr2/pdif and doing just the physical hit by getting to low hp and then total

Test 1: First baseline Machine crossbow (18 dmg) and Ra'ka bolt (112 dmg)
    Fstr2 20
    WS Base dmg 378

Expected Physical dmg 1323 magical magical dmg 2778 total Damage 4101.

Actual physical damage 1323 total damage 4100... close enough

Test 2: Does ilvl work like it does for magical. One-Eyed (ilvl 109 60 dmg), Ra'ka bolt (112 dmg)
    fstr2 28
    base dmg 428
    Expected Physical dmg 1498 magical dmg 3145 total dmg 4643.
    Actual the same so no. Switching this weapon combo to the new base line

Step 3: How does mdmg effect? Same stats as baseline +10mdmg

Physical dmg 3145, Total dmg 4653
    Yes mdmg adds on to the magic portion. Could do further testing to see if it's before or after multipliers but for now assuming it's after ftp but before other ones like magical

Step 4: MAB. Same gear except +10 mab -
    Physical dmg 1498, total dmg 4957.
    So no change in physical but total dmg increases enough to correspond with +10% to magical as you'd expect. At this point going to assume magic specific multipliers just go with magic part

Step 5: How does +ftp stuff work
    Fotia- physical dmg 1641 total dmg 5166.
    Fotia x2- 1788 dmg total dmg 5716

So this one is really weird. The physical gets the bonuses just like normal but the magical carries that bonus over and then adds another one to the magical portion but at half potency. So like for double the physical goes from 1 to 1.2 while the magical goes from 2.1 to 1.2*2.2=2.64 (yes I know they are actually 25/256 but this is easier display math lol)

Step 6: How does wsdmg factor in. Baseline +10 wsdmg

Physical dmg 1647 total dmg 5450

Physical increased just as expected but total was over 10% but magical side also got a 10% boost for full double dipping. So magical side is basically getting WS^2 applied. So yeah pretty much definitely the BiS stat in most situations

Step 7: Trueshot. Baseline +15% trueshot (full jp no gear) and actually being in sweet spot

Physical dmg 1722 total dmg 5337.

So works normal and equally on both.

Step 8: Physical dmg modifications. Baseline but switched to bees for peircing weakness

Physical dmg 1872 total dmg 5802

So works normal and equally on both. Gunna assume pdt works the same.

Will try to clean it up into more of a formula later... maybe. If anyone can think of other things to test with it other than the assumptions I made go ahead. Unless it's something that doesn't work with ranged because I don't feel like it! But I'll assume overwhelm probably works the same as wsd did and probably explains part of why sam is doing so well at these

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There was a lot of testing done on the FFXIAH Samurai forums a few weeks ago; there might be some good info for you in there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Uggg but ahs searchability is balls. Though first thing I see about Jinpu looks not promising though I suppose it is possible they gave physical higher tp mods than hot shot I guess on top of making multi hits count.

Edit: So based on that and the nin thread and what I've done looks like would be something like (not exact multiplication order might be different so rounding yada yada)

Total dmg = physical + magical

Physical hit = (base dmg +fstr +wsc)*pdif* (1.0+ftp bonus)*wsd + (base dmg +fstr +wsc)*pdif*wsd

Magical hit= ((physical hit* (ftp+ .5ftp bonus))+mdmg) * wsd * magical multipliers

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't know if WSD is applied to the additional hits for hybrid (it doesn't for any other WS.) Haven't seen evidence one way or the other.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah was thinking about mentioning that and of course small chance fotia is applied to all hits. Just this is so weird to begin with like the additional hits even counting for the magic part lol. But yeah I'll change it since that's probably correct

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Death Resist gear - Shadow Ring

I'd meant to go back and test more before posting, but I can't seem to find time, so I'll just post what I have.

I was looking over my Death Resist set in response to the Ambuscade Frog deciding to death me twice in one fight. For PLD, that's pretty much just rings. thing is, there's 3 of them.

Warden has a visible value(+10)
    Eihwaz is reported as +10("+10% resistance to death, according to FFXI Premium guide 2013", Link to comment on FFXIAH

But I couldn't find anything on Shadow Ring's potency anywhere. And I sifted through age old KI posts, and Google translated JP wiki. JP wiki did have something vaguely phrased about it being the potency of a job resist trait? but didn't explicitly state a value.

I've just been using the newer two rings with the thought that stats tend to increase over time, and being old and hell, Shadow Ring probably has lower potency. But I didn't Know so I tested.

Angra Mainyu in Dynamis Beaucedine is an amazing test mob for Death. Once he chainspells and come back from warping away once, he literally does nothing but Death and the Rare TP move.

You can just lock in Twilight, RR, claim him him, then get Death'd. each cycle took maybe 20 seconds. 10 of that being waiting for RR to pop up.

Anyway, Results.

121 deaths cast.
    32 resists.
    96 dead.
    26.4% Proc rate.

This is a small sample size, so the real value could like +/- 8% or so. But it's still waaay higher than I expected. I'd like to increase the sample size at some point, but haven't been able to find the time. Still, this is enough to tell us something useful. Use Shadow Ring over one of the newer rings.

Part two - Resist all status Ailments gear.

Now I admit, I screwed this test up pretty well. And it should be redone, but even so, I think it probably still shows how this works. Or rather, doesn't.

Tested with Adamas, reportedly +20 resist all, and Staunch Tathlum. Issue being that I typo'd my lock command and wasn't actually wearing Staunch for a portion of the test. Which I didn't mark, so I don't know how long. And Adamas value is reported, but not well confirmed. So this whole test is kinda iffy.

Anyway. Ate 35 deaths wearing Adamas, and sometimes Staunch. And never resisted. Which is I guess.. possible, but unlikely assuming Adamas' value is correct, and that resist all status gear works on death. I'm inclined to say it doesn't at this point. But I do think I should retest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Makes a certain amount of sense. There is no death status effect so it's quite possibly not a status ailment

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag