Diabolos

Random Facts Thread: Other

Random facts thread made easier.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This might be news only for em but I will write it anyway:

Ok so after Vegetto (Cream_Soda) posted on official forum that Veret ODD not proccing on multiattacks made with fist that normally ODD I decided to make a small test to check this.

Sadly Cream is right. Not only Veret ODD is reduced to sub hand but its also reduced to very first attack with sub hand which is only exception among all empyrean I think. FUCK YOU SE!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think you ment main-hand instead of sub-hand?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Has someone proved that other empyrean ODD can proc on multihits or is it just something that people assume?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I am fairly sure that people have posted back-to-back AF3+2 and Ukon procs (DA for 2k+ damage per swing).

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Was that done in conditions in which it would have been impossible for it to be an Empy ODD followed by an Emp+2 double damage?

I mean, at 50% proc rate with a 300% TP aftermath, it should be easy enough to prove.

Heck, you could test it with your Twashtar Byrth.

Do a 300% TP Rudras with no offhand and no samba up, then use Ternary flourish a couple of times and see if you get 2+ double damages.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    I think you ment main-hand instead of sub-hand?
    Nope, Vere and iirc Spharai damage procs occur on the offhand. I believe Thorny first mentioned it somewhere in the magian weapons thread.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Nope, Vere and iirc Spharai damage procs occur on the offhand. I believe Thorny first mentioned it somewhere in the magian weapons thread.
    Spharai's 3x damage multiplier occurs on the first hit (main hand) of an attack round. Verethragna's ODD occurs on the 2nd hit only (off/sub-hand) of an attack round. I mentioned Vereth's unusual property when I got mine while people were originally led to believe it could ODD on both hits:http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/907...=1#post4255638

In any case, considering how many people have empyrean weapons, it would not take too much effort for someone to demonstrate ODD occurring on multi-attacks in the absence of AF3 armor if it can as Foldypaws requested.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well there you go! Thanks for the link.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Has someone proved that other empyrean ODD can proc on multihits or is it just something that people assume?
    I'm as certain as I ever am before I actually test that Almace's aftermath can proc on DA and TA as well as on the offhand(non-almace) strikes but I'll confirm in a couple hours once I get home. I'd be very surprised if it couldn't since I recall seeing a line of 6 strikes in a row for 500+ which I know I can't hit without AM.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I know for a fact that Twashtar's ODD doesn't affect the offhand.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From my gimp tests so far looks like you're right that off hand hits don't get odd. I haven't gotten any off hand procs with lv3 aftermath thus far. Works on DA and TA though so long as the swing was done with Almace.

That's a bit depressing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    From my gimp tests so far looks like you're right that off hand hits don't get odd. I haven't gotten any off hand procs with lv3 aftermath thus far. Works on DA and TA though so long as the swing was done with Almace.

That's a bit depressing.
    Aftermaths never carried to offhand on dualwield. At least you get DA and TA procs on Alamace.

So to summarize:

Sphrai: Triple damage Procs on first hit of main hand only
    Glanz: Multiattack procs on main hand only
    Vere: ODD on offhand only

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got around to test Pavor Gauntlets tonight:

[Hands] All Races
    DEF:33 MP+33 Dark magic skill +10 Augments "Absorb" spells
    LV 93 DRK

Absorb Rate:
    Lv99 DRK (Base) - 22
    Pavor Gauntlets - 24 (+10%)
    Liberator - 30 (+40%)
    Pavor Gauntlets + Liberator - 33 (+50%)

/w Nether Void:
    Pavor Gauntlets + Liberator + Nether Void - 49
    33 * 1.5 = 49

Pavor Gauntlets + Liberator + Nether Void (/w AF3+2 Pants) - 57
    33 * 1.75 = 57

Seems to all check out, and puts Gauntlets at +10%.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Augmented Melee Gloves +2 (enhanced invigorate) give the regen effect an additional 10hp/tic for a total of 20hp/tic. Gloves can be removed after activation and the regen is still 20hp/tic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    Augmented Melee Gloves +2 (enhanced invigorate) give the regen effect an additional 10hp/tic for a total of 20hp/tic. Gloves can be removed after activation and the regen is still 20hp/tic.
    Would it be possible for you to test if they're just doubling the regen effect?

Masamune

I'm curious about the war +2 relics, if they can be desequipped while keeping whatever enhancement they give. (if i remember correctly, the +1s don't)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, I can confirm the chakra mod on Melee Gloves +2 is 0.8 as someone posted on FFXIAH. Testing for additional status removals, so far I have found that it will not allow you to remove curse or slow, but does allow for the removal of plague whereas NQ Melee Gloves do not. Curse/Slow were inflicted by ghost TP moves in Abyssea - Konschtat. Plague was inflicted by Lowing from Bluffalo in Abyssea - Uleguerand and chakra was used with NQ Melee Gloves and augmented Melee Gloves +2.

Edit: Melee Gloves +2 still remove disease as well. Just tried on the disease effect given by chigoes in Mire.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Would it be possible for you to test if they're just doubling the regen effect?
    Invigorate regen is the same at all merit tiers; additional merits just increase the duration. So whether it's +10 or doubled doesn't matter, it's the same result either way.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the Test Server thread or anywhere else (probably because who gives a shit) but after doing a few Campaign Ops for the hell of it, I was getting about 2.5-3x as much XP and twice as many AN as when I last did one all those many months ago: about 1600 XP and 2k notes for Slaughterhouse IV, and 850 XP and 1200 notes for Iron Anvil III.

A stack of 7 Ops could be a decent bump for a job on the way to 30, I guess?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast