Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4/PS3) | Part 1 (PC/PS5) - September 2, 2022

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6...972232fe55.jpg
    Developer: Naughty Dog Inc

Summary:

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
    Trailers:

Screens:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6...979a30c5_z.jpg
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6...34c93fc4_z.jpg
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7170/6...d995acb5_z.jpg
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6...1a18310f_z.jpg

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That chick reminds me so much of Ellen Page. Her name is even Ellie, lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Last time I got excited for a trailer it ended up being Left 4 Dead Rising: Shitty Island edition. Although to TLOU's credit, Naughty Dog is making it. Still want to see actual gameplay footage though.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Naughty Dog is Naughty Dog. I'm ready.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah for real, trailer is awesome like Dead Island was, but then the game came around and I was like "wtf is this shit?". Cautiously optimistic, lesson learned.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla

excellent pick

an interesting twist to the zombie theme

fungus!

Can't wait! Naughty Dog will tell a good story for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla

excellent pick
    Last from motorcycle diaries is great, as is the entire soundtrack

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/12/th...for-two-years/

The Last of Us has been in development for two years
    There was quite a lot of buzz surrounding the first new game revealed during the Spike VGAs this weekend, The Last of US. Decidedly void of smarmy characters and international espionage, The Last of Us instead focuses on two survivors trying to make their way across the country after a post-apocalyptic event. And, surprisingly, it's been in development for two years already, Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann revealed on Twitter.

Druckmann also revealed the two leads on the game are Troy Baker, the man voicing protagonist Booker DeWitt in BioShock Infinite, and Ashley Johnson, who is in fact not Ellen Page. Yeah, we were kinda surprised, too. The Last of Us also appears to be a Mature title -- the UK page suggests a PEGI rating of 18, the equivalent of a Mature ESRB rating here in The States, a first for Naughty Dog. Also a first at Naughty Dog: the existence of two separate teams. One team is working on The Last of Us, the other is working on other stuff, according to co-president Christophe Balestra.

Finally, the UK page suggests "no network play," which could mean the final game is a local-only affair. Of course, that could change in the lead-up to launch in 2012.

Siralin

As long as they don't constantly rely on the UC3 formula for exploring new areas I'll be good. (heros go in to find clue/artifact, bad guys swarm in behind)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The former lead designer from Enslaved is also working on this, so I'm kinda hoping a bit of that game bleeds into this as I loved the constant interactions between the two main characters.

In contrast, there was never enough Sully in the Uncharted series.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This article from Eurogamer gives me high hopes, at least for the story. The game can't help but be compared to Dead Island with the zombies and the fantastic trailer, I just hope it gets past that. I'm really looking forward to this one.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Laude View Post
    That chick reminds me so much of Ellen Page. Her name is even Ellie, lol.
    My first thought as well, then my second thought is that someone FINALLY did a dilapidated run down city right! I am so tired of brown dead boring looking post apocalyptic worlds. I really like the idea of a city overrun by jungle/plants.

Also even though Dead Island didn't quite live up to the hype of the trailer I still enjoyed it personally and I am looking forward to this game as well.

Agreed Zoob and I think that having the former lead from Enslaved on this can't hurt that. I found the 'post apocalyptic' world of Enslaved to be very much on that same track. Overgrowth, plants reclaiming entire cities, etc.

Huge.
    Spoiler: show

A lot of people here disliked Enslaved, or at least didn't share my enjoyment of it to the same extent, but I am quite happy to hear that Mark Richard Davies is in on this title.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This game has a ton of potential. With the people working on it I would be shocked if it failed. But stranger things have happened.

Liking the looks of it so far

Yeah me too, looks amazing. I hope the actual game is good because I like the setting and look.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ashley Johnson is the VA for Ellis this game is pretty much going to be Resident evil meets dead island (they say its nothing like dead island but lets face it I Am Legend looked like this trailer)

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

I'm a big fan of Naughty Dog, I hope this game lives up to its hype!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast