BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Assault: Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region (12/21/2011)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../7712/7712.jpg

The following thread in the Updates section of the official forums has been updated with new information:

[dev1048] Assault: Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region

*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

Overview
    The Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region is a challenging new battle mission designed for level 99 adventurers.
    This mission is an expansion of Nyzul Isle Investigation featuring increased difficulty and new gameplay elements requiring players to make dynamic decisions in the course of battle.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/at...464813&thumb=1http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/at...464822&thumb=1

Prerequisites
    -An installed and registered copy of the FINAL FANTASY XI expansion Treasures of Aht Urhgan
    -Mercenary rank of Private Second Class or above
    -Level 50 or above
    -A party of three to six members
    -Possession of the Imperial Army I.D. tag key item

Undertaking the Mission
    1. Go to the commissions counter and receive an Imperial Army I.D. tag.

[Test server only]
    For test purposes, the following NPCs will function as follows:
    Rytaal: Will grant I.D. tags unconditionally, and increase player token count to a minimum 10,000.
    Sorrowful Sage: Will increase player token count to a minimum of 10,000.
    Runic Portal: All destinations will be available.
    *All teleport destinations will also be available when speaking to the Moogle GM or the NPC Sharin-Garin.
    *The unlocking of teleport destinations will not be accompanied by a system message.

2. Apply for the mission as you would a standard mission, then enter the battlefield from the Nyzul Isle staging point.
    *Nyzul Isle missions occupy a unique position in Assault. You will not be able to manually set level restrictions, and no Assault Points will be gained for successful completion.

[Test server only]
    For testing purposes, players will be able to attempt the mission solo. (The corresponding text will still make reference to the 3-6 party member requirement.)
    However, certain mission objectives may not be completed with fewer than three players.

3. After entering the battlefield, use the Rune of Transfer on the initial floor to select your destination.
    *Adventurers undertaking the Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region mission will always begin from the first floor, regardless of their progress.
    Before transporting to your destination, obtain any temporary items you may need from Vending Box.

4. Upon arriving at your destination floor, examine the Rune of Transfer to receive your mission orders.
    *Certain objectives may not be completed when undertaking the mission with fewer than three party members.

5. Upon completing the mission objectives, examine the Rune of Transfer to proceed to the next floor, or suspend the operation and return.

a. Proceeding
    After completing Floor 100, you will be returned to Floor 1.
    - "Travel to Floor ###" will transport you to the next floor.
    - "Travel to Floor ???" will transport you to a random floor.

b. Returning
    To return, select "Exit the Assault area."
    You will be rewarded with Nyzul Isle Investigation tokens.
    *Tokens will not be awarded to players leaving via magic spells or time limit expiration.

Differences from the Nyzul Isle Investigation
    -The "Travel to Floor ???" option will appear when proceeding to the next floor.
    -The mission will always begin from the first floor, regardless of your previous progress.
    -Monsters will be stronger to provide a suitable challenge to high-level players.
    -New notorious monsters will appear.
    -Notorious monsters will no longer drop Vigil weapons.
    -New mysterious items and corresponding appraised items will be added.
    -New equipment rewards will be added.
    *These items will not yet be made available on the test server.
    -Alexandrite and the corresponding cotton and linen coin purses may be obtained.
    *These items will not yet be made available on the test server.

We are also considering measures to prevent overcrowding.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Upside: Cotton and Linen
    Downside: Doesn't look like you can control your progress

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yay! new way to get alexandrite!
    and more places to fight ToA gods.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So Nyzul Isle v² is Nyzul Isle just harder and more random? Well Alexandrites are nice but when they are just considering and not actual making measures to prevent overcrowding then cheers.

So...if I'm reading this right, not only will there probably be a low chance of drops like the original Nyzul Isle did, but it's going to be completely random whether we run into the boss we want, assuming you run into a boss at all?

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeaaaaaaaaaah ok

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im guessing if you choose to proceed up level by level there will be a pattern.. but if you choose to do a random floor (no idea how that works) it may send you somewhere different

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but they specifically say you can't warp to higher floors in any controlled was. It is either going to be incredibly frustrating or structured very differently from old NI. I bet on the former.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

"-Notorious monsters will no longer drop Vigil weapons."

How exactly are we supposed to get them then?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From old Nyzul?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    From old Nyzul?
    this

It just sounds like when you beat the first floor the best option is to always choose randomize, and then if you land near a boss floor you climb normally. If said bosses don't end up having a high drop rate this is going to be an ass-pain haven, like even worse than Voidwatch- you won't be able to even fight the monster you're looking for a good chunk of the time, and keep in mind, this is being designed for level 99 folk, so I assume it's going to be about as hard as climbing Nyzul at 75 was, so if you get lucky you're only hitting maybe...8 floors or so, tops?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    From old Nyzul?
    EDIT: HOLY FUCK I'M DUMB. Did not fucking see that they were two seperate missions. Jesus fucking christ. I need coffee.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was expecting singles, and maybe cotton, but linen too? Hellz ya.

this already sounds as dumb as everything else SE has put out recently

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I dont know why they couldn't just make it choosing basement floors rather than this bullshit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been waiting for this for so long and sadly the description didn't really meet my expectations.

From the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like there is any benefit from completing floor 100 from v1 that is transferred through this. It would have been nice to gain something from that. I don't like the non-progress talk either, seems too random. I guess that levels the playing field but meh, they need NOT rush this. They can make this grand.....

edit: what was the release estimated? March 2012? I forget

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't wait to see the picture of someone getting to the high 80s, decides to chance ??? floor since low on time, and gets sent back to floor 1.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    It just sounds like when you beat the first floor the best option is to always choose randomize, and then if you land near a boss floor you climb normally. If said bosses don't end up having a high drop rate this is going to be an ass-pain haven, like even worse than Voidwatch- you won't be able to even fight the monster you're looking for a good chunk of the time, and keep in mind, this is being designed for level 99 folk, so I assume it's going to be about as hard as climbing Nyzul at 75 was, so if you get lucky you're only hitting maybe...8 floors or so, tops?
    Worse. Watch the upgrade items for Nyzul gear only drop from the bosses.