1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 17 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Weapon Comparisons: Crit-Rate vs. Attack+

End-game weapons question:
    How do Gridanian Cesti and Ifrit's Claws compare?
    I know this isn't a simple 1-to-1 comparison, because the GridCesti have higher crit and lower attack speed, while Ifrit's Claws have higher damage, attack+, and +fire damage. But I wonder: which one is "better"? For auto-attack DoT, does Crit-rate+25 reign supreme? Or is higher damage + attack + firedmg better overall?

I don't have the time or energy to farm BOTH of these weapons, but would like one or the other, which is why I ask.

Has anyone parsed this kind of crit-rate comparison? If not specifically for PGL, then for any other class?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

DMG. DMG. DMG. DMG. DMG.

Seriously, lower DMG = crap. Doesn't matter how high/often you crit. Only Mogfists can compare with Ifrit's, IMO. Even then that's probably subjective/wrong.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

As Seravi Edalborez said. Go with Ifrit's.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hmm, I didn't think it would be that clear-cut.

So then the question is: what do I spend my Gridanian GC points on? (苦笑)

If you really want to spend your points and already got the patriot's Bracelet then probably Serpent Sergeant's Belt. Decent Belt for Pgl.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Shield also looks ok for GLA, if that appeals to you.